1 2.22%
  • Topher

1 2.22%
  • Gib

1 2.22%
  • Rufus

1 2.22%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Easy to see why, it's CBs baby. He was the editor during the first volume.

The question is the book gonna make it past the milestone, especially since the youth line is said to have a drastic overhaul.

I'm gonna assume the trades do well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Every solicit that doesn't read as "Last Issue" feels like someone used a wish to make it continue. I do not know why this book continues to be published. I'm not mad about it, but it boggles the mind. There has to be some significant hidden figures somewhere because the monthly sales are horrible, the trades only sell well in a relative sense, and the number of digital sales would have to absolutely dwarf every other title in order to offset the low print numbers. There isn't even a TV show anymore to claim synergy. The only explanation is that someone with a lot of sway REALLY wants the book to reach a legacy #100. For whatever reason.

It's bananas.
    The book isn't even really going anywhere, it's just the Runaways doing stuff at this point with no real direction or goal other than just living.

I mean, I enjoy that in its own right to some degree, but it does feel kind of aimless.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The book isn't even really going anywhere, it's just the Runaways doing stuff at this point with no real direction or goal other than just living.

I mean, I enjoy that in its own right to some degree, but it does feel kind of aimless.
    Yeah, I can't say I don't still enjoy the title but not only does it feel directionless/pointless it doesn't even feel important in/of itself. So many pages/panels fail to move any plotline forward in any direction, and the most recent issue made a point to demonstrate that the J-Team arc wasn't necessary. They're literally in the exact position they were in before it started. Which can be fine, but there are plots to move forward with.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Yeah, I could've understood that if it was leading to an Outlawed tie-in that was later abandoned... but we know Runaways was never participating in that event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I could've understood that if it was leading to an Outlawed tie-in that was later abandoned... but we know Runaways was never participating in that event.
    I guess that's another thing that shows editorial favoritism to where the book isn't being forced to do a tie-in or involve the wider MU at all.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

As much as I do like title isolationism to the extent that it allows books to continue without fear of "event" interruption a little perceived importance could go a long way. Pretending a book is important can be pretty effective on occasion, giving a title a role in a crossover can do that. It speaks volumes that the Wolverine/Krakoa issue feels like the biggest thing the title has done in years.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.