• Topher

1 2.22%
  • Gib

1 2.22%
  • Rufus

1 2.22%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I doubt it would happen in Runaways. Vision's not the biggest comics star, but I think fallout from his Maxi-series would have to be in a title he's more relevant to. If not not contained within its own mini-series that is. I don't think Rowell would be able to deal with it any further than she already has.
    Not to mention Rowell doesn't involve the greater Marvel Universe any more then she has to, at least from what I've read.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention Rowell doesn't involve the greater Marvel Universe any more then she has to, at least from what I've read.
    Yeah, she acknowledges as little as she can. If it wasn't something that directly affected the kids during the hiatus it isn't noteworthy, and I don't think anyone is too worried about currently running books having an effect on the series. Outside of Future Foundation it hasn't had any effects on other books either. Takes no waves, makes no ripples.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

In fact, the Karolina/Julie breakup may have been to set up Future Foundation, which was originally supposed to launch a year earlier. It kept getting screwed over by other books, including Fantastic Four itself, because Slott wanted to use Franklin and Valeria, Guardians of the Galaxy, as Rocket was supposed to die (he ended up surviving due to the creative team on that book changing again) and Whitley originally planned to use him and not Yondu, and then Yondu got a solo book, so he was revealed to be Lyja in disguise. Whitley had to do rewrite after rewrite before they could even draw the first issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't know why you're both acting as if I'm suggesting some huge crossover event?

Realistically I think a reunion between Viv and Vic would stay similar to the spirit of Tom King series and be a very quiet and intimate affair that has nothing to do with the wider Marvel Universe or multiple currently running titles? (interesting take) but all to do with personal drama between two estranged family members, and that deep dive into these characters lives and emotions has very much been the lifeblood of this series from the start.

If not something you're personally interested in fair enough but conflation isn't a sincere form of debate.

Yeah, it could easily be done as a one-shot, either under Vision's name (since it'd involve him too) or as a Champions/Runaways crossover focusing mainly on Viv Vision and Victor Mancha (similar to how the Champions annual a year ago was basically a Snowguard solo story). 30 pages is more than enough for that story.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm only three episodes into the final season of the show, spoilers:
    but boy is it making me appreciate the efficiency of just killing the whole Pride at once.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Is Justice supposed to be Robin? Five kids, 50 years ago? Sounds like the original Teen Titans to me.

Also, Molly, Chase and Old Lace are on a new Outlawed wraparound variant cover released yesterday. With Champions, New Warriors and Power Pack all just announced, it's safe to say that the Runaways will be tying in to Outlawed as well, which explains why the J-Team arc got an extra issue.

I still don't think them appearing on the covers will amount to Outlawed having any meaningful effect on unsolicited issues of Runaways. I don't expect Nico appearing as a mentor in Strange Academy will have so either. I could be wrong, but I don't think we'll be seeing an Outlawed Banner on any covers.

I feel like the placement of the Runaways on Outlawed was significant, so whether it's in the main book or somewhere I feel like there will be some kind of tie-in.

The solicit for #32 tells us nothing at all.... because it's just a repeat of #31's. Here's the cover:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-in-april-2020

That is odd, I recall #31 having had a different solicit initially but that doesn't appear to be the case. I didn't see it as being off when I read it on AIPT in earlier.

In any case the article you just linked to appears to have a revised solicit of sorts.

"New Arc! Great jumping on point! After the events of last issue, the Runaways are in a dark and scary place. There are so many pieces to pick up and choices to be made and if the Runaways are good at anything it’s making bad choices."

I've been catching up with the book and this utter Nico retcon makes me not want to read the book. Nico is one of my favorite characters and this series did her powers dirty. She is supposed to be incredibly strong. What the actual heck is going on?

Where is her magic arm? Where is her confidence and control in her powers? Where is all the training she got from Hellstrom? Where are all the words from different languages she learnt to repeat the same spells??? This is so frustrating
    Last edited by Captain M; 01-14-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Some of those things do get explanations. I don't know how satisfying you'll find them to be however. They largely exist to reset her abilities to a pre-Whedon (hell, even pre-Wells) level.

spoilers:
    It's implied that her magical abilities outside of usage of the staff (Arena/Undercover/A-Force) came from her witch arm, the wizard that resides within the Staff of One didn't like that so they fixed her arm. Nico later renegotiated the terms of the Staff's bondage to her when the wizard revealed themselves. Instead of requiring a blood sacrifice every time it comes out of her, she'll be able to summon, and cast with it at will. The sacrifice now being that a portion of the wizard's soul will leak into Nico's with every use.
    end of spoilers

Rowell has definitely been writing this book for fans of the original BKV issues above any later runs or appearances during the hiatus. She only acknowledges them when she has to, and is pretty quick about it.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 01-14-2020 at 04:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I've been catching up with the book and this utter Nico retcon makes me not want to read the book. Nico is one of my favorite characters and this series did her powers dirty. She is supposed to be incredibly strong. What the actual heck is going on?

Where is her magic arm? Where is her confidence and control in her powers? Where is all the training she got from Hellstrom? Where are all the words from different languages she learnt to repeat the same spells??? This is so frustrating
    the fact that she learns magic for different languages has been mentioned, but she used all the words for heal, so she didnt wanted to be a hero again because that would put her at great risk.

If you want to see the nico of avengers arena and undercover you will be disappointed. This series has made a huge point that Nico isnt a witch, just a girl playing with a toy that she doenst understand and eventually will make her pay a terrible price.