1 2.22%
  • Rufus

1 2.22%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

OP Question -

Karolina Dean
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I think we can assume some literal interpretation of the cover. Gib, Victor, and Gert going to high school. If the football uniforms are any indication, they're going to a rival school of Molly's. Or more accurately whatever high school Molly's Junior High School would feed into.

I just don't see why they'd be involved with Outlawed in any way. It has next to nothing to do with them, nor is Outlawed likely to affect them in any way. The J-Team angle clearly isn't going to last beyond the present arc, and I doubt Rowell is going to have them go back into un-costumed heroics afterwards. Even if she does that just means they're going back to the vigilantism they routinely did during Vaughan's run. It was illegal before the SHRA, and it was illegal afterwards. Just like whatever law it is they're introducing in the event. It may as well be whatever the Guardians are doing in space, utterly irrelevant until they decide for it not to be.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I think we can assume some literal interpretation of the cover. Gib, Victor, and Gert going to high school. If the football uniforms are any indication, they're going to a rival school of Molly's. Or more accurately whatever high school Molly's Junior High School would feed into.

I just don't see why they'd be involved with Outlawed in any way. It has next to nothing to do with them, nor is Outlawed likely to affect them in any way. The J-Team angle clearly isn't going to last beyond the present arc, and I doubt Rowell is going to have them go back into un-costumed heroics afterwards. Even if she does that just means they're going back to the vigilantism they routinely did during Vaughan's run. It was illegal before the SHRA, and it was illegal afterwards. Just like whatever law it is they're introducing in the event. It may as well be whatever the Guardians are doing in space, utterly irrelevant until they decide for it not to be.
    Again, I don't expect them to tie them in the series. I expect something like the Civil War-Secret Invasion crossovers with the YA crew.

I do think someone will poke the bear and press their luck and CRADLE will get involved.

I just want Runaways+Champions

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The reason people thought they would be involved is mostly because Chase, Molly and Old Lace were actually used in promotional images for Outlawed. That, obviously, could've turned out to be just ''bait'' covers that don't actually represent the interior content.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-22-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Yeah, they also used X-23, who is actually unavailable due to the events of X-Men #5 (though I do wonder if they used the wrong Kinney there, as there's no reason they can't use Gabby, who's been a complete no show since Hickman took over the X line). And Franklin and Valeria, when Fantastic Four is tying into Empyre instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Again, I don't expect them to tie them in the series. I expect something like the Civil War-Secret Invasion crossovers with the YA crew.

I do think someone will poke the bear and press their luck and CRADLE will get involved.

I just want Runaways+Champions
    Fair enough, but if the success of the last iteration of Champions is any indication I doubt CRADLE will be relevant long enough for it to be such a catalyst for a team-up.

An event tie-in could be helpful. At least as a mini to point out that Runaways is still published, and get some of that sweet perceived relevance that superhero comics fans crave. Historically the Young Avengers crossovers have been some of the highest selling issues with "Runaways" on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The reason people thought they would be involved is mostly because Chase, Molly and Old Lace were actually used in promotional images for Outlawed. That, obviously, could've turned out to be just ''bait'' covers that don't actually represent the interior content.
    Yes, it was a worm on a hook with a fancy lure. Presently we are well fed, and didn't have to nip at it. If the book was involved it would have been announced formally. Or at least be acknowledged by the creative team on social media.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I assumed every character there was to indicate something Outlawed related (we did get a new Power Pack book), but it might not have gone that far.
    Fair enough, but if the success of the last iteration of Champions is any indication I doubt CRADLE will be relevant long enough for it to be such a catalyst for a team-up.
    I am kind of curious how long they're expecting this storyline to run since they're treating it as a major status quo change...will they shorten it if the flagship Champions book doesn't sell well enough? Although I guess by then they would've succeeded in at least reviving some young hero properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am kind of curious how long they're expecting this storyline to run since they're treating it as a major status quo change...will they shorten it if the flagship Champions book doesn't sell well enough? Although I guess by then they would've succeeded in at least reviving some young hero properties.
    I figure that whether Champions succeeds or fails the CRADLE situation will continue to affect Miles, and Kamala if nobody else. For as long as it stays interesting anyway. Unless one of the tie-in miniseries goes ongoing I don't think there are many other books that could run with it. I heard Power Pack was getting solid pre-order numbers.

Well crap...

WRITTEN BY RAINBOW ROWELL
    ART BY ANDRES GENOLET
    COVER BY KRIS ANKA
    Wolverine and Pixie guest star in RUNAWAYS and answer what Runaways fans have been asking for months: With the X-Men’s opening of Krakoa, the island-nation that welcomes mutants in existence, will Molly go?
    You may think you know the answer to that or what is going to happen here, but this comic is like its stars: They never do what they’re told—or expected—to do.

It's about time. I've not been a fan of Rowell ignoring Molly being a mutant, and I love that she's taller than Logan. Pixie makes sense in a story like this considering: Her whole aesthetic, her dad being a villain, and being in a similar age group.

I thought she was gonna tie in to Outlawed but this is cool.

Still time for that - looks like we're getting a few one and dones, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with May's issue.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this issue just puts all ambiguity aside, and says that Molly isn't a mutant. I wouldn't like it, but it's a chance to put it to bed for a while and maybe get a sales boost from a guest star.

I just want Molly to punt Wolverine like a football

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this issue just puts all ambiguity aside, and says that Molly isn't a mutant. I wouldn't like it, but it's a chance to put it to bed for a while and maybe get a sales boost from a guest star.
    They pretty much already did didn't they? Grandma genetically modified Molly and her parents, which means all three are actually mutates. Maybe Molly agrees to go... but ends up either walking straight through the portal instead of entering it (like Franklin Richards) or hitting a solid wall and getting blocked (like Kitty Pryde).