Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Why stop at Episode 8? Might as well reboot the whole trilogy while they're at it, only this time start with a plan for the whole narrative - start to finish. It happens often enough in the anime industry, Hellsing became Hellsing: Ultimate, Fullmetal Alchemist became Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, even the Legend of the Galactic Heroes is getting a complete remake 20 years later and the original version was damn near perfect. It could be done, if only Disney is willing to swallow their pride and start over.
    The only time these movies are getting a reboot is when the whole enchilada gets rebooted, from ANH down the line. What do you think the odds are of that are?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The only time these movies are getting a reboot is when the whole enchilada gets rebooted, from ANH down the line. What do you think the odds are of that are?
    I already got you covered https://community.cbr.com/showthread...iginal-trilogy
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So then not particularly good odds then? That seems to be the consensus there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    So then not particularly good odds then? That seems to be the consensus there.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't think Disney has the motivation, financially or otherwise, to remake TROS, much less the whole sequel trilogy just because some people online didn't like it are vocal about it.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'd rather see a remake of IX.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So now there's a rumor going around the internet that there's a mythical "Abrams cut" of Episode IX. In other words, Abrams filmed a "good" version of it but Disney forced them to put in all the stuff that people hated. Good work, Snyder-zombies. Now every movie that fans don't like or has a problem with has a magical "good" version out there that the studio is somehow keeping from people. This needs to stop. This is the Star Wars universe we are stuck with. Let's just move on. Disney screwed up this whole "trilogy" thing. The only good Star Wars movies were the original trilogy and Rogue One. That's more bad than good. Just put Feige on the whole franchise and let him do whatever the hell he wants. He has a good track record here.
    Assassinate Putin!

I wish JJ Abrams could make me believe in Santa Claus again so that I found Christmas more enjoyable.

Rumours are flying that JJ Abrams had a nightmare working on the film and Disney basically took over the entire film leaving him with little to no say on the direction. we have to wait to see if this is actually official. it won't surprise me though, Rise of skywalker sort of reminded me of Age of Ultron and Whedon's frustration with the entire situation. it could explain also why JJ Abrams has come off as less interested and less attached to this film and is all ready to move on. the last thing he would want to do is make another star wars film, talk less of a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So now there's a rumor going around the internet that there's a mythical "Abrams cut" of Episode IX. In other words, Abrams filmed a "good" version of it but Disney forced them to put in all the stuff that people hated. Good work, Snyder-zombies. Now every movie that fans don't like or has a problem with has a magical "good" version out there that the studio is somehow keeping from people. This needs to stop. This is the Star Wars universe we are stuck with. Let's just move on. Disney screwed up this whole "trilogy" thing. The only good Star Wars movies were the original trilogy and Rogue One. That's more bad than good. Just put Feige on the whole franchise and let him do whatever the hell he wants. He has a good track record here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Rumours are flying that JJ Abrams had a nightmare working on the film and Disney basically took over the entire film leaving him with little to no say on the direction. we have to wait to see if this is actually official. it won't surprise me though, Rise of skywalker sort of reminded me of Age of Ultron and Whedon's frustration with the entire situation. it could explain also why JJ Abrams has come off as less interested and less attached to this film and is all ready to move on. the last thing he would want to do is make another star wars film, talk less of a remake.
    LOL to the max, man.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    I'd rather see a remake of IX.
    So would I, but it'll never happen.