Page 121 of 432 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 6479
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

They aren't, they havent since the early 2000's it has been an afterthought that's why it is on the sorry state it currently is.

The only thing Jean has showed so far is teasing Wolverine, maybe, just maybe she is also doing cyclops but then again that is still not pushing because that along with emma causes more damage. It is as if someone wrote a story screwing over a relationship and say it is being pushed.

If anything they are pushing the poly ship without really caring about any character or relationship involved. And maybe some people don't like (i don't) but others do and that's what marvel has decided to explore, they are reaching to the people who want to see that.
    This is all fictional anyway. People love, break up and do stuff just to sell monthly funny books, not because it makes sense or has a deep meaning or anything like that.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-04-2020 at 08:13 PM.

There won't be any poly going on, it is very clear it is bait. marvel doesn't even let C list characters be gay, much less compromise 2 of the most popular characters on a unpopular thing. That is brand suicide and heads would roll.

I didn't saw Jean teasing Wolverine or any romantic clue.

i'm still waiting on writers wanting to write Jean journey. Taylor was interested and then he was take off board. There is Percy and they took away his chance to write a new romance for her, so he i slimited on that.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There won't be any poly going on, it is very clear it is bait. marvel doesn't even let C list characters be gay, much less compromise 2 of the most popular characters on a unpopular thing. That is brand suicide and heads would roll.

I didn't saw Jean teasing Wolverine or any romantic clue.
    Look,I don't like it either but everything points at the poly ship being the case.
    So far it seems very popular on twitter.
    Also her journey doesn't depend who is she fucking or not. That is totally interchangable.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-04-2020 at 08:19 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

They aren't forcing jean and Scott down our throats? Everytime jean show up on X-men she is with Scott, on giant size she is also with him and on the tiki bar she is also with him. They are a happy family with a house on the moon.
    Scott hasn't appeared in X-Force at all outside of one single splash page that didn't have any dialogue. Jean shut him down hard in Hellions. When she appears in X-Men, she's just as likely to be doing Quiet Council things as she is with Scott, or moreso (see issue two). Scott appeared in Giant-Sized because it was a huge reference to New X-Men #121, and he was only featured in it as much as he was in that original issue. Despite Scott and Jean being together and being happy there have been more hints about Scott and Emma and Logan and Jean, which could be nothing or it could be something. So no - they aren't being shoved down our throats.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

i'm still waiting on writers wanting to write Jean journey. Taylor was interested and then he was take off board. There is Percy and they took away his chance to write a new romance for her, so he i slimited on that.
    Percy was entertaining the idea of a new romance?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Percy was entertaining the idea of a new romance?
    I don't know, I'm only talking that if Percy wanted to write a new romance Hickman blocked him; Percy is interesting writing romances, colossus/Domino and Black canary/green arrow are good.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Look,I don't like it either but everything points at the poly ship being the case.
    So far it seems very popular on twitter.
    Also her journey doesn't depend who is she fucking or not. That is totally interchangable.
    dumb jokes mean very little, marvel is a IP manager/farm no chance of it happening. twitter is very small niche, each popular account has like 5k followers, it has no impact on the wednesday warrior that buy the book.
    They didn't even won the poll against avengers LOL

There is nothing new to explore with Scott. But a "eat pray love" pitch with Jean getting out of her confort zone, new relationships and a new outlook on life
    Last edited by spirit2011; 04-04-2020 at 08:29 PM.

I'm sorry you don't like Cyclops and apparently Wolverine neither. But it is what is being explored, don't liking them doesn't mean it doesn't count. Many people like them, they are the biggest characters on the franchice.
    That is the people she has shown to love, everything else is out of character.

I'm sorry you don't like Cyclops and apparently Wolverine neither. But it is what is being explored, don't liking them doesn't mean it doesn't count. Many people like them, they are the biggest characters on the franchice.
    That is the people she has shown to love, everything else is out of character.
    She never loved Wolverine, at least not romantic love.

Jean having other love interests won't ever be out of character, but being chained to the same characters for 40 years won't help her

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Scott hasn't appeared in X-Force at all outside of one single splash page that didn't have any dialogue. Jean shut him down hard in Hellions. When she appears in X-Men, she's just as likely to be doing Quiet Council things as she is with Scott, or moreso (see issue two). Scott appeared in Giant-Sized because it was a huge reference to New X-Men #121, and he was only featured in it as much as he was in that original issue. Despite Scott and Jean being together and being happy there have been more hints about Scott and Emma and Logan and Jean, which could be nothing or it could be something. So no - they aren't being shoved down our throats.
    They are just winks, far away from being proper hints.

the only moment on x-force that wasn't about work, she was with Scott. the fact on x-men that she only interact with Scott isn't a coincidence.

I would like to see Jean interacting more with other people outside of x-force

She never loved Wolverine, at least not romantic love.

Jean having other love interests won't ever be out of character, but being chained to the same characters for 40 years won't help Her
    Jean has said she loves Wolverine.
    And again thats because you don't like them. To me they are no problem at all, it is actually cool, nobody but them (well maybe Rachel too) remembered her when she was dead. They prop her up and personally I'm not looking to add more people for more drama, I couldnt care less about that, Jean doesn't need or depend on anybody to be important/relevant.

They are just winks, far away from being proper hints.

the only moment on x-force that wasn't about work, she was with Scott. the fact on x-men that she only interact with Scott isn't a coincidence.
    Well yeah thats his book, of course characters as big as them will always have to interact one way or the other, regardless of their status.It is unrealistic to think they aren't going to talk alot.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-04-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Jean has said she loves Wolverine.
    And again thats because you don't like them. To me they are no problem at all, it is actually cool, nobody but them (well maybe Rachel too) remembered her when she was dead. They prop her up and personally I'm not looking to add more people for more drama, I couldnt care less about that, Jean doesn't need or depend on anybody to be important/relevant.
    Not all love is romantic, Jean love for Wolverine is purely platonic.
    I don't like Cyclops, my only problem with Wolverine is tha the show up on too many books.

Jean doesn't need anyone to elevate her and I don't believe these two helped her on anything, one thing i'm sure they helped were the sexist narratives from the last 15 years.

Well yeah thats his book, of course characters as big as them will always have to interact one way or the other, regardless of their status.It is unrealistic to think they aren't going to talk alot.
    X-men should be a team book and get more interactions between x-men. That Hickman only uses Jean with Scott, show how limited he is with the characters

Jean has said she loves Wolverine. She loves many other people but she isn't kissing them or holding hands like she does with Wolverine.
    I mention not liking them because that is something purely subjective, personal, a opinion with no objective value, other people think different.
    They sure cared more for her more than 99% percent of the marvel universe. Other than Rachel nobody else showed any effect from her abscense or death. If it were for other characters reactions one could have sweared she didn't exist.
    Again X-men is Cyclops book, Magik showed there and talked with Cyclops, doesn't mean Hickman has an agenda againts her. Same for Jean, everybody is literally a guest.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-05-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Well, the good news is even though Jean was dead for 15 years, her popularity didn't diminish. People still love her loads. And to keep that going writers do need to have Jean - centric stories.
    The poly thing doesn't work for me. None of these characters would want to share (Well, I can't speak for Scott), but pretty sure Jean and Emma are not the sharing kinds. This is just an easy and lazy way to end all shipping wars and not to have to deal with the betrayal and cheating done by Scott to Jean.

While Jean/Scott and Scott/Emma was fleshed out, Jean/Logan even if they are in a poly thing doesn't really satisfy as they were never really in a real relationship. And there is nothing being shown now either. I also did not see Jean teasing Logan anywhere.

people also hold hands and kiss friends on the face.

Liking or not a characters is very subjective, you are right.

I just think stagnation is not good for any characters, just because jean was dead doesn't mean that things have to go back as they were before.

Characters got better after getting out of their confort zone.

BANNED

people also hold hands and kiss friends on the face.

Liking or not a characters is very subjective, you are right.

I just think stagnation is not good for any characters, just because jean was dead doesn't mean that things have to go back as they were before.

Characters got better after getting out of their confort zone.
    But spirit, yelling "SCOTT!" and cat fighting his exes is all Jean Grey is about. Why on Earth would we want her to do anything else. Getting characters out of their comfort zone is boring and isn't cute.

[/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    Well, the good news is even though Jean was dead for 15 years, her popularity didn't diminish. People still love her loads. And to keep that going writers do need to have Jean - centric stories.
    The poly thing doesn't work for me. None of these characters would want to share (Well, I can't speak for Scott), but pretty sure Jean and Emma are not the sharing kinds. This is just an easy and lazy way to end all shipping wars and not to have to deal with the betrayal and cheating done by Scott to Jean.

While Jean/Scott and Scott/Emma was fleshed out, Jean/Logan even if they are in a poly thing doesn't really satisfy as they were never really in a real relationship. And there is nothing being shown now either. I also did not see Jean teasing Logan anywhere.
    All of this. The poly thing is awful. Is just having the girl run completely free that frightening? Why is the copout needed? Yeesh.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-05-2020 at 04:10 PM.

I agree with redshipper, i don't find this satisfactory but it is what is happening, people can't pretend it isn't sometimes is better to recognize things by what they are instead of what one wishes them to be
    Spirit2011 and kittypiotr<3 (discippleofredd, canthexthehex, etc.) everybody gets it you hate Cyclops. That is cool but lets not pretend is some unbiased opinion and sorry her entire character doesn't depend on sleeping with someone you like. She is great alone, with cyclops, with wolverine or any dude, she doesn't depend of that.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-05-2020 at 04:21 PM.