Page 313 of 432 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 6479

I imagine she wasn’t also at Kitty’s funeral

Quote Originally Posted by ethanrih View Post
    The only time we saw Jean in X-Books this week. She really isn’t in anything anymore. She better be getting her own storyline soon.

Attachment 99681
    Wow, so much for her being a cast member in this book. She's now reduced to cameo wallpaper and I see you had to blow that up for her to even be noticed, which I didnt

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, so much for her being a cast member in this book. She's now reduced to cameo wallpaper and I see you had to blow that up for her to even be noticed, which I didnt
    To be fair, Logan was also reduced to a minuscule cameo this week. It was a Colossus-centered issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    To be fair, Logan was also reduced to a minuscule cameo this week. It was a Colossus-centered issue.
    Percy is at least writing a whole solo centered around Logan. Jean doesnt have that. It was a Colossus centered issue but there was significant writing for Beast, Sage, Cecilia, Domino, Black Tom, Quentin, Phoebe and Xavier. I think Jean could have been better utilized
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-12-2020 at 09:49 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean just quit the team. It doesn't make sense for her to be involved with X-Force just yet even if she will almost certainly end up involved with them again.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Is it fair to say that Jean Grey/Phoenix is the most popular MARVEL superheroine?

BANNED

No... There are quite a few women who match that description equally.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-12-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Is it fair to say that Jean Grey/Phoenix is the most popular MARVEL superheroine?
    Honestly, and this is coming from a fan, I'm gonna have to say no. Jean's fanbase is definitely large, but Marvel spent the past decade neglecting her and the other x-men, which has prevented her popularity from increasing. I'd say Kamala Khan or Carol Danvers are the more popular Marvel heroines nowadays.

The neglect was mostly due to Fox. Before the Hickman phase, Jean had more spotlight. She took second place in the hero battle. Honestly, I was supposed to have solo comics ... Or at least have comics with Storm (my dream).
    In this new event(Swords of X) it will not be relevant.

Apparently Jason Aaron is doing a Phoenix storyline. Y’all think Jean will show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Apparently Jason Aaron is doing a Phoenix storyline. Y’all think Jean will show up?
    Jason Aaron has been doing Phoenix storylines for years. Jean hasnt been core to any of them and I dont expect that to change

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jason Aaron has been doing Phoenix storylines for years. Jean hasnt been core to any of them and I dont expect that to change
    This is very true. I figured this might be different since it’s apparently the main focus and a lot of those other stories took place when Marvel was actively ignoring the X-Men.

Marvel editorial constantly letting Aaron do pointless dumb **** with the Phoenix for no reason is in the top 3 things that make my blood boil about this whole company lol.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I cringed when I saw that announcement. I wish he would just leave it alone.

I feel that with the X-Men's new status quo under Hickman & Jean rejecting it(again) they need it to pop up for some big event that's not X related. Considering how "well" it was handled the last time in showed up in an Avengers related book I'm expecting it to be crap. While I was mixed on Resurrection on my first read through, revisiting it has been nice & I liked the quieter ending of Jean & it amicably parting ways.

If Marvel had a good idea they'd leave the force alone for a long time. While I hate that it at times seems to bog Jean down or lead to her death I hate to see it in non X-books or used by anyone except her. Maybe Rachel, if I'm feeling generous.