Page 217 of 432 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Some Jean insights from Mahmud Asrar

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/06/29/x-...-mahmud-asrar/
    Thanks. It'w always nice, when talented artist (or writers) share their love for Jean Grey. And Mahmud is really talented.

Jean always had an atitude, not wonder they had to kill her to give spotlight to other characters

Jean certainly retained her fiery temper in X-factor. I love X-factor Jean a lot. The X-factor run gets some criticism and it was at times quirky and also full of angst & drama but I still love it. As for Jean I liked her personality and the use of her powers. I also loved that the team felt like a family. The O5 to me feels like the X-men version of the Fantastic Four because they feel like a family unit.

I said this in another forum recently but I side eye fans who claim the 05 aren't interesting or that they do not have chemistry with each other. My fav parts of New X-men were with Jean, Scott, and Beast. My fav 90's team is the Gold team with Jean, Iceman, and Archangel (of course I love Bishop, Storm, and Colossus too).

BANNED

I chalk it up to them being the first group more than it being anything dynamic in their relationships, although I do enjoy Beast and Jean's friendship. They aren't that different from each other as a whole though just honestly. If they weren't how the series started, I doubt there would be any impetus to collect this specific cast together repeatedly.

What if Jean never died in House of X #4? I just re-read it and she confirmed the death of the other X-men to Xavier but her death was never confirmed. All we saw was the sentinel breaching her pod but unlike the other X-men, her death was not made explicit. Is it possible that Orchis captured her for intel?

Xavier only assumed she died bc his connection to her was severed but that could have simply happened bc she was attacked while trying to concentrate telepathically from space, not bc she died. I wonder if Orchis would corrupt and use her as a weapon against th X-men, especially if that Jean bonded with the PF and became Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

I said this in another forum recently but I side eye fans who claim the 05 aren't interesting or that they do not have chemistry with each other. My fav parts of New X-men were with Jean, Scott, and Beast. My fav 90's team is the Gold team with Jean, Iceman, and Archangel (of course I love Bishop, Storm, and Colossus too).
    loll that's me . I think there are interesting dynamics within, like Scott/Jean and Beast had a fun dynamic w/ pretty much everyone until the 2000s lol . I like reading them together and little callbacks to the O5 days are fun but for the most part I prefer dynamics they have w/ other characters. The problem is there's a huge magnitude of work centred around them where character wasn't prioritized and I think that taints their overall team dynamic for me ; I love me some silver age but not for its character work , and x-factor was super bland until Simonson took over (and even then there were spurts of it as it went on)

But maybe im being too hard on them bc of dated works ! Who knows how they'd be written today. I wouldn't push for an O5 book today though bc they aren't exactly a diverse group and they're all rly visible characters at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What if Jean never died in House of X #4? I just re-read it and she confirmed the death of the other X-men to Xavier but her death was never confirmed. All we saw was the sentinel breaching her pod but unlike the other X-men, her death was not made explicit. Is it possible that Orchis captured her for intel?

Xavier only assumed she died bc his connection to her was severed but that could have simply happened bc she was attacked while trying to concentrate telepathically from space, not bc she died. I wonder if Orchis would corrupt and use her as a weapon against th X-men, especially if that Jean bonded with the PF and became Dark Phoenix
    def plausible ! it would be pretty cool if Hickman was building a team of "clones"...Vulcan, potentially Jean, maybe others to come ? With these two alone its already stacked lol
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 07-03-2020 at 03:03 PM.

BANNED

I don't think we need to be repeating any classic team combinations, for the most part. Force these writers to not just break their crutches and smash their sacred cows, but freaking utterly disintegrate them and do something new.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't think we need to be repeating any classic team combinations, for the most part. Force these writers to not just break their crutches and smash their sacred cows, but freaking utterly disintegrate them and do something new.
    We just ended an era that was defined by repeating a classic team combination. Both X-Men Blue and Gold were defined by the fact that they have classic teams or assortments of classic characters, that was their mission statement, we don't need to revisit that any time soon.

That said I'd like to see characters with classic relationships interact a little more even on a casual basis. The stuff going on in Giant-Sized Jean/Emma and Storm at least has been great, and I'd like to see Jean interacting with Bobby and Warren more since her relationship with Hank is clearly on the outs at the moment. I'd love to SEE an O5 reunion, but not as an ongoing team.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    loll that's me . I think there are interesting dynamics within, like Scott/Jean and Beast had a fun dynamic w/ pretty much everyone until the 2000s lol . I like reading them together and little callbacks to the O5 days are fun but for the most part I prefer dynamics they have w/ other characters. The problem is there's a huge magnitude of work centred around them where character wasn't prioritized and I think that taints their overall team dynamic for me ; I love me some silver age but not for its character work , and x-factor was super bland until Simonson took over (and even then there were spurts of it as it went on)

But maybe im being too hard on them bc of dated works ! Who knows how they'd be written today. I wouldn't push for an O5 book today though bc they aren't exactly a diverse group and they're all rly visible characters at this point

def plausible ! it would be pretty cool if Hickman was building a team of "clones"...Vulcan, potentially Jean, maybe others to come ? With these two alone its already stacked lol
    If I'm not mistaken Louis Simonson started on X-factor issue 6. Bob Layton only wrote the first 5 issues, which I know a lot of folks say they weren't so good but I still enjoy them. My bias for the 05 is strong, but I freely admit it.

I don't expect the 05 to ever become a group like they were in X-factor but yet if they did I would so buy a 05 book (the teen 05 brought me back to reading X-men comics after a long break).

I do love this group but I also like their connections to others. I love Beast's friendship with Emma, The Angel and Betsy stuff, etc. Though sometimes I do wonder what would have happened with the 05 if they didn't rejoin the X-men in the early 90s but stayed separate.

I admit I do wonder about this.. what if Jean somehow survived but I think that would add an element of convolution to Jean but Jean has existed - at least in part, in multiple versions before. Eventually they will tell a story of a duplication (possibly in X-factor) and it will be interesting to see the ramifications.. do both exist or will one need to be destroyed, will they merge minds, which is considered the "real' one, etc.

I don't know if it's good or bad '' that jean '' to be alive. Rereading it ... she looks so weak, scared and dependent

BANNED

Isn't X-Force suppose to release next week?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I admit I do wonder about this.. what if Jean somehow survived but I think that would add an element of convolution to Jean but Jean has existed - at least in part, in multiple versions before. Eventually they will tell a story of a duplication (possibly in X-factor) and it will be interesting to see the ramifications.. do both exist or will one need to be destroyed, will they merge minds, which is considered the "real' one, etc.
    The Summers' House adds a new room between Cyclops and Wolverine.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 07-04-2020 at 04:00 AM.

I really, really love your idea of Jean being alive after the sentinels attack and bonding again with the PF. Actually, maybe Jean died in space (and that's why Xavier resurrected her) but she was resurrected by the PF. As always.

It would be so cool. But I don't think it's something Hickman would do.
    Last edited by franckd; 07-04-2020 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Isn't X-Force suppose to release next week?
    yep. starvation postponed