Page 253 of 432 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    He wrote the origin story that led to that.
    Not she is right, CC actually fix the mess from that anniversary issue.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That story continued with him on Avengers Annual #11. He surely had an influence on that.
    Good that you were one of the editors ot know that

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Fair enought. Was is hard for you to look past Xavier's behavior, when he confessed in his thoughts to be in love with a teenage Jean Grey?

Also, the image finally showed, honestly it looks more like he is holding her arm, but it's probably an artist mistake. Once again fair point there. I stand for the rest of what i said thougth.
    Xavier is a a-hole, but he never acted on his thoughts and forgot about it. Logan on other side was having sexual fantasies. One was written 10 yeara ago and the other 60 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i'm not a he, I'm a she and said it many times.

I disliked CC for that, but he did a lot more than that. Even him got over that, he could had made them a couple when Cyclops was considered dead and he didn't.
    Then sorry for my mistake.

Understood then, but we also saw that Percy has written as more than just Logan love interest and has more going for her too than that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Then sorry for my mistake.

Understood then, but we also saw that Percy has written as more than just Logan love interest and has more going for her too than that.
    it isn't enough, we are in 2020 for him write crappy romance. He is fairly young compared to Claremont, he should know better
    And Tom Taylor had a lot more going for Jean than Percy ever has

h
    21st century doesn't involve hook up with the guy who sexually harassed you,.
    Again, like it or not, in context of the time the book was written, it was not considered like sexual harassment. So unless you want to rewrite history, you will have to deal with that. Or you can ask for many historic movies, series, books, plays, to be erased and destroyed, because they don't fit to your 21st century standards.

Extraordinary Member

Fair enought. Was is hard for you to look past Xavier's behavior, when he confessed in his thoughts to be in love with a teenage Jean Grey?

Also, the image finally showed, honestly it looks more like he is holding her arm, but it's probably an artist mistake. Once again fair point there. I stand for the rest of what i said thougth.
    Man. It’s a good thing Xavier wasn’t around when Teen Jeen was.
    Jeen was taken from a point in time, AFTER Xavier thought that.

BANNED

Good that you were one of the editors ot know that
    Like you are 100% surre towards Claremont have zero to do with this even though it was Claremont written all over the face except for that particular issue. Editors will be lucky to have you.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Again, like it or not, in context of the time the book was written, it was not considered like sexual harassment. So unless you want to rewrite history, you will have to deal with that. Or you can ask for many historic movies, series, books, plays, to be erased and destroyed, because they don't fit to your 21st century standards.
    they all have a warning now. The context of when they were written was sexual assault, people just used to gloss over.
    Now we can't gloss over, look how comics are bad dealing with it. Condone it with a romance is awful for everyone

Like you are 100% surre towards Claremont have zero to do with this even though it was Claremont written all over the face except for that particular issue. Editors will be lucky to have you.
    he didn't wrote it.

sure only me is biased but shippers don't see a problem with Jogan
    You claiming that you know what CC was thinking, or knowing why he would do that or not, is pure fiction. It's not facts.

All-New Member

they all have a warning now. The context of when they were written was sexual assault, people just used to gloss over.
    Now we can't gloss over, look how comics are bad dealing with it. Condone it with a romance is awful for everyone

he didn't wrote it.
    it was not written to be sexual assault, but to make Wolverine an irresistible temptation for Jeannie, of course, you only deny it because you obviously don't like Logan and prefer Summers.

this is clear, because Logan can feel people's feelings through his mutation with smell and then he will take satisfaction from Jean, on the next page she admits that if she stays close to Logan she will not resist and end up staying with him and cheating on Scott.

Maybe 22nd Century will consider that an unwanted smile to a woman is sexual harassment too. Who knows what the future will give us. And we'll say that we were glossing over those pervert smiles, all this time... Maybe the future will also consider that bare shoulder is a visual harassment. Or mini skirt... You know. To each time it's morality. You know, in some countries mini skirts are considered like a crime... So a smile considered like harassement is not out of the possibilities, one day...

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Maybe 22nd Century will consider that an unwanted smile to a woman is sexual harassment too. Who knows what the future will give us. And we'll say that we were glossing over those pervert smiles...
    now you are being disrespectiful. people know very well what was sexual assault

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Claws View Post
    it was not written to be sexual assault, but to make Wolverine an irresistible temptation for Jeannie, of course, you only deny it because you obviously don't like Logan and prefer Summers.

this is clear, because Logan can feel people's feelings through his mutation with smell and then he will take satisfaction from Jean, on the next page she admits that if she stays close to Logan she will not resist and end up staying with him and cheating on Scott.
    I doubt it wasn' written to be like that, if it wasn't written like tht it would be considered consensual and completely fine.
    people gonna say that Marcus and Carol wasn't written to be like rape, but it totally was rape.

All-New Member

the most ridiculous thing is that of course it was not written to be sexual abuse, Wolverine at the time was the bad boy cliché of television series, comics, films and books .... that always pressed the Puritan protagonist and reveal his feelings .. .

this is totally wrong, but in the context of the time it was normal, so much so that at Morrison's Run, Jean decides to cheat on Scott with Logan and Logan refuses to do that, we see a totally different approach.

BANNED

he didn't wrote it.
    When someone like you WHO actually believes that AvX didn't do bad to X-Men then I guess you win lol

now you are being disrespectiful. people know very well what was sexual assault
    Don't rewrite history dear. A woman giving a unexpected or unwanted kiss to a man in the 70's was not seen as sexual harassment for the majority of people. What about a man?