Page 384 of 432 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Saturnyne as Omniversal Majestrix has destroyed dimensions to protect the Integrity of the Omniverse. No mutant telepath is doing anything against all that. Jean would heed to be Phoenix to get anywhere with that. This current Marvel Girl got killed by lame sentinels at the beginning of Hickman’s run. No way can she deal with a being like Saturnyne.
    I mean you're right about this and the fact that something similar happened to her long time ago ugh

People say this current jean and the x-men red one are the same but i can't see that Jean dying because of some ass sentinels, she could just blow up them with tk and then fly away

BANNED

Outside of X-Force, Jean is literally just Cyclops' telephone.

When she's done in X-Force it's gonna be a bad time for the more Jean-focused fans. We best hold on to memories of the good times lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Almost all comic authors are men and still… there are strong women depicted in the comics. This thing has changed a lot along the years.

For me, Hickman’s writing is reactionary.
    Hickman writes for the plot, sometimes he get lucky that plots and personality allign. I think his best work was FF because personality had a lot to do with plot.
    On X-men lots of inconsistencies all around the line, not all his faut but is inder his nose as Head of X

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I mean you're right about this and the fact that something similar happened to her long time ago ugh

People say this current jean and the x-men red one are the same but i can't see that Jean dying because of some ass sentinels, she could just blow up them with tk and then fly away
    Sentinels always undergo modifications. At least in this comics she fought, and in the previous comic she says that these sentinels are different. In Hickman's, she's just scared and does nothing.
    Honestly, she doesn't stand a chance against Saturyne. With a snap she does everything. But I would think it was cool to get the telepaths together to try to take her down and Jean was the main one.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Sentinels always undergo modifications. At least in this comics she fought, and in the previous comic she says that these sentinels are different. In Hickman's, she's just scared and does nothing.
    Honestly, she doesn't stand a chance against Saturyne. With a snap she does everything. But I would think it was cool to get the telepaths together to try to take her down and Jean was the main one.
    It was mentioend earlier that she was assembling a team of telepaths to breach Otherworld. I hope there is payoff to that tomorrow

I wish Jean, Xavier, Emma and Rachel could teamup, they're my top tier telepaths the rest a fodder

The Stepford Cuckoos or Rachel? humm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was mentioend earlier that she was assembling a team of telepaths to breach Otherworld. I hope there is payoff to that tomorrow
    Saturnyne could snap her fingers and kill them or banish them to another dimension. You don’t win major battles against cosmic brings or mystical forces with telepathy. You just don’t.

Jean is not going to be the hero of X of Swords. Nor will Xavier or Emma or the Cuckoos

BANNED

Lower your expectations for Jean for the foreseeable future. What's done with her character will be primarily about Cyclops and probably Cable too pretty often and not so much about anything she herself is doing, going forward. Enjoy the rest of her time in X-Force.

...I read spoilers.

Let's just say... Hickman must enjoy getting flak from us at this point, if he's not coming up with something........

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...I read spoilers.

Let's just say... Hickman must enjoy getting flak from us at this point, if he's not coming up with something........

what can we expect?

...I read spoilers.

Let me guess

*She appeared in the background on a panel.

*She was killed

*She was defeated by someone very easily

*She was there doing nothing like we expected

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Let me guess

*She appeared in the background on a panel.

*She was killed

*She was defeated by someone very easily

*She was there doing nothing like we expected

None of those, though I guess the latter one might be true?

Like I said I only read spoilers. So I can't say anything about her overall portrayal. But if it's true and they're not missing anything, something that's gonna upset people happened.

...I read spoilers.

that's what I mean. Hickman can't handle legitimate criticism. Because he is sooooo progressive! How dare anybody criticize his character portrayal?! Now Jean will suffer as a character because "the internet" dared to criticize this writer (with the big inflated cis-masculine ego). Really not suprised here!

Don't expect anything going forward for Jean in Hickman's book. Maybe there was a different plan for her but a hurt ego will result in the character vanishing into the background.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-25-2020 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    that's what I mean. Hickman can't handle legitimate criticism. Because he is sooooo progressive! How dare anybody criticize his character portrayal?! Now Jean will suffer as a character because "the internet" dared to criticize this writer (with the big inflated cis-masculine ego). Really not suprised here!

Don't expect anything going forward for Jean in Hickman's book. Maybe there was a different plan for her but a hurt ego will result in the character vanishing into the background.
    I think this is unfair and a bit premature, I read the spoilers and we still don't know where this is going in the long run, I see potential for some interesting stuff.
    Last edited by Daedra; 11-25-2020 at 03:38 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”