Page 67 of 432 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 6479

Jean has to be a popular character. look at the Jean Grey appreciation thread, it surpasses all the others by a huge margin. Strange that the writers don't seem to make her a priority. People love Jean Grey. Even Logan and Scott aren't at par with Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Weird, why do you think that? Taylor seemed to like her
    I think he likes Jean, just that she isn't his favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean, Percy's writing of her has been good so far, but I think it's also clear that she's not really his priority or favorite character on X-Force. Unfortunately I don't think there's any writer that really cares about Jean right now...
    He doesn't need to be a mega fan, he just needs to write her well. Which he does. Dauterman will bring the Jean stan energy

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    He doesn't need to be a mega fan, he just needs to write her well. Which he does. Dauterman will bring the Jean stan energy

A definitive Jean Grey image

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I am wondering if Percy will do anything akin to what he's done with Domino, on Jean. Neena's got a big focus these past couple of issues, and it seems Colossus will be getting one soon. Jean reviving Xavier could've been hers, but it happened rather quickly, even though I understand them not wanting to drag that out. Percy's done a wonderful job thus far, and I think he does a good job with her voice, and perspective, but it'd be nice if she gets something that allows us to dig a little deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jean doesn't get much opportunity to show the feistiness that the teen version did because the story leaders aren't interested in that. Teen or not, she was going to get demoted in presence and power regardless. Part of that is because Teen Jean was at the center of a narrative, whereas regular Jean is a side-character.
    Well one thing it would help avoid would be the fear that some has that she would just be “Scott’s girlfriend”- due to the age difference.

This wouldn’t guarantee she’d be different in other ways but at least it would eliminate that. Personally I think it would be more interesting.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Jean and Beast are gonna have beef before X-Force is over.

Yes, I want Jean to known for something other than her personal relationships. I wish she would just be single already.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Well one thing it would help avoid would be the fear that some has that she would just be “Scott’s girlfriend”- due to the age difference.

This wouldn’t guarantee she’d be different in other ways but at least it would eliminate that. Personally I think it would be more interesting.
    Well all teen O5 was send home because Hickman wanted the writers to clean th eline for him arrive.

It is so single for Jean not be Scott's GF, just not write it. So easy to figure out and Marvel still do it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I am wondering if Percy will do anything akin to what he's done with Domino, on Jean. Neena's got a big focus these past couple of issues, and it seems Colossus will be getting one soon. Jean reviving Xavier could've been hers, but it happened rather quickly, even though I understand them not wanting to drag that out. Percy's done a wonderful job thus far, and I think he does a good job with her voice, and perspective, but it'd be nice if she gets something that allows us to dig a little deeper.
    We already got some insight from Jean about dead, that was nice.

I think that Jean getting more focus will come out later on x-force run

I'm reminded about an early interview where Percy said a character would be so upset about what they do in X-force that they will quit and walk away. That is not an exact quote, but I wonder if Jean or Colossus will end up staying in X-force. Both have strong moral centers so I could see one of them quitting. I could see Jean transitioning to another book, but who knows she might stay for a while.

It is nice having Jean in a book like X-force but I still want her doing something more positive and inspirational with the new mutant nation.

Speaking of lack of Jean in this new era, at least she is around unlike Archangel which has had very little to do. Since HOX he has become a background character literally (just makes random cameos in the background of scenes). I know this will change since he will be making an appearance in Hellions and what was the other? The Empyre tie in?

I wish in the X-men book Scott would send the 05 on a mission or perhaps the original blue or gold teams. I do miss the 05 working together. They are kind of the X-men version of the FF (especially the X-factor years).

I have to say X-Force has been fairly balanced. No character has stepped forward as the lead and Percy has done well to balance them. Beast and Logan dont really feel like the leaders despite being pitched as so.. Im glad Jean is able to have a voice

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    Jean has to be a popular character. look at the Jean Grey appreciation thread, it surpasses all the others by a huge margin. Strange that the writers don't seem to make her a priority. People love Jean Grey. Even Logan and Scott aren't at par with Jean.
    Which is the oddest thing, Jean obviously has a very devoted fan base but I can't think of a time when Marvel really capitalized on it. Bendis and Jeen is the closest thing but she rarely gets that consistent focus in the way some of her peers does even with a huge fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    Logan has the biggest fanbase, not on this forum tho. On here Cyclops is by far the most popular character even though his appreciation thread is kinda dead lately.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Logan has the biggest fanbase, not on this forum tho. On here Cyclops is by far the most popular character even though his appreciation thread is kinda dead lately.
    Wolverine no doubt is th ebiggest, you can't just tell by going on twitter or here. It's funny how there is so many bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Which is the oddest thing, Jean obviously has a very devoted fan base but I can't think of a time when Marvel really capitalized on it. Bendis and Jeen is the closest thing but she rarely gets that consistent focus in the way some of her peers does even with a huge fan base.
    Marvel kinda of made a joke of Jean fans for many years, specially Fraction that was doing poor sales on uncanny.
    Bendis run could have been a lot better if he didn't used filler O5 characters. Too bad Marvel was on filler mode for x-men for almost a decade
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-03-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Jean is popular because she’s well known because of the cartoons, movies, and video games. I’d say some creators do not find her as interesting as we do. I blame the 90’s cartoon for giving folks the impression that she’s not interesting or powerful. Jean was a complex character in X-factor and still had her fiery temper but she was subdued in early 90’s and portrayed more level headed and mature. She became a mom type character.

I recall Jeff Parker from x-men first class book saying his big challenge was making Jean interesting. I think all the retcons also hurt the character-constantly taking her most important stories away from her (though the retcon has been weakened it still gets brought up every now and again).

Look at old issues of X-factor to see fans writing in hating on Jean because of the Maddie fiasco.

Jean’s major themes are her expanding powers, the Phoenix, and her relationship to Scott and Logan to a lesser extent. My theory is that Jean had so much recent focus and current creatives like that she’s back, but they are more interested in other characters right now. Betsy is getting a push, as well as Scott, Apocalypse, Xavier, etc.

At least Jean is around and makes frequent appearances however some are small.