Page 110 of 432 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 6479
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    My X-men Red cosplay is coming along nicely. Here’s a look at my breastplate.

Attachment 94988

I didn’t necessarily *love* the armor look for jean, but for a cosplay I think it’s making it a lot more fun.
    This is looking great!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Most defintely Dautermann and to a lesser extent Morrison as that issue was a direct homage to a previous piece of work

Jean communicating with Earth from space was the biggest TP feat in the current era
    You mean during the House of X? Remember, the communication went both ways, Charles was super amplified with all the tech, the cuckoos, storm (not sure if storm is more for visuals), so not sure how the split is on that. I have yet to get details on how much distance did Jean cover.

I did like the fact that Jean did a lot of heavy lifting in the Giant Size.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm hesitant to give Dautermann most of the credit for Jean's cool showing in Giant Size and not Hickman. Hickman clearly likes Morrison's X-work and is building on a lot of it, and the original silent issue was great for Jean.

I think both writer and artist were on the same page on this one. I do wish her Jim Lee costume from that issue would make it over to the other books though vs. the Marvel Girl costume.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm hesitant to give Dautermann most of the credit for Jean's cool showing in Giant Size and not Hickman. Hickman clearly likes Morrison's X-work and is building on a lot of it, and the original silent issue was great for Jean.

I think both writer and artist were on the same page on this one. I do wish her Jim Lee costume from that issue would make it over to the other books though vs. the Marvel Girl costume.
    That wasn't the Jim Lee costume that she was wearing. It was her X-Men Red costume.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So beautiful! Jean enjoying her Phoenix Powers!
    I know it's an absolute impossibility but...It would a glorious thing to have Ivan Reis illustrate an X-book.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    You mean during the House of X? Remember, the communication went both ways, Charles was super amplified with all the tech, the cuckoos, storm (not sure if storm is more for visuals), so not sure how the split is on that. I have yet to get details on how much distance did Jean cover.

I still feel that Jean was doing most of the heavy lifting. Honestly, I'm not sure what Xavier and company were really achieving. Wasn't it revealed that Xavier didn't get copies of those who died on the space mission? If he was wearing Cerebro, he should have been able to, but didn't (I believe it was too far out of range). Which is why I think Jean was just using him as an anchor because he's a fellow telepath, and its easier to link up with his mind. The details are a bit ambiguous though.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 03-29-2020 at 06:47 PM.

It was unclear how big was the feat...it also seemed not essential for the mission

Well, has any of the Omega under Hix really had any wow feats? I have not seen any, so at the moment, you can't really tell which ones are Alpha and which ones are Omega.
    you are right, it has been very light on feats
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-29-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Storm was just visuals. The communication was a two way street. Xavier needed alot of help in order to connect to Jean. She was able to maintain the connection on her end all on her own. She was injured and she was feeling her teammate die around her, yet she did not falter until she died herself. It was pretty impressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I still feel that Jean was doing most of the heavy lifting. Honestly, I'm not sure what Xavier and company were really achieving. Wasn't it revealed that Xavier didn't get copies of those who died on the space mission? If he was wearing Cerebro, he should have been able to, but didn't (I believe it was too far out of range). Which is why I think Jean was just using him as an anchor because he's a fellow telepath, and its easier to link up with his mind. The details are a bit ambiguous though.
    thats what I thought which is why I was puzzled when it was revealed that he didnt get any of their memories from Jean. I think all she did was confirm that they were dead so that they could proceed with the resurrections

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was unclear how big was the feat...it also seemed not essential for the mission
    It actually was essential so Xavier and co could know if the mission succeeded and so they could confirm who died so they could avoid duplication during resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It actually was essential so Xavier and co could know if the mission succeeded and so they could confirm who died so they could avoid duplication during resurrection.
    That was such a crapshoot though. How convenient that Jean just happened to be the last person that died. She could have easily been killed alongside Husk and Angel in that first blast thus making her inclusion pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was such a crapshoot though. How convenient that Jean just happened to be the last person that died. She could have easily been killed alongside Husk and Angel in that first blast thus making her inclusion pointless
    I mean that's just the risk they had to take, and makes the mission more tense and dangerous.

Jean was having Monet to help her, later seems like Jean got it all on her own.

BANNED

So I wonder when does Jean Grey have to face the Goblin Queen?

BANNED

See he was saving the best for last.

Also, only one free thigh?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    So I wonder when does Jean Grey have to face the Goblin Queen?
    God I hope not. I dont want to see any of that repetitive crap if the "repetitive" stuff that is actually cool (Phoenix) is off limits. Maddie and Jott should both go away.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-30-2020 at 04:29 PM.