Page 49 of 432 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    This!

Finally we have Jean without the Phoenix, i know she's iconic with it and the most famous host but when she's one with Phoenix it feels like she can't be used normally, she will be too op, i want more of the Omega Jean with her Telepathy and telekinesis,. Fighting Cassandra Nova was a very good story, Nova couldn't break her defenses and Jean was just fighting in a defensive way.
    Finally? I feel like a broken record but we have seen Jean without the Phoenix many times and each time lasted many years. This is nothing new. I don't know why we act like it is a new thing. Naturally Jean existed before Claremont turned her into the Phoenix. Jean was sans Phoenix during X-factor which was like 1986-1991 and Jean didn't even get the Phoenix codename until 1994. She was still without the Phoenix force proper during the entire 90's. Jean became fully Phoenix in Morrison's run in the early 2000s (at the end of his run as most of his run she was just channeling it). Jean didn't have the Phoenix when she appeared as Teen Jean (she was what Teen Jean about 8 years our time?) She didn't have it during X-men Red. Jean without the Phoenix has been done. We know what the character is capable of without the Phoenix because we have literally decades of story showing us what she can do.

I do concede and agree that writers got way carried away with the Phoenix and it might be too outlandish and OP (however Jean is an omega mutant so she's OP by definition - at least her telepathy could be).

I liked how Jean was defined in Morrison's run as a grown up omega mutant. She had the power and potential there and still had flare ups of the Phoenix. It was the best version of Jean (in my opinion), and as much as I love X-men Red, to me Morrison's Jean is still the best by far. She had the best of both worlds (omega level mutant psychic and she had her phoenix connection).

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I feel that, even in Jean's tenures without the Phoenix, writers were always heading in a direction that reintroduced it. So a lot of times the things that Jean did are often brushed off because the Phoenix was hinted at via imagery, or was actually going to reconnect with her eventually. I don't think that was so much the case in X-Factor, but in the mid to late 90s, Phoenix was referenced a lot, and Morrison went all the way with her becoming a host again. So I do think its nice to see Jean just operating as herself thus far, and everything is coming from her own natural power. She's had some impressive moments so far, and I hope we'll see more as time goes on. Hopefully Giant Size really highlights why Jean is considered an omega telepath.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/jean-...y-res-2007150/

I wanted to link to the respect thread on comic vine. The posters who put it together did a great job of showcasing all of Jean's major feats. I think it does a good job showing that Jean has plenty of powerful and useful feats without the Phoenix (of course some of her Phoenix feats are featured as well).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Finally? I feel like a broken record but we have seen Jean without the Phoenix many times and each time lasted many years. This is nothing new. I don't know why we act like it is a new thing. Naturally Jean existed before Claremont turned her into the Phoenix. Jean was sans Phoenix during X-factor which was like 1986-1991 and Jean didn't even get the Phoenix codename until 1994. She was still without the Phoenix force proper during the entire 90's. Jean became fully Phoenix in Morrison's run in the early 2000s (at the end of his run as most of his run she was just channeling it). Jean didn't have the Phoenix when she appeared as Teen Jean (she was what Teen Jean about 8 years our time?) She didn't have it during X-men Red. Jean without the Phoenix has been done. We know what the character is capable of without the Phoenix because we have literally decades of story showing us what she can do.

I do concede and agree that writers got way carried away with the Phoenix and it might be too outlandish and OP (however Jean is an omega mutant so she's OP by definition - at least her telepathy could be).

I liked how Jean was defined in Morrison's run as a grown up omega mutant. She had the power and potential there and still had flare ups of the Phoenix. It was the best version of Jean (in my opinion), and as much as I love X-men Red, to me Morrison's Jean is still the best by far. She had the best of both worlds (omega level mutant psychic and she had her phoenix connection).
    Hickman’s run seems to draw inspiration from Morrison’s run in so many ways. Mutants having their own society, and not subjugating themselves to human rules for starters.

Morrison also seemingly started out with Jean as plain Jean, until the U-Men attack trigger the Phoenix flare out

Jean died early in Hickman’s fun but was brought back. Her third time hatching out of an egg.

Now Jean and Emma have to do another psychic rescue mission. Like they did in the Morrison run.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Hickman’s run seems to draw inspiration from Morrison’s run in so many ways. Mutants having their own society, and not subjugating themselves to human rules for starters.

Morrison also seemingly started out with Jean as plain Jean, until the U-Men attack trigger the Phoenix flare out

Jean died early in Hickman’s fun but was brought back. Her third time hatching out of an egg.

Now Jean and Emma have to do another psychic rescue mission. Like they did in the Morrison run.
    Yeah, I really liked that issue with Jean and Emma. Even without words, it worked great. In this new mission, I wonder what they will say to each other?

What is everyone actually hoping for from the GSX: Jean and Emma issue?

I personally want some of the issue to cover their feelings towards each other now and the new dynamics with Scott and the pair of them and explore that a bit more but I’m worried that this won’t actually be a topic and the mission will solely focus on saving Storm. What do you think the chances are?

BANNED

I really don't care to have Jean Grey's character and motivations revolving around Cyclops. That's been done to literal misogynistic death already. I'm going to buy it because Jean is in it, but were it up to me, this Jean and Emma issue wouldn't even be happening.

I'd love to see Jean with a new rivalry based on something besides a tired ship with the author avatar.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 02-22-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Red set up Nova as Jean's new rival perfectly. I hope Nova is the villian in GSX and that she continues to be a thorn in Jean's side for years to come. She's a worthy nemesis that could be Jean's own version of the Shadow King, much like he is to Xavier

I hope it's not Nova only because it would mean Jean's plan at the end of Red failed, and too soon at that.

If it's the Shadow King, I would love to see how Jean takes him on since last time she never got to engage him directly

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I hope it's not Nova only because it would mean Jean's plan at the end of Red failed, and too soon at that.

If it's the Shadow King, I would love to see how Jean takes him on since last time she never got to engage him directly
    Cassandra was captured and then it was with US government care. It doesn't mean Jean's plans failed. Cassandra probably got messed up and returned to old programation on ONE facility

preview doesn't give a clue about it
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-22-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I really don't care to have Jean Grey's character and motivations revolving around Cyclops. That's been done to literal misogynistic death already. I'm going to buy it because Jean is in it, but were it up to me, this Jean and Emma issue wouldn't even be happening.

I'd love to see Jean with a new rivalry based on something besides a tired ship with the author avatar.
    I mean, I don’t particularly want her tied down with Scott either but I still feel like we’ve been made to accept a lot of stuff that’s happened off-page. I’m just wondering what Emma and Jean are actually going to have to say to each other. I really can’t buy into someone letting bygones be bygone with the person who had an affair with their ex-husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

No, what Jean did wasnt a failure. You have to remember that its been months since that happened and Age of X-man happened. What Jean did was never going to be permanent and theres been enough time and alot thats happened to the world, where I can see it wearing off

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBishop94 View Post
    I mean, I don’t particularly want her tied down with Scott either but I still feel like we’ve been made to accept a lot of stuff that’s happened off-page. I’m just wondering what Emma and Jean are actually going to have to say to each other. I really can’t buy into someone letting bygones be bygone with the person who had an affair with their ex-husband.
    Yeah, that's a big criticism of characterization in general in recent times, but don't say that too loud or people will get upset. According to many on the board, Jean and Emma should practically be wearing each others bras, despite their characters and shared history.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yeah, that's a big criticism of characterization in general in recent times, but don't say that too loud or people will get upset. According to many on the board, Jean and Emma should practically be wearing each others bras, despite their characters and shared history.
    You are right, there is a lack of confrontation between Jean/Scott, Emma/Jean. But whatevs because Hickman is writing so important things can be set aside.

It wouldn't be a big problem if Hickman didn't pair Scott with Jean and made Emma/Jean very good co-workers taking drinks together MEEEH

I don't trust any fan that is a fanboy of Emma to handle Emma/jean confrontation. They don't have the guts to have bad things throw on Emma.
    That is why Hickman skipping it all.

For a chaarcter deathfor so much time it really sucks not being treated as a character and just a prop

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Hickman and Marvel don't care about any of these characters story. They are just making the poly thing/jean and emma being best friends even if it doesn't make sense