Page 134 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    What I loved about the original story is that the Phoenix was Jean’s own ultimate potential as a psi. That got lost with the retcon, even though Claremont did everything he could to salvage things by stating that the Phoenix had Jean’s soul. I especially love the backup story in Classic X-Men 8, he did his best to salvage the mess that was the retcon.
    I agree. Classic 8, 42, and 43 backstories are essential readings for Jean. Thank you, John for the scans. Some folks may be reading those for the first time. I too would prefer the Phoenix as Jean's ultimate potential as a psionic, but since the Phoenix has been turned into a mess, at least Claremont did weaken the retcon with his backstories (and Inferno) and in current continuity Jean is an omega level telepath. So I feel like the character gained some of what was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Is this Jean Grey’s new animated costume? It was taken from a poll Marvel had posted on its FB page
    I was thinking the same thing. This costume appears to be the same one Jean was wearing on the new icons on Disney plus. It looks good though I kind of prefer Jean in yellow/green now.

What do you think about it?

Is this Jean Grey’s new animated costume? It was taken from a poll Marvel had posted on its FB page
    What was the poll?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Teen Jean vs the Thing!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. This costume appears to be the same one Jean was wearing on the new icons on Disney plus. It looks good though I kind of prefer Jean in yellow/green now.

What do you think about it?
    I like it, even if I also prefer Jean wearing green and yellow. The pink on the forehead diamond to show her powers is a nice touch, and if this leads to us getting a new animated series - even a modernized TAS - I'm excited at the idea.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

look at 32% of voters LOOL

I guess this is like, the promotional look for kids merchandise and stuff. Most characters have a redesign like this.

BANNED

I'm not the hugest fan of this new costume, but as long as whatever media this is used in doesn't play to the TAS/Hickman opinion of the character, it'll probably grow on me after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess this is like, the promotional look for kids merchandise and stuff. Most characters have a redesign like this.
    Yes, and it will be good to see the design on merchandise. It reminds me of a Cyclops redesign that we would see on posters (back when the X-men would appear on Marvel posters with the rest of the Marvel characters) several years back.

This Jean redesign also reminds of the X-men costumes shown at the end of the movie, X-men Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by havok83 View Post

Love this!!!
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 04-18-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Taking another trip down memory lane. One of my favorite Jean moments. Also from Uncanny X-Men 125.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Taking another trip down memory lane. One of my favorite Jean moments. Also from Uncanny X-Men 125.

Yes, interesting and fun with Lorna.

It also shows (behind the scenes) mental tampering of Mastermind--making Jean's mind wander.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

wow, i found this on tumblr, remind me of the cover enter the phoenix, this is so cool, i cant find the name of the painting and the year, but i know that artist made other marvel work.

we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    wow, i found this on tumblr, remind me of the cover enter the phoenix, this is so cool, i cant find the name of the painting and the year, but i know that artist made other marvel work.

Ah, this lovely piece was painted by Boris Vallejo. i first ran across it as the cover illustration (and interior piece) of a "Mirage," a collection of his paintings accompanied by poetry by his wife Doris, published in 1982. My favorite era of his work.

Here is a link to someone paging thru the book (a later edition with a different cover). The relevant image appears @ about 52 seconds in.
    Warning: NSFW -- it's mostly erotic art -- so a bit of nudity.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9de9fn5Q0sE