Page 338 of 432 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    You mean you didn't like this "amazing" design for her!?

What about when they redesigned it and made it worse?

Between the terrible costume design and the character portrayal, 90's TAS Jean never had a chance.
    Lol poor Jean. I don't think the re-design made it worse. That last animation studio was just so much worse than the original (that was already pretty sloppy).

Jean had her really bad moments... my god, the tripping on the power cord! But she also had good moments showing authority and grace. In "A Rogue's Tale" they were always deferring to her and she was the one that scolded Rogue when she started throwing furniture. And I always loved when she put Scott in his place in the first episode of The Phoenix Saga!

Amazing Member

Hey y'all I have been away from the comics for a few years lol
    Can anyone update me on Jean's current relationship with Scott and Logan ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanandscott View Post
    Hey y'all I have been away from the comics for a few years lol
    Can anyone update me on Jean's current relationship with Scott and Logan ?
    They all live together. Jean and Scott appear to have an unconventional marriage and she's sleeping with Logan. Marvel hasnt really been too concrete on their status but there are enough context clues to at least gather that much. Scott might be having sex with Emma too but that was less explicit than Jean and Logan All parties are aware of whats going on so there's no secrets or cheating

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think hers is the best primarily bc her original was so terrible. I liked the costume in the books but TAS made it ugly. The colors and that ponytail worked against her
    Yeah, TAS had the bar pretty low. I never like the ponytail with this costume, but their version somehow got worse when they got rid of it lol. As Peanutsinspace pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Lol poor Jean. I don't think the re-design made it worse. That last animation studio was just so much worse than the original (that was already pretty sloppy).

Jean had her really bad moments... my god, the tripping on the power cord! But she also had good moments showing authority and grace. In "A Rogue's Tale" they were always deferring to her and she was the one that scolded Rogue when she started throwing furniture. And I always loved when she put Scott in his place in the first episode of The Phoenix Saga!
    Occasionally, they would fall backwards into something that wasn't as offensive as usual. Along with your examples, Jean did hold her own when she and Cyclops were kidnapped by the Morlocks. But the rest was typically so horrible that it outdid what little good they attempted.

I originally fell for Jean in X-men TAS (my gateway to the comics), and I still have a fondness for TAS even though it is Jean's worst portrayal. She was used fairly well in several episodes. Her best being Captive Hearts, but she was useful in Unstoppable Juggernaut, X-ternally Yours, A Rogue's Tale, Mojovision, and Reunion Part II. These are some of my fav episodes (other than the Phoenix Sagas).

My favorite cartoon version of Jean is X-men Evolution. My fav episodes for Evolution are Power Surge, Mindbender, Blind Alley, and Under Lock and Key.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I originally fell for Jean in X-men TAS (my gateway to the comics), and I still have a fondness for TAS even though it is Jean's worst portrayal. She was used fairly well in several episodes. Her best being Captive Hearts, but she was useful in Unstoppable Juggernaut, X-ternally Yours, A Rogue's Tale, Mojovision, and Reunion Part II. These are some of my fav episodes (other than the Phoenix Sagas).

My favorite cartoon version of Jean is X-men Evolution. My fav episodes for Evolution are Power Surge, Mindbender, Blind Alley, and Under Lock and Key.
    While I loved Jean for a long prior to animated series, I love ALL of the episodes you mention!

Great Jean power showings as well as her confidence and skill in using her powers as well as in herself (which sometimes gets stated that she is not).

TAS Jean was meant to be a backburner character, and it's explicitly apparent based on her placing in the intro. It was nice to see her slowly move into the spotlight and I wonder if that was because her character was popular or if the creators realized that she was so integral to many stories.

"Xavier Remembers" was a good episode too in that she got to flex a little and Xavier even says her powers are truly awesome. (EDIT: Oh wait, never mind he said that in DPS Part III)
    Last edited by superjosh; 09-14-2020 at 04:53 PM.

TAS Jean was meant to be a backburner character, and it's explicitly apparent based on her placing in the intro. It was nice to see her slowly move into the spotlight and I wonder if that was because her character was popular or if the creators realized that she was so integral to many stories.

"Xavier Remembers" was a good episode too in that she got to flex a little and Xavier even says her powers are truly awesome. (EDIT: Oh wait, never mind he said that in DPS Part III)
    Yeah, I thought it was mentioned in "Xavier Remembers" too----but when I got to re-watch it about 4 yrs ago, it was not in there. I guess "I Didn't remember" correctly, lol.

I can't believe I didn't list Xavier Remembers. It is also a favorite of mine and I used to watch it often especially after I got Disney Plus. I love seeing Xavier and Jean fighting together on the astral plane. I also like Graduation Day.

Monday Mini-Skirted Masked MARVEL Appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I can't believe I didn't list Xavier Remembers. It is also a favorite of mine and I used to watch it often especially after I got Disney Plus. I love seeing Xavier and Jean fighting together on the astral plane. I also like Graduation Day.
    I love how much TAS covered. Astral battles were such an X-Men thing. I think the only staple they missed were the baseball games. Claremont is still bitter haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was mentioned in "Xavier Remembers" too----but when I got to re-watch it about 4 yrs ago, it was not in there. I guess "I Didn't remember" correctly, lol.
    Lol nice one

Originally, Jean was not part of the cast at all. She would have been featured in a guest appearance role for certain episodes only. It wasn't until the writers began writing for the character that they realized how she served the team. She was meant to be the one that they confided in, that Xavier could turn to, she was meant to be the heart of the team and for those reasons, she (along with Beast) were added to the main roster.

What's also interesting is that the original design for her costume was pretty much the Jim Lee look (plus heels) but (this is conjecture as I've not been able to find proof) it was decided there were already two female characters with their hair down and they wanted to make each character visually different from the other, so her look was redesigned and we got the interpretation we see in the show.

BANNED

That costume is lipstick on a pig. Nostalgia is sin.

She has, along with the rest of them, save Jubilee, a number of cooler outfits to use/adopt, but "this is what it was like when I was seven" won out.

I hope the inevitable movie and game content is a little more creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That costume is lipstick on a pig. Nostalgia is sin.

She has, along with the rest of them, save Jubilee, a number of cooler outfits to use/adopt, but "this is what it was like when I was seven" won out.

I hope the inevitable movie and game content is a little more creative.
    Ironic then that Krakoan Jean is currently wearing a nostalgic costume... and it's your avatar lol!

All kidding aside though, I agree and hope these costumes are just for merch and kiddie things like that coloring app. If there is an animated series, I'd like more current costumes. Unfortunately, Jean doesn't have a well-established modern look because she was dead for 15 years.

BANNED

Oh Marvel Girl is definitely nostalgia garbage too, but it is better than adding random bits to the awful 90s design and calling it a day lol. The nostalgia is one thing, but the 90s look also has ugliness working against it. The Marvel Girl look is bad because of the attitude and intention behind it; a weaker Jean. 90s means the same thing, but it has the audacity to not even at least be aesthetically pleasing. Lol