Page 119 of 432 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Looking back I think that was part of my aversion to Jeen, in that writers made her highly skilled and powerful almost instantly with only limited training. I know that we were Jean starved by that point, but it set a bad precedent for things moving forward. This now creates an issue where Jean can appear less powerful or skilled when comparing the two (which is almost worse in some respect considering Jean has all the memories of Jeen). The writing for Jean, for me, has improved with the roll out of more titles outside of PoX/HoX in particular X-Force.
    bendis wanted jeen to be a powerhouse, Jeen didn't had the mental blocks placed by Xavier.

it really creates a problem because writers want a less powerful Jean, so Jeen keep looking better and better.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

looks like jean is appearing in fantastic 4 ,a very small place compared to betsy

we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    looks like jean is appearing in fantastic 4 ,a very small place compared to betsy

Its a variant cover; not an indication that she or Betsy will be in it

I love Mark Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Jean did screen our the cosmic radiation and did for a while before her shields weakened.

I dunno about light but Jean should be able to easily filter radiation seeing how she shielded from hyperspace and a white hole.

Yep, since the 90s the Jean has been able to make chains, ropes, grappling hooks and cushions with her tk, Teen Jean was also able to make hammers, shields, swords, shuriken, ropes and chains with her tk.
    Making a TK ball or bubble is something she casually does most times when she creates a shield... She's also made Phoenix raptor/claw constructs
    Thank you so much for the info my friend, as well as the reply! ( I thought my post was invisible the way it was ignored. )

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I think it would be cool if Jean absorbed Madelyne and had her as voice in her head, demon on her shoulder, trying to poison her thoughts and waiting to take over.
    I mean, she was made from a piece of Jeans mind, I feel like Jean didn't get everything back.
    They did a bit of that following Inferno. Jean reclaimed the portion of herself that was used to create Madelyne and the Phoenix spark that awakened the clone. The personalities (Madelyne and Phoenix) would manifest when Jean was under duress. The artists (Paul Smith in this case) signaled the switching personalities with Jean’s hairstyle changing: parted in the middle with bangs = Madelyne (evil clone!), Wavy and full bodied = Phoenix (evil cosmic entity!). By the end of the “Judgement War” storyline vs the Celestials on an alien world, Jean rid herself of both echoes.

Attachment 95183

Yeah I think everyone here read Inferno... But it could be cool if it happened again and became the status quo I guess?

LOL...what if Maddie put on the Red suit and recreated this scene?

In my head canon, the only reason teen jean was portrayed as more powerful than adult jean is because she had somewhat less moral restraint, a lot less wisdom and a “nothing to lose “ attitude. After all, from Her view, being more measured with her powers and demeanor only ended up with her dead and a crumbling marriage. So why not let loose with her powers and personality?

Adult jean is known for empathy and compassion. And I am NOT saying these are weaknesses, but I can see how that would make
    One more judicious with power use. In many ways teen jean just didn’t give a fu*k.

But yes writing choice certainly has to do with it. The fact that adult jean has yet to use pink form since teen jean left is a glaring omission.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah I think everyone here read Inferno... But it could be cool if it happened again and became the status quo I guess?
    I haven’t

Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I haven’t

Sorry, I meant all the Jean fans. /jk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I haven’t

Well you should! Its one of Jean's definitive stories

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

On an island nation with villainous mutants, morally grey mutants, morally altruistic mutants...I like that Jean could be one (of many) who is more balanced and centred and who can have a more pragmatic approach to situations.

Having been the Phoenix, and the strength it took to harness that cosmic energy and entity, and her dealings with Nova, I think she would not be very susceptible to mind manipulations. At this point she would be strong enough to recognise a mental intruder and deal with it/them accordingly.
    I love that she easily recognised and called out Beast for his patronising tone in X-Force.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-03-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Maddie and Jean merged on inferno, current Maddie is Nate Grey's construct.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Maddie and Jean merged on inferno, current Maddie is Nate Grey's construct.
    Was this confirmed? For some reason, I thought Hellion’s Maddie was just gonna be another back-up clone in Sinister’s arsenal, much like the Maddie clones in gowns who appeared in AvX.