Page 346 of 432 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 6479
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What I wrote was my fanboy wish, which implies I know its not going to happen. The X-men are her defacto family and not the same thing as her original family whom were specific supporting characters for her. There are stories and character development that can be done with Jean that you cant substitute the X-men with which is why I feel this is one area where they've written Jean into a corner.t None of the X-men are supporting characters for Jean bc they are leads in their own right

And can you stop spouting that misinformation about her X-Force usage? She's never used the pink power that the teen version had in this current era
    She tapped the powers of Sage and Black Tom and used that to remove the teleflorics. We saw pink energy everywhere when she disintegrated the plant men. I agree with you it’s not the same as the pink firm, but it’s probably the closest we will get.

That’s the closest we’ll likely get to the Bendis era pink powers. The time displaced X-Men didn’t fit into Hickman’s vision and so we will likely see very different evolution for Jean’s powers. I think with the Phoenix being brought back Hickman intends to use it after this Avengers Phoenix story. We will see.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Yes that's right. Thomas Perkins, who was the character design supervisor for AEMH posted some concept art awhile back, here's one of them (only one that features Jean)

Well, that would have been awesome. But, what can you do?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She tapped the powers of Sage and Black Tom and used that to remove the teleflorics. We saw pink energy everywhere when she disintegrated the plant men. I agree with you it’s not the same as the pink firm, but it’s probably the closest we will get.

That’s the closest we’ll likely get to the Bendis era pink powers. The time displaced X-Men didn’t fit into Hickman’s vision and so we will likely see very different evolution for Jean’s powers. I think with the Phoenix being brought back Hickman intends to use it after this Avengers Phoenix story. We will see.
    She's done that before. In Red, she tapped into Trinary and Black Panther to remove nannites from Storm. In Revolution, she tapped into Cable to change the X-men's clothing. She's had pink power signatures since forever. What was unique about Teen Jean was that she would absorb psychic energy around her and use that to massively amplify her TK. It was her two powers working in unison to boost her. Thats what made the pink power form so unique. Adult Jean hasnt done that

BANNED

Had Louise Simonson bothered to give Gailen and Joey unique powers(it would suck if Jean’s niece and nephew were telepaths/telekinetic like Jean herself, Maddie, and Jean’s kids. But because they were never developed as characters or given any personality, it makes it hard for writers to want to use them. If Sara herself were revealed to be a mutant I could see them being brought back. But Sara would also need to not be a telepath/telekinetic. Find an interesting use for Sara so Jean doesn’t have to be the mother of two more kids and I could see them coming back. Hickman made Moira a mutant, after all. Sara was absorbed with into the phalanx, but there’s no proof she actually died. I am not saying anything will happen, but I could see Hickman using her under the right circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What I wrote was my fanboy wish, which implies I know its not going to happen. The X-men are her defacto family and not the same thing as her original family whom were specific supporting characters for her. There are stories and character development that can be done with Jean that you cant substitute the X-men with which is why I feel this is one area where they've written Jean into a corner.t None of the X-men are supporting characters for Jean bc they are leads in their own right

And can you stop spouting that misinformation about her X-Force usage? She's never used the pink power that the teen version had in this current era
    I should have given ppl a link to our thread, stupid me >_<

That's the point of our think tank, and this fan project. To create an animated world around our Marvel heroes, tailored to the fans. I agree with the point about Jean's fam, cuz if you look at other characters, take Gambit (who's been involved in a lot of discussion), he has the Thieves' Guild as that extra piece which delves deeper into, and supports his personal story and journey.

We asked the chief writer about Jean's family, and she states "for the direction I'm taking Jean Grey, her plot's gonna need her family present. Besides, killing them off is kinda useless and pointless per my opinion..."

This is the thread right here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...non-think-tank

I'll soon "leak" photos and clips of what the show would look like. Its heavily anime inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Had Louise Simonson bothered to give Gailen and Joey unique powers(it would suck if Jean’s niece and nephew were telepaths/telekinetic like Jean herself, Maddie, and Jean’s kids. But because they were never developed as characters or given any personality, it makes it hard for writers to want to use them. If Sara herself were revealed to be a mutant I could see them being brought back. But Sara would also need to not be a telepath/telekinetic. Find an interesting use for Sara so Jean doesn’t have to be the mother of two more kids and I could see them coming back. Hickman made Moira a mutant, after all. Sara was absorbed with into the phalanx, but there’s no proof she actually died. I am not saying anything will happen, but I could see Hickman using her under the right circumstances.
    I totally agree. If it was up to you, what powers would you give them? Would they be psychically based or something completely different? Would the twins have an contacting power like the Beaubier twins or non-related powers like the Maximoff twins?

Jean is in the XoS Creation issue and we actually get to see her in the MG dress without that stupid mask. Her face , especially as drawn by Larraz is too beautiful to hide

I enjoyed XoS Creation a lot and I was glad that both Jean and Scott had a role. I know some were worried they would be left out. I look forward to see more about what they are up to in upcoming issues.

It would be interesting to see this interaction that she does with Cable, with Rachel. But it was really cool. (But this custom is a horrible death)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I enjoyed XoS Creation a lot and I was glad that both Jean and Scott had a role. I know some were worried they would be left out. I look forward to see more about what they are up to in upcoming issues.
    They are going to appear in Cable's issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    They are going to appear in Cable's issue.
    Yes, Chapter 8 (Cable issue 5). It should be released on Oct. 14th. I do hope we see them again before then but we'll see.

Fantastic Member

A Grey-Summers platonic family vibe is usually reserved to What Ifs and alternate versions, and getting a weird form of it in XoS and this era of X-Men in general is surprisingly fun for me. Gives me something else to look forward to, where I was pretty resigned to good appearances only in X-Force and the Giant-Size issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Yes, Chapter 8 (Cable issue 5). It should be released on Oct. 14th. I do hope we see them again before then but we'll see.
    I cant imagine they put that plotline on hold for 7 issues. We'll see them before then. The Cable issue seems to be just wen they step into the spotlight

BANNED

jean might use the cerebro sword after all that cover had betsy use a sword with a star design, now it's comfirmed in the book that the sword of starlight is a thing, so I can gues she will wield the cerebro blade after all

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    jean might use the cerebro sword after all that cover had betsy use a sword with a star design, now it's comfirmed in the book that the sword of starlight is a thing, so I can gues she will wield the cerebro blade after all
    Mikhail has the Cerebro Sword.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!