Page 353 of 432 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 6479
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Took my shot trying to make the dress look a little more usable using micro heroes.

I actually quite like it. She kind of looks like a DC Superhero?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    What is peoples favourite memories of Jean from her Marvel Girl days, original xmen run? Or her best power feat?
    My favorite issue from the OG days is when Jean confronts Magneto during the Roy Thomas/Neal Adams run. Jean was fiery and confident, and she destroys his machine by using her tk to activate Scott's visor.

I have to say that Jean in the 05 days is nowhere near as bad as people make her out to be. All of the 05 had bizarre moments or weak moments at times (and Jean certainly did), but Jean's abilities were often useful (even though sometimes she had to be directed by Xavier or Scott to do something). For example in issue 3 the team is captured but Xavier instructs Jean to use her tk powers to free herself so she can free the others. In the second issue Jean levitates 6 women away from Angel and puts them on a roof of a nearby building (though it causes strain and Xavier had warned her about levitating objects heavier than she could physically hold). Of course in issue 1 she redirects missiles. In early fights with the sentinels Jean was able to use her tk to topple one (by focusing on the legs).

We often remember the bizarre moments like when Jean is defeated by the Wasp when she covers Jean's eyes with her own hair ::yikes:: Though not the best quality stories I enjoy the O5 days. Sure the characters needed more personality but I like the simple uses of their abilities.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Took my shot trying to make the dress look a little more usable using micro heroes.

I actually quite like it. She kind of looks like a DC Superhero?
    I do like the idea of the dress worn as a tunic-type top over leggings...as was illustrated by Dustin Weaver on X-Force 01
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Jean did not appear at all in Marauders #13, despite being on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Dang really? Dauterman must REALLY love drawing her lol.

I have a question
    Am I the only one who is disappointed that we haven't seen Jean react to the existence of Vulcan, Darwin, Petra and Sway ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I have a question
    Am I the only one who is disappointed that we haven't seen Jean react to the existence of Vulcan, Darwin, Petra and Sway ?
    I added it to the long list of meaningful interactions/reactions I'll never see when it comes to Jean because they all happen off-panel.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    and she was the only one that didnt. Even Wolverine got a quick cameo at the end. I was disappointed, but I had doubts that she would appear

They are sequential comics, Jean will only appear from Cable onwards. And the current Jean doesn't show up much, so ... Thanks Dauterman for the cover

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    They are sequential comics, Jean will only appear from Cable onwards. And the current Jean doesn't show up much, so ... Thanks Dauterman for the cover
    You dont know that

Yes, I don't know. It is an assumption. Only the future will tell

The comics is from cable and Jean decides to go the other way only .... I just hope she does something (Cable preview)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    hope there is more Jean in this issue, these days she just can't wait to get off-panel
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    The comics is from cable and Jean decides to go the other way only .... I just hope she does something (Cable preview)
    I feel like she’s gonna have a badass moment Cable #5. Reading that preview page, I got f*cking shivers when she decided to go alone, feels like badass Jean is coming through! It’s like she knows she won’t need any back-up should she stumble across trouble, she knows she’ll be able to handle whatever threat may come her way.