Page 397 of 432 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 6479
    BANNED

I don't think it's serious enough for a petition lol.
    You can't FORCE a writer to like your favorite character.

Anywho, what's the over/under on the number 90s cartoon Jeanisms we'll get from Hickman over the first 6 six issues, assuming X-Men becomes her main book?

Gotta go with at least 5. I'm talking about the yelling "SCOTT!", trying and sucking at using her powers, fainting, etc.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 11-28-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    If nobody else writes a change.org petition fir this, I will in a few days.
    yes ! a real world problem that needs addressing !

BANNED

I don't like petitions, writers know what fans want. If they don't do what fans want because they simply doesn't want to.
    The only way they listen to fans is if sales fell or if bosses complain

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I've been avoiding posting here because y'all like to pounce when someone disagrees with the collective but I don't see how Jean was treated badly during XoS at all. She had good power moments and wasn't just a communication device, she had agency, wasn't letting Scott make all the decisions for her, got the really cool To Me, My X-Men moment, actually had some action going on in Destruction and Cable. She wasn't an event focus but she was key in saving the day at the end. It was Jean and Magik that opened the portal to let all the demons from the Peak through.

I REALLY loved the scene with Jean choosing to leave the council. Narratively we know that she's probably going to be co-leading an upcoming team with Scott because of the way it was presented, and her making that decision on her own is INCREDIBLY smart. She was disappointed that the council was the way that they were but she made the decision to leave, Scott didn't make it for her. And as the event presents it her leaving is the correct decision to make. Without Jean and Scott making the decision to do Rainfall, the swordbearers would be dead, Apocalypse would've lost, and Amenthi demons would've overtaken Krakoa and then Earth.

I don't think that just because a woman is in an open relationship or a polyamorous relationship with her husband that she's weak. That's bull. I adore the family moments that we've gotten with Jean, Scott, and Cable and Scott made it very clear during the issue with Summoner that he loves one person and that person is without a doubt Jean. I also think the moments we've gotten with her in X-Force have been great.

This era may not be as good for Jean as the late Ressurxion and Disassembled/Age of X-Man eras are, because she was THE face of the X-Men then, but she has ABSOLUTELY NOT been treated badly whatsoever.
    It wasn't Jean that saved the day. What saved the day was Apocalypse surrendering to Annihillations.

Jean actions had no impact on the outcome of the fight, so she lost the council seat for nothing.

They regressed her, so yes she is treated badly

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Completely. With out without the Phoenix she had agency and was a strong voice until Hickman got his hands on her.
    About right.
    Last edited by baxer; 11-28-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    No it's very much not productive either. And VERY repetitive.
    It's all they've got.

But what we have to look forward to is seeing Jean in a new book and hopefully doing more than she did on the QC since we never really got to see much of them anyway.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    It wasn't Jean that saved the day. What saved the day was Apocalypse surrendering to Annihillations.

Jean actions had no impact on the outcome of the fight, so she lost the council seat for nothing.
    Lol, no. Go read it again.

Apocalypse wouldn't have won the fight in the first place had Jean and Scott not brought the cavalry. The win was specifically reliant on the X-Men saving the day.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I don't like petitions, writers know what fans want. If they don't do what fans want because they simply doesn't want to.
    The only way they listen to fans is if sales fell or if bosses complain

To be honest, me too. It will hinder his creativity if he considers Marvel to comply with the petition. And maybe the hickman gets worse, if he doesn't accept it, just to make Jean fans angry.

BANNED

Lol, no. Go read it again.

Apocalypse wouldn't have won the fight in the first place had Jean and Scott not brought the cavalry. The win was specifically reliant on the X-Men saving the day.
    I read it, and only saw them stalling the game. If Apocalypse loses, they would lose too. That is why there was a tournament, Apocalypse was the last one standing between annihilation and Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She did? When did Jean get to stop like in krakoa and decide this is what i want to do. I'm not saying she was a puppet but i am saying jean never got to develope the way she wanted and it was never HER choice to change her marvel girl costume and everytime she has wanted to feel safe or has been going through a huge change she herself has almost always chosen to revert back to her marvel girl costume.
    This isn't true in anyway. she didn't used on her own will the costume for decades

I read it, and only saw them stalling the game. If Apocalypse loses, they would lose too. That is why there was a tournament, Apocalypse was the last one standing between annihilation and Krakoa.
    And the way that it's presented is that Apocalypse was losing the fight until the X-Men arrived to save the day. He's specifically being dragged down by Genesis' vines until the X-Men appear and start attacking the hordes. And certainly, everyone else would've died when the hordes started arriving.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

And the way that it's presented is that Apocalypse was losing the fight until the X-Men arrived to save the day. He's specifically being dragged down by Genesis' vines until the X-Men appear and start attacking the hordes. And certainly, everyone else would've died when the hordes started arriving.
    he was fighting her, but he wasnt losing it. It created a distraction tht may be needed or not, but the victory is on Apocalypse.

BANNED

To me this page says everything. Attachment 102696
    Yes... In shocking detail it accurately points out how Jean Grey/Phoenix has been jobbed over the years.

BANNED

Ryan stegman posted this

it is a crime that she will have to se this dress on King in Black

I'm excited for King in Black. she looks great.

Ryan stegman posted this

it is a crime that she will have to se this dress on King in Black
    Can't wait to see this in full color, very powerful!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

To me this page says everything. Attachment 102696

The marvel girl costume was the last time jean had agency. Perhaps she will change the costume at some point but one thing i remember is Jean liked her costume and maybe she just wasn't done with it. She was ripped into a phoenix costume, xfactor for the longest time she didn't have her telepathy, x-men red is the first time i can remember jean had a new costume not only because she chose it but she was for all intents and purposes whole at the time. Perhaps she is doing exactly what the phoenix alluded to in that page but moving on HER time this time.
    This trash invalidated years of story and iconography just because the writer thinks Jean should only ever be about Laser Boy.

He even had some kind of issue with the idea of her leading a team.

And Hix ain't much better.

BANNED

Writers come and go. Hickman will be home soon, just like everyone else. It’s important for the corporation to see how people feel about it’s treatment of prominent female characters.

Of the issue here is I think people here are internet gangsters. It’s all good to scream like crazies under anonymous user names but sign a petition? No. Tweet? No. Writer an email or letter? No. Basically people are just vomitting their own misery and unhappiness and are unwilling do anything but whine because it is safe.

And yes the portrayal of women in media is an important real world problem.

But feel free to continue to making excuses for cowardice.
    If you’re unwilling or unable to do something about the problem, just give up and let those who enjoy Hickman’s portrayal of Jean (I’m not one of them). Just move on.