Page 254 of 432 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Claws View Post
    the most ridiculous thing is that of course it was not written to be sexual abuse, Wolverine at the time was the bad boy cliché of television series, comics, films and books .... that always pressed the Puritan protagonist and reveal his feelings .. .

this is totally wrong, but in the context of the time it was normal, so much so that at Morrison's Run, Jean decides to cheat on Scott with Logan and Logan refuses to do that, we see a totally different approach.
    i don't drink the cool aid. I have watched some old entertaiment and many times the bad boy was awful but didn't sexually assaulted.

Sexual assault should be meet with zero tolerance and not be tolerated because the character is popular or people ship the couple

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Don't rewrite history dear. A woman giving a unexpected or unwanted kiss to a man in the 70's was not seen as sexual harassment for the majority of people. What about a man?
    it was always a a-hole movie and not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    When someone like you WHO actually believes that AvX didn't do bad to X-Men then I guess you win lol
    it was written by Bob layton and yeah AVX didn't made any damage to x-franchise,

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    now you are being disrespectiful. people know very well what was sexual assault

I doubt it wasn' written to be like that, if it wasn't written like tht it would be considered consensual and completely fine.
    people gonna say that Marcus and Carol wasn't written to be like rape, but it totally was rape.
    you just have to read to understand, read Claremont's interviews, Chris never liked Cyclops and he likes the idea of Logan and Jean together, he even said that in the end for the characters Wolverine and Jean Gray they are together, in addition Wolverine and the Phoenix would be together until the end of the universe.

Claremont left MARVEL before he managed to put all his plans on paper, but it was obviously not sexual abuse, at UXM in one of the Claremont editions we see Ororo and Jean discussing how Logan kisses hot and Jean says that the first time they kissed it was at a party before she became the phoenix, and they were laughing as they talked about it
    Last edited by Diamond Claws; 07-09-2020 at 12:15 PM.

he had zero to do with the story, he didn't wrote that

21st century doesn't involve hook up with the guy who sexually harassed you,.
    Just remember that is total head cannon on your part. Claremont specifically retconned Jean into being attracted to Logan pretty much the day they met. And frankly you really are taking the fact the scene has aged badly as the cannon and not the writers intent. And no I donÂ’t think that attitude is ok in the real world but we are dealing with fictional characters that have a writer deciding what was happening.

BANNED

You know how Scott writers and fans were all like "Jean Grey held Cyclops back from being a man" and related faux macho language?

Well I'm going to say it; Cyclops ages Jean badly. She needed a story where she is a modern-day grown woman superhero and she has needed it since before they brought her back as a teenager because they didn't want the real her running around, in fear of what just happened in X-Force #10.

BANNED

it was written by Bob layton and yeah AVX didn't made any damage to x-franchise,
    Ask those CBR users in here. They will assure your conspiracy about AVX lol

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Just remember that is total head cannon on your part. Claremont specifically retconned Jean into being attracted to Logan pretty much the day they met. And frankly you really are taking the fact the scene has aged badly as the cannon and not the writers intent. And no I donÂ’t think that attitude is ok in the real world but we are dealing with fictional characters that have a writer deciding what was happening.
    it doesn't matters writer intent, they were wrong. carol rape story is exactly same thing as this, but people make excuses because Logan is a popular chaarcter and they like the couple

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Ask those CBR users in here. They will assure your conspiracy.
    you are telling lies and I'm conspirator? post the issue and the writing credits then.

you just have to read to understand, read Claremont's interviews, Chris never liked Cyclops and he likes the idea of Logan and Jean together, he even said that in the end for the characters Wolverine and Jean Gray they are together, in addition Wolverine and the Phoenix would be together until the end of the universe.

Claremont left MARVEL before he managed to put all his plans on paper, but it was obviously not sexual abuse, at UXM in one of the Claremont editions we see Ororo and Jean discussing how Logan kisses hot and Jean says that the first time they kissed it was at a party before she became the phoenix, and they were laughing as they talked about it
    Claremont likes Cyclops, he went a bit sour but he never went after the character. Same for jean,

That was a retcon, jean drunk? lol claremont
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-09-2020 at 12:17 PM.

the most ridiculous thing is that of course it was not written to be sexual abuse, Wolverine at the time was the bad boy cliché of television series, comics, films and books .... that always pressed the Puritan protagonist and reveal his feelings .. .

this is totally wrong, but in the context of the time it was normal, so much so that at Morrison's Run, Jean decides to cheat on Scott with Logan and Logan refuses to do that, we see a totally different approach.
    You know, when I was a teen, I was one of the sweetest, most respectful guy in the room. I had no idea I will end up gay at the time, and I had no attraction to guys. I remember having feelings for a few different girls over the years, but they never cared about me. They were all into the bad boys of the class. They wanted the bad guys. Just the bad guys. So I'm not sure it was such a movie cliché, but a representation of the time.

it was always a a-hole movie and not right.
    I love how you always pretend to not understand. It was not about the move itself. It was about how it was perceived in the context of its time. So I said, unless you want to rewrite history, don't apply your 2020 logic to a 1970 society.

He did liked Cyclops, but his feelings toward him turn bitter after X-Factor, so from that point he thinks that Jean and Logan are soulmates and still believe that to this day.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

All-New Member

I love how you always pretend to not understand. It was not about the move itself. It was about how it was perceived in the context of its time. So I said, unless you want to rewrite history, don't apply your 2020 logic to a 1970 society.
    it is clear that she does not intend to understand, she is a Jott shipper, she will defend Cyclops and Jean together and speak ill of Wolverine forever, but luckily many people liked the comic, Jott fans will have to put up with

I'm pretty sure it was considered not right. There was people suing for sexual assault at the time

I'm pretty sure it was considered not right. There was people suing for sexual assault at the time
    You can hate the past all you want. It's your right. But you can't rewrite it or deny it.

it is clear that she does not intend to understand, she is a Jott shipper, she will defend Cyclops and Jean together and speak ill of Wolverine forever, but luckily many people liked the comic, Jott fans will have to put up with
    She is not, trust me she doesn't like Jott much more than she likes Jogan, Scott fans had a....long history with her.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

You can hate the past all you want. It's your right. But you can't rewrite it or deny it.
    sure, but what happened is sxual crime then. you can't rewrite it

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    You know how Scott writers and fans were all like "Jean Grey held Cyclops back from being a man" and related faux macho language?

Well I'm going to say it; Cyclops ages Jean badly. She needed a story where she is a modern-day grown woman superhero and she has needed it since before they brought her back as a teenager because they didn't want the real her running around, in fear of what just happened in X-Force #10.
    Agree.

But Logan also ages Jean badly with the sexual assault stories. Cyclops nor Logan can really support jean like she needs, the moment she gets the Phoenix Scott gonna be afraid and doubt her like he did on Morrison run. Wolverine will want to kill her so she doesn't go dark phoenix.

both are toxic enviroments for Jean

defend Cyclops ahahhahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahhahaahahhaahahahh aahahahahahha
    Just because I don't like Logan and jean, doesn't make me a Jott shipper
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-09-2020 at 12:25 PM.

BANNED

you are telling lies and I'm conspirator? post the issue and the writing credits then.
    AVX for X-Men and Phoenix was badly written. The fact youre that your in such denial that it didn't do bad to whole X-Men franchise and everyone knows that it's not remotely true is why I am telling that it's just your conspiracy and entitlement.

Although I agree that that anniversary issue wasn't written by Claremont.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-09-2020 at 12:30 PM.