Page 169 of 432 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 6479

The best part was when Cassandra Nova couldn't affect Jean's mind, even when she put down her defenses. Nova tried to tear apart her mind but couldn't do anything, then Nova attacked when Jean's mind was over stretched and undefended but couldn't do anything and had to attack Rachel instead (despite talking about how she was going to use the opportunity to take out Jean directly).

Honestly after seen this Jean Grey, this new Marvel Girl as the writer pretends us to call her, is a downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The best part was when Cassandra Nova couldn't affect Jean's mind, even when she put down her defenses. Nova tried to tear apart her mind but couldn't do anything, then Nova attacked when Jean's mind was over stretched and undefended but couldn't do anything and had to attack Rachel instead (despite talking about how she was going to use the opportunity to take out Jean directly).

Honestly after seen this Jean Grey, this new Marvel Girl as the writer pretends us to call her, is a downgrade.
    I loved how Jean was able to outwit Nova with her TP

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Just saw the Twitter polls and they're really close, impressive since Thor is loved by the locals and MCU fans apart from the comicbook Thor fans who are a lot as well.
    I know but it would be soooo amazing for her to win this not just because I feel that she has the slight edge but also it will send waves to our community and Marvel and remind people that once upon a time The X-Men were Marvel’s premiere team. Vote vote vote.

Though Jean has had some good moments in last Uncanny X-men run, that Typhoid Mary story, and in Age of X-man none of these stories came close to X-men Red in showing a powerful, confident, and capable Jean Grey.

In X-force we do see those qualities in Jean but we haven't seen enough of her in recent issues (last few issues focused on Domino, Colossus, etc). Jean in X-men Red was more optimistic. I don't think Taylor would have Jean atomize plant people so Jean in X-force is a bit darker. Jean went from weaponizing the truth and crushing the lies to being part of the Mutant CIA which is a big shift. I look forward to Percy exploring more of Jean's inner conflict with being a member of X-force.

An #XMen character walks into a tiki bar... but WHICH X-Men character?! YOU get to decide! #XForce artist @joshuacassara will draw the winning character in an original sketch that'll be revealed in the next edition of #XMenMonday.

Only 6 hours left to Vote here :
    https://twitter.com/AIPTcomics/statu...07205691764736
    Last edited by franckd; 05-28-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    An #XMen character walks into a tiki bar... but WHICH X-Men character?! YOU get to decide! #XForce artist @joshuacassara will draw the winning character in an original sketch that'll be revealed in the next edition of #XMenMonday.

Only 6 hours left to Vote here :
    I can't with this dumb twitter Maggot thing;

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I can't with this dumb twitter Maggot thing;
    Jean needs only a few votes to win now. There is only 1 hours left to vote :
    Last edited by franckd; 05-28-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like Maggot. I voted for Maggot.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Why cant we get a drawing of Jean with Maggot?

Jean lost to Thor and Maggot. I am officially joining their fanbase.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Tsk! I don't like him that much...lol
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why cant we get a drawing of Jean with Maggot?
    Yeah, really. I bet even the artist voted for Maggott. A lot of the more bro-ish fanboys on twitter love Maggott. Which I admit I like the character too and I do think he needs to be used more. At least he got some minor use in one of the Age of X-man books.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Tsk! I don't like him that much...lol
    I am his n°1 fan (for a day or two... I'll be back to my real fav soon enough). But right now I refuse to belong to the "2 times" loser's camp.

So Jean lost to Thor in the Battle Royale, but I would like to think the most powerful at Marvel and Disney might realise her popularity and order Hickman to quit this weak Jean BS storyline and forgotten/ignored character history and traits and give the fans what they want. Or an explanation of this current state (him admitting he hat... dislikes her), or give us at least an improvement on what he's doing with her.

Edit: yes, first post after lurking for years, but had to speak up - I really think it's time for Hickman to take notice of fans! We finally got Jean back and a pretty awesome one at that, and then we get his version. I don't think it will be worth it if in however many months or years it was all for a 'reason'.
    Last edited by BluePhoenix; 05-28-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
    So Jean lost to Thor in the Battle Royale, but I would like to think the most powerful at Marvel and Disney might realise her popularity and order Hickman to quit this weak Jean BS storyline and forgotten/ignored character history and traits and give the fans what they want. Or an explanation of this current state (him admitting he hat... dislikes her), or give us at least an improvement on what he's doing with her.

Edit: yes, first post after lurking for years, but had to speak up - I really think it's time for Hickman to take notice of fans! We finally got Jean back and a pretty awesome one at that, and then we get his version. I don't think it will be worth it if in however many months or years it was all for a 'reason'.
    i agree with this!
    we can be heroes, just for one day