Page 175 of 432 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    One thing i am missing from current books, i would like to see more interaction between Nightcrawler and Jean. Anyone else you ant to see Jean spend more time with?
    Same. In Claremont's original run, I don't remember any moments between these two characters at all. Kurt had a lot with Scott about Jean but never really anything directly with Jean. Even in the Dark Phoenix Saga, Ororo, Logan, and Peter would all be thinking about Jean and Kurt's mind would be somewhere else completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    One thing i am missing from current books, i would like to see more interaction between Nightcrawler and Jean. Anyone else you ant to see Jean spend more time with?
    When Jean died last time, it was such a big deal for Rachel. Actually, she lost her mother in her own universe, and she lost Jean in 616 too. It's quite traumatic. As I lost my mother 7 years ago, I really know how it feels. And I would not be able to lose her an second time. Emotionally this would be torture.

Anyway, I know Jean & Rachel have spent a little time together since her return, but not that much.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'd like to see Jean and Bobby hanging out a little more. Of the O5, at this point in time, I think they'd be the closest apart from Jean/Scott as a married couple.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'd like to see Jean and Bobby hanging out a little more. Of the O5, at this point in time, I think they'd be the closest apart from Jean/Scott as a married couple.
    Ive always loved their friendship

Same, although she was closer to Warren in the 05 and X-Factor days after Scott. It was always Scott/Jean/Warren and Bobby/Hank. That dynamic changed a bit in the 90s and 2000s.

BANNED

Jean needs more panel time with literally everyone not named Scott or Emma.

For one of the oldest characters in the series, her connections aren't super emphasized, except for when it comes to stories about Cyclops, hence Emma.

Need more panel time with that X-Men Red cast, Storm in particular, and I'd like to see her form relationships/adversarialships with the other major female characters in the series.

I wouldn't be mad at more panel time of her and Wolverine or her and Fanto either

I feel like her and Bobby should be close on panel after that particular moment they had as teens lol

I love it when Jean interacts with Bobby, Hank or Warren. I loved Jean's friendship with Beast during New X-men. Jean lately is coming into conflict with Beast but I prefer them as friends/family. I wish in time Beast can be rehabilitated and not such a murky morally gray character. I've always loved the friendship between Jean and Storm and we need more of them , and while Jean interacts well with Scott, Emma, and Wolverine I would like to see Jean interact more with Sage or Domino since she is on the same team with them.

With regard to the Jean/Bobby friendship, I’m reminded of their easy rapport during the early days of her return from being Cocoon Dead in the original X-Factor run I’m re-reading. But then again Bob Layton really nailed the team dynamic like a well oiled sports team.

Simpler times when an impressive “feat” of telekinesis was flawlessly pulling up a fence post...
    “Showing off”
    Attachment 97343 Attachment 97344

(And then don’t forget Teen Jean outing Teen Bobby)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    With regard to the Jean/Bobby friendship, I’m reminded of their easy rapport during the early days of her return from being Cocoon Dead in the original X-Factor run I’m re-reading. But then again Bob Layton really nailed the team dynamic like a well oiled sports team.

Simpler times when an impressive “feat” of telekinesis was flawlessly pulling up a fence post...
    “Showing off”
    Attachment 97343 Attachment 97344

(And then don’t forget Teen Jean outing Teen Bobby)
    X-factor Jean Grey was great and she had numerous tk feats. My favorite use of tk is simply moving things and not generic blasts, or tk shields/bubbles. Nothing wrong with either of those uses, but they aren't as interesting to me. I loved the tk examples you posted from early X-factor. X-factor era Jean was fiery, passionate, and was extremely useful on the team due to her tk powers.

Don't get me wrong I also like the molecular tk (like speeding up molecules to cause explosions or the time she moved the sentinite out of Storm's brain).

Since Hickman insists that Jean should be in the colors of yellow and green I wonder why they didn't go in favor of a version of the X-factor uniform for Jean instead of the mini-skirt. Imagine maybe the red version but in green/yellow.

I liked the X-Factor Forever suit. I'm surely in the minority but... It could work with a dark green and yellow, like on this first image here :

Last edited by franckd; 06-05-2020 at 06:12 PM.

nah its gotten good reception here. I like it too

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    nah its gotten good reception here. I like it too
    Nice. I thought not many fans liked it, as it's not brought up oftenly. But good to know this X-Factor suit is appreciated.

I love her X-Factor Forever look. For that matter, I loved the series in general and I wish Louise Simonson had been able to make it an ongoing since there was such positive fan reception. It was a great time for the O5 and I'm curious what plans she had for The Twelve and if she would have ever implemented them. I also preferred her origin for Apocalypse in the series although Sinister was a bit too much like 616 Sinister for my taste. Since her old X-Factor issues had mostly conformed to Claremont's idea of Sinister being the front for an evil kid who never grows up physically, I wish she had stuck with that for X-Factor Forever to preserve continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jean needs more panel time with literally everyone not named Scott or Emma.

For one of the oldest characters in the series, her connections aren't super emphasized, except for when it comes to stories about Cyclops, hence Emma.

Need more panel time with that X-Men Red cast, Storm in particular, and I'd like to see her form relationships/adversarialships with the other major female characters in the series.

I wouldn't be mad at more panel time of her and Wolverine or her and Fanto either

I feel like her and Bobby should be close on panel after that particular moment they had as teens lol
    Agreed. Scott and Emma have done nothing for her, particularly the latter. I want Jean to stay far away as possible from them.

Especially since Jean actually has a lot of connections to non-X Marvel characters which are rarely ever highlighted. I know the First Class comics aren't really considered canon but I liked how Sue Storm mentored her or how she and Wanda would hang out back then. Considering how Wanda is basically the Jean of the Avengers, it's a real shame they haven't had more meaningful interaction especially since both characters were put in limbo for years because of misogynistic writing. Then there's also the fact that Jean teamed up with Black Widow back then and Black Widow said her classic leather costume was inspired by Jean.

Then there's Jean's interactions with Reed, Sue, Captain America, and Hercules in her "resurrection" in Fantastic Four 286. Cap really admired her heroism and spirit and I've always wanted to see them interact more. Jean was supposed to battle and defeat Thor when she first became Phoenix but editorial nixed that for Firelord so I want a Jean/Thor battle all these decades later. Especially since Jean narrowly lost to him in the recent Marvel.com contest. Namor's archenemy Attuma has clashed with Jean twice and Namor himself was responsible for finding her psychic cocoon in Jamaica Bay, so that, alongside his being part of X-Men Red makes me hope for more Namor/Jean interactions. Bendis had Jean appear to Jessica Jones in her times of need in Alias so I'd love to see more of that. Or if not Jessica Jones, then Jessica Drew since she was originally supposed to be that character. Not to mention, Claremont helped write Jessica Drew and called her the Black Angel, the same name he would refer to Jean as Dark Phoenix as. Another non X-Claremont character is Carol Danvers who has A LOT in common with Jean, right down to the fact that the Dark Phoenix Saga plotline seemed to have been originally planned for Ms. Marvel at one point.

BANNED

Phoenix by Thony Silas