Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What are your predictions for 2021?

Any shake-ups in editorial? Any events down the line? Any titles getting cancelled? Let the world know your 2021 predictions!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Safe to say Children of the Atom is DOA barring it being shockingly great. I also think Hickman will start setting up the endgame to his run towards the end of the year.

BANNED

There will be an X-Men comic event.

There will be, more than one, X-Men related comic published next year.

At the very least -- Scott, Wolverine, Magneto, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Storm -- will show up in the comics next year.

Jonathan Hickman will write at the very least one issue of X-Men comics next year. Could be more than 1, but certainly 1 at the very least.

Astonishing Member

The character you like buts geting underused, gets underused or screwed, 10 new logan solos

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Any shake-ups in editorial? Any events down the line? Any titles getting cancelled? Let the world know your 2021 predictions!
    Moira will spend a new (secret) reincarnation cycle, and the X-Men timeline from the 2000s onward will be finally altered/rebooted forever.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 12-28-2020 at 11:34 AM.

That'd be a... substantial retcon.

Fantastic Member

some predictions and a few rumblings ive heard but i know we had the pandermic mesed up schedules but 2020 was very disappointing for the x-line x-swords was awful but really not the editors or creators fault more from upper mgmt making it 22 parts

hopefully no more skip months of books that drives us comic store people insane espically after losing 2-3 month for covid 19
    hearing the cable book is ending around issue 12 THe real CAble will be back ive seen art and not just a liefield variant cover real art
    hellions also wrapping up but will be morphing into something else
    probably spurrier on x-corp why he was invited back to the x-world i have no idea he maybe loved by x-fans and people on these boards but his marvel works sells worse than any x-writer there is check the data
    the moira book as of now might be fourth qurarter 2021 but not even locked in yet\
    also hearing there will be something similiar to the 5 giant size x-men issues later this year

Not hellions ending! It's the best book going right now. Which it's great but it also says a bit about the rest of the books. If it morphs into something else I hope the same creative team carries over. Best unexpected title ever.

Spectacular Member

The theme of last year was Dawn of mutants and we saw the beginning of the Krakoa mutant era; this year theme is Expansion so we will see the expansion of the Krakoa mutant era, it has already started with the first issue of SWORD (expansion in space as it was already shown happening in the future in Powers of X). All X-books except one were in the top 20 in October so Krakoa is gonna last at least two more years, if immediately after expansion some kind of “Fall” follows, but going from Expanding directly to Falling would be weird so there is probably one more year in the middle.

I think some people are mixing up Hickman talking about 3 phases in his run with this yearly themes, I think Powers of X gives a good blueprint of the themes and events that will be covered in the run in it’s entirety, and if one looks at the stories, there is still a lot to go before Krakoa somewhat falls, some of the potential threats have only been just established (Orchis, Ordeculture) and some are still missing (Destiny), so it will take time. It’s also possible Krakoa won’t fall but just change form of government, or be the mutant place without being a nation and so on; it’s a strong concept that definitely beats the mansion or hiding inside some secret base and it makes for way more varied stories than having some base somewhere.

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

The Maximoff twins will be retconned to be mutants again

It'll depend entirely on if WandaVision does it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    some predictions and a few rumblings ive heard but i know we had the pandermic mesed up schedules but 2020 was very disappointing for the x-line x-swords was awful but really not the editors or creators fault more from upper mgmt making it 22 parts

hopefully no more skip months of books that drives us comic store people insane espically after losing 2-3 month for covid 19
    hearing the cable book is ending around issue 12 THe real CAble will be back ive seen art and not just a liefield variant cover real art
    probably spurrier on x-corp why he was invited back to the x-world i have no idea he maybe loved by x-fans and people on these boards but his marvel works sells worse than any x-writer there is check the data
    the moira book as of now might be fourth qurarter 2021 but not even locked in yet\
    also hearing there will be something similiar to the 5 giant size x-men issues later this year
    My guesses are Cable and X-factor canceled, , they were on the lowest selling prior XoS. Hellions seems to have found a stable niche

A big crossover on summer event

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post

You just made my day! Please be true, please be true, please be true!!!

Also, to be fair to Spurrier, his X-work that is so beloved was a series about Legion and then an X-Force book saddled with some very unfortunate art (sans the Molina issues) and also a cast that was pretty meh aside from Cable and Psylocke. I hope he’s on X-Corps and OG Cable is involved in some corporate intrigue. That would be awesome as Spurrier wrote a really dark and cool take on Nathan during that X-Force run. In fact, I’m going to go back and re-read that run. Wish there was a way to get it reprinted with more consistent artwork. Because it was very solid IMO.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-29-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Sounds like editorial is hinting at another big X-event in the summer. So we'll likely only get another 6-issue arc from all current titles until all the individual stories are derailed again.

Personally, I'd like something to happen with Destiny and Mystique by then if not during the Summer Event itself. I'd like for more cracks in the Krakoan society to be revealed. I'd like an info graphic showing that Iceman, Northstar, Daken, and Christian Frost all have adjoining rooms.

I'm suspicious of X-Factor and New Mutants being so good right now. My inner pessimist says it won't last, titles will get cancelled or there'll be a creative shakeup.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Astonishing Member

Hellions has been my favorite and imo best X-book so I hope you are wrong, unless it is a simple name change which I can care less about but the team (making the comic & in the comic) is my favorite out there right now.
    My prediction Maddy Pryor returns! and will eventually be a member of the team. Her appearance got a lot of buzz (got the most positive reviews of any of the Hickman X-books this year) and the storyline quickly wrapped because of X of Swords but I got the feeling the storyline was planting seeds for something larger. This might be the X storyline I am most interested in the future. Can't wait to see who Alex enlists to force Maddy's resurrection and how an X-Team with Maddy in it reacts with the other portions of Hickman's X-verse.