Page 104 of 432 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 6479
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    It's stupid that Jean doesn't realize she has telekinesis until after he has gutted her. Like she just watched him kill domino and Quentin. Smh
    She holds back all the time and since they all come back rather easily she probably didn't try to fight seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    Thanks for the clarification! Jean is a stronger mutant than Logan, dunno how she could be killed so easily.
    He's done it before. He's someone she trusts and she is susceptible to be taken out by surprise. Its not like she was in battle with him

Jean dying again is annoying. Now Jean has died twice since returning in Phoenix Resurrection. Jean, Quinton, and Domino have died twice now in this new era. It might turn out to be a thing for X-force members.

Jean went from one cycle of death and rebirth to another.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Jean dying again is annoying. Now Jean has died twice since returning in Phoenix Resurrection. Jean, Quinton, and Domino have died twice now in this new era. It might turn out to be a thing for X-force members.

Given the type of work that X-Force does, its not surprising that the highest death ratio would be among them

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's done it before. He's someone she trusts and she is susceptible to be taken out by surprise. Its not like she was in battle with him
    He first killed Quentin. We can take that one as a surprise attack then while he was still stabbing Quentin, domino started shooting him and and he got to her and stabbed her to death.
    Meanwhile, Jean was just standing there watching all this happen. Then for some reason, instead of using telekinesis on him, she jumps on him and gets stabbed, then she remembers her powers and blasts him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Scott only chose to kill Jean during Endsong if Jean were wearing Dark Phoenix colors. That's a smart call even as a Jean fan, because Jean wearing the red and gold means that Jean isn't Jean.
    He says that he needs to kill Jean, before he knew she was using red dark phoenix.
    Anyway I would think he would had a better way to deal with it than killing Jean again

I am happy.ish with Jean today. I wished she had more to do in Wolverine but whatever. Although can someone explain why Logan was there putting flowers on Jean's egg when it was established earlier that it was all a dream and that he didn't really kill anyone? What am I missing?

Endsong was bullshit!!! The entire premise was to show Jean in white hot room was pining for Scott while he was living a happy life with Emma and in the end of the awful series he shows how he has moved on from Jean and in love with Emma. I hate that issue from the core of my heart. It made me detest Scott more than the Morrison run did.
    The worse thing is that suddenly emma was just a rebound and he had always loved Jean all the time. he is always falling upwards, tha tis harmful to jean

Wolverine is a solo book, so it is normal to Jean have a smaller role and be there more of supporting.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-25-2020 at 01:50 PM.

He first killed Quentin. We can take that one as a surprise attack then while he was still stabbing Quentin, domino started shooting him and and he got to her and stabbed her to death.
    Meanwhile, Jean was just standing there watching all this happen. Then for some reason, instead of using telekinesis on him, she jumps on him and gets stabbed, then she remembers her powers and blasts him away.
    Yeah, Jean is trained and she knows Logan well! I don't buy it. He couldn't have killed her, especially last.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He says that he needs to kill Jean, before he knew she was using red dark phoenix.
    Anyway I would think he would had a better way to deal with it than killing Jean again
    That's because he didn't want to deal with his wife coming back when he is in bliss in the arms of his mistress.

to make things worse kid Cable beat up wolverine.

something was up there

To be honest, the Pale Girl showed that she can posses pretty much everyone and alter their perceptions, so is not impossible that she didn't do the same thing to then that she did to Logan.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nothing to get excited about in X-men. She doesnt do anything but we do get to read her narrate a few pages. She doesnt appear in Wolverine beyond a reference to the last issue

Yu draws her so ugly
    He did a good job with the Brood, but everyone was suffering visually.

Seeing Jean and Scott working together in X-Men continues to rekindle my love for them. Even if it isn't the most extensive character work. I try to resist, but can't.

BANNED

It's stupid that Jean doesn't realize she has telekinesis until after he has gutted her. Like she just watched him kill domino and Quentin. Smh
    Thanks for the clarification! Jean is a stronger mutant than Logan, dunno how she could be killed so easily.
    It's to play up how dangerous Wolverine is. The one negative to the character is that writers like to do stories about Wolverine killing all the X-Men at once as if the majority of the X-Men aren't long-range bombers that would one-shot him before he was within reach.

Like physically how? He's 5'2 with melee powers.

It's almost as bad as the drooling the writers do over Cyclops in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

I'm fine with it. It's in her identity. Just as long as they don't actually wipe her from the board.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-25-2020 at 05:43 PM.

It's weird how Jean doesn't fly or put up tk bubbles in these super deadly situations

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    It's weird how Jean doesn't fly or put up tk bubbles in these super deadly situations
    The way her tk could be used in the same way Sue Storm's hax work

Destroy people internally or snap necks

I guess she can even kill people by damaging their cerebral cortex and overload every nerve synapse in the brain just like Moondragon did to Drax once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's to play up how dangerous Wolverine is. The one negative to the character is that writers like to do stories about Wolverine killing all the X-Men at once as if the majority of the X-Men aren't long-range bombers that would one-shot him before he was within reach.

Like physically how? He's 5'2 with melee powers.

It's almost as bad as the drooling the writers do over Cyclops in that regard.

I'm fine with it. It's in her identity. Just as long as they don't actually wipe her from the board.
    Oh, I’ve always loved a nice Jean death scene but sometimes it’s just too soon and I’m still thinking things might be off in Wolverine. We shall see next issue. He may still be under an illusion or other manipulation.

My big peeve is the reason they had Jean reject the Phoenix - the torturous cycle of death and rebirth but thanks to Xavier she’s in another cycle of death and rebirth. Seems like rejecting the Phoenix was a waste because she didn’t escape it. In PE Jean wanted to die when it was her time and now she’s back to being ok with resurrection. Now without Phoenix death and rebirth is still a part of her story (and part of the story of all mutants).