Page 163 of 432 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 6479

Jean will be in the next Maraurders

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean will be in the next Maraurders

And she's obviously ready to wash any plates coming her way!

I can't take her serious with that clown costume

Imagine if it was her x-men red costume, the serve

Attachment 96907

Damn y’all, HiXman dragging Jean for filth on twitter! I don’t agree but ngl, living for the drama lol

#stillvoting4Jean

Oh my! Now he's just poking the bear.

BANNED

incoming people that can't take a joke in 3 2 1

Attachment 96908

Uhm, Tom Taylor put him in his place

I don't know if he's trolling or just doesn't like Jean but why he is kinda dragging Jean recently did something happen with Jeans fans and him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Attachment 96908

Uhm

I don't know if he's trolling or just doesn't like Jean but why he is kinda dragging Jean recently did something happened with Jeans dans and him?
    he's trolling, that's like the normalicy to his twitter.

BANNED

Hickman called x-stans a variaty of lunatics yet we draw the line at a silly voting?

Attachment 96908

I don't know if he's trolling or just doesn't like Jean but why he is kinda dragging Jean recently did something happen with Jeans fans and him?
    Hickman playfully trolls a lot on twitter. But he did get a lot of push back from fans on twitter after House of X 4 (meaning negative comments/replies - which were not by many of us here but just fans in general so he may have already had a bad experience but I don't think he takes twitter seriously or rabid comic fans).

Oh yeah and Hickman wasn't happy that fans didn't like Jean in the MG costume.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 05-22-2020 at 02:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Hickman playfully trolls a lot on twitter. But he did get a lot of push back from fans on twitter after House of X 4 (meaning negative comments/replies - which were not by many of us here but just fans in general so he may have already had a bad experience but I don't think he takes twitter seriously or rabid comic fans).

Oh yeah and Hickman wasn't happy that fans didn't like Jean in the MG costume.
    what's the source of said unhappiness? because this a clear trolling attempt to mock at the fact everyone is rilled up over a twitter pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    what's the source of said unhappiness? because this a clear trolling attempt to mock at the fact everyone is rilled up over a twitter pool.
    I don't think he hates the character or Jean fans but someone asked if there had been any issues between the two. If you recall after House of X 4 and due to the twitter comments Hickman was getting the X-Men Monday guy scolded Jean fans in his next column (though I'd argue it wasn't just mega Jean fans who were upset with the portrayal but a lot of general X-men fans). Also in another X-men Monday interview Hickman said he was disappointed with fans not being happy with the Marvel Girl look for Jean.

Hickman also trolled fans about the Marvel Girl look once before when he created his 'free the thighs' meme.

I was just giving context to the question but no I don't think he has any animosity for the character or the fans. He's just being playful as usual.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 05-22-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Hickman also trolled fans about the Marvel Girl look one before when he created his free the thighs meme.
    ”Free the thighs.” Ugh. I know it is a joke, but it is quite misogynistic. A joke that belongs in a fraternity.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    ”Free the thighs.” Ugh. I know it is a joke, but it is quite misogynistic. A joke that belongs in a fraternity.
    I do agree.

I said once before on this forum (right after House of X 4 came out) that I think Hickman writes male and female characters very differently. Needless to say it didn't go over well, but I think he writes male voices as very strong and with bravado and a certain type of swagger and his female characters for the most part feel very different than the male characters.

My example was the catty exchange between Emma and Jean in X-men 3. Could we imagine Wolverine and Scott talking to each other in such a way? How about Emma's personality or the stereotypical Mr. Sinister flamboyant "gay coded villain" personality for Scott or Logan? It would never happen.

There is a different quality - as subjective as it may be between how he writes the guys vs the women. Granted so far his Storm is pretty good, and I've read through some of his other works (Fantastic Four and Black Monday Murders) and I still maintain that he writes male characters typically better. I said the same about Rosenberg (he did well with the voices of Scott and Logan but not so much others like Jean or Emma). Time will tell about how Hickman handles Jean in the long run.

BANNED

Attachment 96908

Hix is a Cyclops poster i.e. Jean should be somewhere cowering, not competing with Thor lol

Granted so far his Storm is pretty good
    Is it though? You mean dialogue at the resurrection ceremony?
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-22-2020 at 06:05 PM.