Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    Cable isnt Jean's child from another time. Rachel and Nate are. But I dont know why many are so confused of Jean's and Cables relationship when adoption and step parents exists in the real world. Jean raised Cable in a post apocalyptic world for 12 years and she even has Maddies memories. Jean being motherly to Cable isnt something I find weird, its natural given the history between the two. To the contrary, I find it weird that Jean seems somewhat nonchalant when Cable died when she used to have flashbacks of her raising Nathan when she sees Cable in a near death situation lol

Rachel is a bit more complicated because she's from another timeline and both of them were adults when they first met. Their relationship was rocky at first, understandably so, but I think their issues has been resolved so while I dont think Rachel has the same bond to Jean like Cable does, I think it make sense that Jean will have maternal feelings towards her. Same with Nate
    She wasnt nonchalant when he died. She was pissed and vowed to find out who murdered him and make that person pay. That emotion was quenched when she learned that Cable killed himself and she became affectionate towards the teen version who is only a few years removed from she was forced to leave him. From that point, grieving older Cable became less of an issue bc she still had him around, albeit at a younger age, but he wasnt truly gone. We saw an insight into her head in terms of Cable's death in the Exterminated issue when she helped Hope through her grief
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-25-2020 at 09:44 AM.