Page 19 of 432 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I honestly like her skirt. It's the attitude that it is supposed to represent regression that annoys me, as she is the last character that needs to be looking back and going backwards.

I'd like it more if the mask looked like wings, sorta like this.

I also think it's weird she's calling herself Marvel Girl again. She's a grown woman.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i would LOVE to be jean called Marvel Woman and have her own comic series
    we can be heroes, just for one day

While X-men Red was good, and Taylor had Jean be powerful, capable, and confident I still prefer Grant Morrison's version of the character. None has eclipsed that version in my mind. I also loved Jean's overall characterization in the X-factor years and the original Claremont years.

The Bendis era with Teen Jean was also great. I also loved Hopeless' voice for Jean (I know many here did not but ya'll still wrong lol).

Percy so far is doing a great job. I love his Jean but she's more of a supporting character so it is hard to compare to Taylor's X-men Red where Jean was the lead character.

I anticipate Jean's upcoming appearances in Hickman's X-men. She does appear on at least two covers coming up. Of course she is also set to appear in Wolverine and Giant Sized X-men in February. We have a lot of issues to be excited about.

BANNED

jean just needs pants and the material of the dress needs to be more like leather or any tougher material with more weight, perhaps parts of it can be shiny and with a difrent shade of green, so it looks like a superhero costume and not an ugly h&M Dress

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    jean just needs pants and the material of the dress needs to be more like leather or any tougher material with more weight, perhaps parts of it can be shiny and with a difrent shade of green, so it looks like a superhero costume and not an ugly h&M Dress
    Lmao. like this? Art by VinnySAart

BANNED

yeah the whole dress needs difrent textures and compositions, lighter and flowy in the skirt, bulkier in the rest, when it's all one type of fabric it makes it look so cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    yeah the whole dress needs difrent textures and compositions, lighter and flowy in the skirt, bulkier in the rest, when it's all one type of fabric it makes it look so cheap
    Yes. Jean cosplaying as Marvel Girl wasn't Hickman's brightest idea.

Those kitchen gloves need to go too.
    God, I hate everything about that look and codename, It's ok for the 70s, not 2020.

While the fact that she's wearing a dress does kinda bother me, the dress itself isn't the biggest problem when it comes to the aesthetic. I hate the mask, and for some reason people starting drawing it extra big, and then the gloves and boots that were originally skintight also became super loose for some reason.......

Why in the world a TK would want to wear a mini skirt? To show her panties when she levitates or when she's fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Why in the world a TK would want to wear a mini skirt? To show her panties when she levitates or when she's fighting?
    Lol, so she could continually practice her TK in keeping the skirt down to prevent a panty-viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Lol, so she could continually practice her TK in keeping the skirt down to prevent a panty-viewing.
    Jean has to flash underwear with all the flying she does in that skirt in X-force. Jean is a liberated person so she doesn’t care for the pearl clutchers- it’s just under clothing.

I agree the mask and gloves are the real problem. I wonder who thought it was a good idea to give Jean this blast from the past look.

I just read an online article stating the Phoenix may be returning to the X-Men comics, so maybe that is why Jean is in her pre-Phoenix costume? This time the Phoenix will bond with Jean instead of replacing her? Maybe they will do it right and by-pass the DP part this time? Guess we will have to stay tuned.................

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I just read an online article stating the Phoenix may be returning to the X-Men comics, so maybe that is why Jean is in her pre-Phoenix costume? This time the Phoenix will bond with Jean instead of replacing her? Maybe they will do it right and by-pass the DP part this time? Guess we will have to stay tuned.................
    I kinda feel like they should touch on the fact that... Jean right now is essentially the same as Phoenix Jean: A perfect copy of her body and memories and personality. When Jean came back she was adamant in saying that her Phoenix-made self didn't count and wasn't really her, but her current self is the same thing(as are all the resurrected mutants in Krakoa).