Page 20 of 432 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I kinda feel like they should touch on the fact that... Jean right now is essentially the same as Phoenix Jean: A perfect copy of her body and memories and personality. When Jean came back she was adamant in saying that her Phoenix-made self didn't count and wasn't really her, but her current self is the same thing(as are all the resurrected mutants in Krakoa).
    A member here pointed this out to JDW on twitter , that by today’s logic with the cloned bodies and mind/memory back up Jean and Phoenix were the same but he just stated that by conclusion of Inferno that they were the same character (the portion of Jean that was in the Phoenix copy/merger was returned to her).

To me if your body is copied and your memories /mind transferred them it is you because our soul is what is in our brains.

Edit: I’m on my phone and don’t type well on phones.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    A member here pointed this out to JDW on twitter , that by today’s logic with the cloned bodies and mind/memory back up Jean and Phoenix were the same but he just stated that by conclusion of Inferno that they were the same character (the portion of Jean that was in the Phoenix copy/merger was returned to her).
    JDW has said that a few times already, on other times he got asked about the original Phoenix retcon. But I mean... It's not that simple. She also absorded Madelyne and I don't think you can say Madelyne is the same person as Jean. And she got double personalities that then left and she initially said that the memories didn't felt like hers anymore(though later on when she's actually on the moon she thinks otherwise).

And besides that even after that they still kept mentioning Phoenix-Jean as someone different for the rest of the '80s and '90s.

Jean has to flash underwear with all the flying she does in that skirt in X-force. Jean is a liberated person so she doesn’t care for the pearl clutchers- it’s just under clothing.

I agree the mask and gloves are the real problem. I wonder who thought it was a good idea to give Jean this blast from the past look.
    Women that can fly shouldn't use Skirts.

Mask and gloves are easily the worst part of the costume.

Funny that the age of x-men dress is a much better design

Another cover with her on marvel girl costume
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-17-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Skirts can be cute I just don't like Jean wearing a mini skirt. They aren't ugly but I just don't think it is Jean's style

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    No he didn't. Jean wasn't treated as the star of HOX/POX because she didn't go OMEGA and her fans have been acting like Hickman hates her. Some also threw a fit cause she went back to her old costume (it's been said that there will be an explanation later on since Hickman loves planting seeds and the audience loves complaining about not having been spoiled about the next few years of storylines).

She is being treated great in Dawn of X and has come off as a strong person with authority and agency. I didn't think XFORCE would fit her but actually think it does now. Can't wait to see the XFORCE writer continue showing her kicking butt.

Is that why? I thought it was because she seemed to come off as a regression of the character based on all the things she experienced since being resurrected back in 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Mahmud Asrar

I never appreciated XM:R as much as I should have, I always felt that the first issue was the best of the bunch. The absolute BEST way to usher Jean back into the fold of things.

While X-men Red was good, and Taylor had Jean be powerful, capable, and confident I still prefer Grant Morrison's version of the character. None has eclipsed that version in my mind. I also loved Jean's overall characterization in the X-factor years and the original Claremont years.

The Bendis era with Teen Jean was also great. I also loved Hopeless' voice for Jean (I know many here did not but ya'll still wrong lol).

Percy so far is doing a great job. I love his Jean but she's more of a supporting character so it is hard to compare to Taylor's X-men Red where Jean was the lead character.

I anticipate Jean's upcoming appearances in Hickman's X-men. She does appear on at least two covers coming up. Of course she is also set to appear in Wolverine and Giant Sized X-men in February. We have a lot of issues to be excited about.

Unpopular opinion but I was never really a fan of Bendis' Jeen I can appreciate what he did for the character and how adamant he was concerning pushing her. But she never felt like Jean to me and it had a lot to do with the writing. He doesn't explain things thoroughly he kinda just has things happen, and his Jeen was polarizing for the sake of being polarizing imo.

And this second opinion is one I've expressed ad nauseam, but Morrison's Jean is the standard I measure all Jean's against. She was confident, assured, and complex in a way I don't think most writers view her. She wasn't one thing she was multiple, and as a fan of Jean it was refreshing to see Jean get the treatment her peers receive consistently. I LOVE what Percy is doing but given the scope of the story and cast and absolutely okay with her role as he's making an effort to write her as more than the support.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Skirts can be cute I just don't like Jean wearing a mini skirt. They aren't ugly but I just don't think it is Jean's style
    I am thinking that with the current "reset" of characters, Jean's mind is stuck in the 1970's for some reason, maybe at the point just before becoming Phoenix. That would explain her choice of costume. Hopefully, we will get more info on this soon.

Well at least the costume doesn't look too bad in that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am thinking that with the current "reset" of characters, Jean's mind is stuck in the 1970's for some reason, maybe at the point just before becoming Phoenix. That would explain her choice of costume.
    Lord of all the things, why the Marvel Girl dress, she couldn't have at least gotten an update?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    JDW has said that a few times already, on other times he got asked about the original Phoenix retcon. But I mean... It's not that simple. She also absorded Madelyne and I don't think you can say Madelyne is the same person as Jean. And she got double personalities that then left and she initially said that the memories didn't felt like hers anymore(though later on when she's actually on the moon she thinks otherwise).

And besides that even after that they still kept mentioning Phoenix-Jean as someone different for the rest of the '80s and '90s.
    There are nuances certainly and yet by the story Maddie was wakened by the part of Jean that was a part of Phoenix so each were incarnations and extensions of Jean. If Maddie and Phoenix weren’t Jean or part of her then what about these cloned bodies in Krakoa? Are they mere copies or the same person? So far the story says they are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Women that can fly shouldn't use Skirts.

Mask and gloves are easily the worst part of the costume.

Funny that the age of x-men dress is a much better design

Another cover with her on marvel girl costume
    Children of the atom? A new book / team? I love the inclusion of Angel and Gambit.

There are nuances certainly and yet by the story Maddie was wakened by the part of Jean that was a part of Phoenix so each were incarnations and extensions of Jean. If Maddie and Phoenix weren’t Jean or part of her then what about these cloned bodies in Krakoa? Are they mere copies or the same person? So far the story says they are the same.
    In my own opinion/interpretation, Phoenix-Jean counts as really Jean, but not Madelyne. Because Madelyne had her own separate personality and life experiences and (fake)memories, while Phoenix-Jean was the exact same as original Jean.

BANNED

okay i have my costume dream, so basically this:

with a colour scheme close to this:

Jean with a cape? Y/N

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Jean with a cape? Y/N
    I love capes, Emma's AXM is literally one of my favorite designs in all comics. That said, Jean should not have a cape imo.

I responded to RB Silva’s announcement post regarding Jean still wearing her Marvel Girl uniform. I asked about her new costume and he simply responded with: “Not yet. :/” So there’s that.