Page 322 of 432 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 6479

Jean is in the GS issue!

LOL...I continue to love how Dautermann continues to refuse to draw that MG suit. She looks so good here

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Jean Grey who came back in Phoenix Resurrection is dead and in the afterlife. Empire X-Men addresses this. One if the mutants summoned by Wanda and turned into a zombie meets the clone of himself created by the Krakoa process/the 5.

We even see some clones like Domino have edited memories. Granted she requested this.

Honestly, Jeen was popular. There was no need to send the o5 back. Adult Jean could have remained dead until Marvel was comfortable with her being Phoenix.

Now we’ll have to wait till next year to see if there’s a new Phoenix story for Jean.
    The O5 had to go back. Their presence would have created a mess for HoX and their plotline needed to be resolved before Hickman took over. Im glad Jean came back when she did bc X-men Red was the best work done with her since Morrison's run. It was well worth her return and I wouldnt have traded that for anything
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-21-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Loving how much exposure Dauterman is giving to her yellow/green “Red” suit, I PRAY that this will encourage more artists to draw her in this costume rather than the MG skirt. She looks like a confidence commanding WOMAN in Dauterman’s design!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean is in the GS issue!

LOL...I continue to love how Dautermann continues to refuse to draw that MG suit. She looks so good here
    Well I had no doubt she would, cause it's clearly a continuation of the first issue. I love her and Storm's faces here, you can just see Emma said something inappropriate and they're cringing at her lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well I had no doubt she would, cause it's clearly a continuation of the first issue. I love her and Storm's faces here, you can just see Emma said something inappropriate and they're cringing at her lol.
    I had doubts after the Fantomex issue as she wasnt a part of the team that Storm had assembled in that. Now she and Emma are randomly back and Monet is in a different costume...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Loving how much exposure Dauterman is giving to her yellow/green “Red” suit, I PRAY that this will encourage more artists to draw her in this costume rather than the MG skirt. She looks like a confidence commanding WOMAN in Dauterman’s design!
    Yes. Dauterman is a Jean & Ororo fan, so I think he will always to put them in their best light possible.
    In Jean's case, that means "not in the Mini-skirted Masked Marvel thing"

I had doubts after the Fantomex issue as she wasnt a part of the team that Storm had assembled in that. Now she and Emma are randomly back and Monet is in a different costume...lol
    I think she's probably not on the team as there's more pages without her, she might just be here for this scene and maybe another one towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Yes. Dauterman is a Jean & Ororo fan, so I think he will always to put them in their best light possible.
    In Jean's case, that means "not in the Mini-skirted Masked Marvel thing"
    It’s a bit confusing… all these costumes from different periods… like she chooses her clothes randomly from her wardrobe.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Swords of X preview she has her marvel girl costume :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It’s a bit confusing… all these costumes from different periods… like she chooses her clothes randomly from her wardrobe.
    Its not so random. She always wears the MG suit. She only ventures outside of that when Dautermann draws her which isnt nearly enough

BANNED

Jean is in the GS issue!

The O5 had to go back. Their presence would have created a mess for HoX and their plotline needed to be resolved before Hickman took over. Im glad Jean came back when she did bc X-men Red was the best work done with her since Morrison's run. It was well worth her return and I wouldnt have traded that for anything
    I think Marcel was considering Hickman’s rum as early as Phoenix Resurrection. Obviously Phoenix/Jean would have curb stomped Nate Grey and with the XMem around, you would have had al those murdered mutants and the need for Krakoa. Similarly, Magik who could have stopped all this was infected by the rams mode virus and then turned into the completely demonic Darkchylde to have her out of the picture as she could have stopped this. The Abenfere totally do nothing, so that when the XMen are back they will want their own nation and to cut ties. Now there are no mutant Avengers.

The only Avenger and XMan who have a friendship these days are Dr. Strange and Magik’

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I.... what are you on about?

She didn't appear in one issue of X-Force and has skipped maybe one other issue of that title. Jean was actively present before Krakoa in Marvelous X-Men, X-Men Red, and X-Men Blue, not to mention All New X-Men, Extraordinary X-Men, Old Man Logan, All New Wolverine, and No More Humans as well as ultimate Jean and AoA Jean. Before 616 Jean died she had an active presence in New X-Men, featured in X-Treme and books outside of the line. During the Revo era she was a team headliner and featured in X-Men Forever, and then there was her active presence throughout the rest of the early and late 90s, including mini's that she headlined alongside her husband and teams that she led her co-led. Even when she was dead some version of Jean appeared a lot and that's just in comics. She also consistently appeared in outside media the entire time she was dead - X-Men Evo, X-Men Legends 1 & 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, Wolverine and the X-Men, the Iron Man cartoon, superhero squad, etc.

You can say what you will about the quality of her appearances but to say she hasn't ever appeared a lot outside of the time he was dead is just plain wrong.
    I'm not trying to slight her. If you count them up, she has appeared less than other major characters. And while Teen Jean was definitely, thankfully, the center of attention in All-New, that was years ago. There literally isn't much Jean-specific to talk about right now. We're just waiting for her next move in X-Gorce.

Jean is in the GS issue!

Russ is awesome.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 08-21-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i love that storm is willing to fight emma, lol
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Its not so random. She always wears the MG suit. She only ventures outside of that when Dautermann draws her which isnt nearly enough
    So this Dautermann is somewhat a rebel and her Jean looks more “rebellious”…?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

So this Dautermann is somewhat a rebel and her Jean looks more “rebellious”…?
    It's more that Hickman said that super-hero suits were Mutants cloths nows :

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hickman
    OK, so one of my big rules is that mutants wear mutant clothes and not human ones. If you think about it, we have all of these amazing costumes that these characters have worn over the years, just a sea of them (and, sure, some are bad and we won’t be using them, but for the most part, the X-Line has had some of the best designs in the history of the medium). Also, in the story that we’re telling, it’s just completely logical that Storm would have a closet full of Storm costumes and not yoga pants and sweaters.

That's the point. Any X-man/woman could wear different suits in different books :

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hickman
    OK, so one of my big rules is that mutants wear mutant clothes and not human ones. (...) Anyway, we’re going to be leaving a lot of that up to the creative teams of the books. But you shouldn’t be surprised to see Storm wearing a Coipel outfit in one book and a Cockrum one in another or the Lee one in another.
    Source : https://aiptcomics.com/2019/05/20/x-...-cool-cyclops/

It seems that only Dauterman got the note. Or Dauterman has good taste.
    Last edited by franckd; 08-22-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Incredible Member

I hope we'll seemore of Jean, and see her other former costumes, the Marvel girl one is too girly while Jean is a woman.
    Last edited by mogwen; 08-22-2020 at 01:43 PM.