Page 146 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    THIS run and relationship is what inspired a lot of my re-imaginings. What if Logan's attachment to Jean wasn't sexually driven, but paternal? What if his animosity to Scott wasn't because he saw Scott as a rival for Jean, but rather not right for her? That he always saw they held each other back, and wanted the best for both?

But people seem to like younger virile Logan and weird creepy ships.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    THIS run and relationship is what inspired a lot of my re-imaginings. What if Logan's attachment to Jean wasn't sexually driven, but paternal? What if his animosity to Scott wasn't because he saw Scott as a rival for Jean, but rather not right for her? That he always saw they held each other back, and wanted the best for both?

‘Younger, virile Logan’ is still over a century older than her.

Meh. Regardless of how old Logan is, Jean is an adult on her late 20's or so. I think it's such a reach to say that it's creepy.

I prefer Jean to be single but if she has to be in a romance with Cyclops I prefer them having their own things going on. I think back to the original Blue and Gold Team. In the Gold Team issues we often saw Jean going on missions and being a vital member of the team and Scott did not appear as much. She was mostly free from him in the first several issues.

Of course she continued to guest star in the Blue team book (and that is where most of the drama happened and eventually the wedding issue).

If the characters are together romantically now it is the same thing: Scott is busy on his missions in the X-men book and Jean is busy being a member of the quiet council and being a member of X-force. We don't get a lot of the boring relationship stuff. People point that they are together but Jean does have her own room (which I know a lot of married couples that have their own room so it may or may not mean anything).

I think we should continue not knowing if they are or aren't together for a good while longer before they settle it and drag Jean back into a full time relationship with Scott Summers (because it most likely will happen eventually).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I, too, want Jean and Scott in a place where they have their own things and don't need to be in each other's orbit constantly. I can take or leave the open relationship hinting, but... yeah.

That said I'd like to see MORE relationship stuff between Jean and Scott but that's my shipper heart speaking.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I, too, want Jean and Scott in a place where they have their own things and don't need to be in each other's orbit constantly. I can take or leave the open relationship hinting, but... yeah.

That said I'd like to see MORE relationship stuff between Jean and Scott but that's my shipper heart speaking.
    As always I'm conflicted because Scott and Jean are my fav characters so even if I don't want them together if they are done well I will love it. I love Scott/Jean episodes on X-men Evolution. I've always liked them working together some. I just don't want one to overshadow the other and that sometimes happens to women characters in fiction.

This looks a lot like Evolution that Logan was a teacher and there wasn't any involvement with Jean.
    I like it much more

younger virile Logan still is like 80 years old. That is his secret, he is always old bub

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    As always I'm conflicted because Scott and Jean are my fav characters so even if I don't want them together if they are done well I will love it. I love Scott/Jean episodes on X-men Evolution. I've always liked them working together some. I just don't want one to overshadow the other and that sometimes happens to women characters in fiction.
    I agree. I don't want them to exclusively be working apart from one another; I'd love to see them working with one another too at times, but it's important that they each have their own things going on so that one doesn't overshadow the other. Jean technically has the larger, more important role in the long run of X-Men as a member of the Quiet Council and then she also has her membership in X-Force, but Scott is the lead of the flagship title so sometimes it doesn't feel entirely balanced.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If Scott got away with years without Jean by his side, jean can get the same treatment,
    Scott is really toxic for Jean character development

I think this is a really interesting way of looking at their relationship and I genuinely think there's truth to the paternal element, we know Logan at least subconsciously loves a father figure moment. that said I think its impossible to explore their relationship from this angle without the sexual aspect of their ...whatever... rearing its head , its been too deeply ingrained into their continuity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I prefer Jean to be single but if she has to be in a romance with Cyclops I prefer them having their own things going on. I think back to the original Blue and Gold Team. In the Gold Team issues we often saw Jean going on missions and being a vital member of the team and Scott did not appear as much. She was mostly free from him in the first several issues.

Of course she continued to guest star in the Blue team book (and that is where most of the drama happened and eventually the wedding issue).
    I think this kind of narrative arrangement is when Jean and Scott are at their best as a couple as well. Especially at this point in time when it feels like their relationship has been through everything and then some I don't necessarily want or need to see it go through more . I like reading about their partnership but when it becomes The Focus of their arcs its tired, we need to move on from it. I don't really care what they are as long as they're both thriving (as characters in a developmental sense - not that their lives are advancing flawlessly), and I see that potential in Hickman's potential poly set-up

I like seeing Jean do her thing on X-Force, her Quiet Council role in other books like Hellions, and showing up in X-Men for the odd guest spot. It gives a great opportunity for us to see all these interesting sides of her and she isn't just pigeonholed as "the girl on Scott's arm every few issues" - on paper its perfect. In practice the results have been decent if occasionally underwhelming but I know they could be worse so I won't push my luck lol

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I think this is a really interesting way of looking at their relationship and I genuinely think there's truth to the paternal element, we know Logan at least subconsciously loves a father figure moment. that said I think its impossible to explore their relationship from this angle without the sexual aspect of their ...whatever... rearing its head , its been too deeply ingrained into their continuity at this point

I think this kind of narrative arrangement is when Jean and Scott are at their best as a couple as well. Especially at this point in time when it feels like their relationship has been through everything and then some I don't necessarily want or need to see it go through more . I like reading about their partnership but when it becomes The Focus of their arcs its tired, we need to move on from it. I don't really care what they are as long as they're both thriving (as characters in a developmental sense - not that their lives are advancing flawlessly), and I see that potential in Hickman's potential poly set-up

I like seeing Jean do her thing on X-Force, her Quiet Council role in other books like Hellions, and showing up in X-Men for the odd guest spot. It gives a great opportunity for us to see all these interesting sides of her and she isn't just pigeonholed as "the girl on Scott's arm every few issues" - on paper its perfect. In practice the results have been decent if occasionally underwhelming but I know they could be worse so I won't push my luck lol
    there isn't a poly set up. Hickman at this point is just trolling, as I said before he doesn't write romance.
    if people are expecting something there, they won't find it.

And jean deserves much better emma was responsible for her going dark phoenix, Scott cheated on her with Emma, Logan harassed her.

I just meant "poly set-up" as in whatever their current situation is, maybe I should've been more specific. His trolling/subtext/whatever you want to call it is all we have to go on. Im pretty sure we agree on the front that Hickman doesn't do romance lol..

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I always thought Leigh Allyn Baker was the best. She was Jean's voice in X-Men Legends, and I thought she did wonderful. A lot of compassion and warmth.

All of this the hands down best voice actor Jean's had imo, Jean's portrayal in X-men Legends 1 is one of my all time favorite across media. They combined her kindness, assertiveness, and power in such a natural way. Having her as Alison's guide and welcoming her into the X-men.

Leigh Allyn, followed closely by Jennifer Hale whose my favorite modern voice actor. Katherine Disher, I'll always remember fondly she's the first voice I heard for Jean as a kid. Unfortunately, the writers gave her not much to work with, however her Dark Phoenix voice gives me chills she sold the transformation.

Honorable mentions to Venus Terzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    She looked so badass and like a bad b*tch during that era
    Ugh, I'm obssessed with this era, it boggles the mind that Jean wasn't Morrison's favorite. It's a statement to his writing because he captured modern Jean in a way better than anyone has since.

BANNED

Nothing creepy about classic Logan and Jean, and one of the advantages of it is that the ship doesn't **** on Jean constantly.

That he was shown to somehow be able to kill her with his little cutting powers was nonsense but at least it didn't do any damage to her character.

BANNED

I think the part of it you where you are missing is that was Teen Jean and Wolverine is a character who has proteges similar to her version. Jean Grey in her 30s probably going to end up the way it is. Jean and Logan had a lot of development after Claremont until Jean died. Percy is also bringing the same like Morrison as friends but the Logan stabbing is weirdly toxic now and then.