Page 263 of 432 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    you are no copying me. I want to know what Claremont has anything to do with Hickman or Percy?

he is holding a gun into their heads so they have to hook up jean with Logan?

you are trying to bait me with Star wars, it won't work
    1 - You blame Morrison for everything bad. In the fantasy land of your mind, he's even the one who had the power to keep Jean dead for 14 years, because of a deal he had with Marvel (still in your fantasy land). So yes, I blame CC for everything to be ironic. I know, don't get it.

2 - Why would they limit a character from things he did under Claremont? You are so full of hate for the character that you want him to be punished forever lol. Spoiler alert : you're not God. You're not a judge. You're not a lawyer. You're not Jean's mother. You're just a reader. You have no influence what so ever. Be a big girl, stop crying and eat your cookie (no pun intended)

3 - Fake news (me being ironic again. You won't get it)

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    1 - You blame Morrison for everything bad. In the fantasy land of your mind, he's even the one who had the power te keep Jean dead for 14 years, because of a deal ha had with Marvel (still in your fantasy land). So yes, I blame CC for everything to be ironic. I know, don't get it.

2 - Why would they limit a character from things he did under Claremont? You are so full of hate for the character that you want him to be punished forever lol. Spoiler alert : you're not God. You're not a judge. You're not a lawyer. You're not Jean's mother. You're just a reader. You have no influence what so ever. Be a big girl, stop crying and eat your cookie (no pun intended)

3 - Fake news (me being ironic again. You won't get it)
    1 but morrison in fact killed jean in the worst way just to prop up his faves

2 I said anything about a character being punished forever. I just asking people to move on from toxic nostalgia

1 but morrison in fact killed jean in the worst way just to prop up his faves

2 I said anything about a character being punished forever. I just asking people to move on from toxic nostalgia
    Toxic... Yeah, that's the new word anyone can use when he/she doesn't like something. Of that vicious cancel culture...

Sure, Morrison killed Jean. Claremont too you know. The difference is that Morrison left a opened door to bring back Jean (the Phoenix egg on the moon) and Marvel just ignored it because THEY didn't want Jean back.

Toxic... Yeah, that's the new word anyone can use when he/she doesn't like something. Of that vicious cancel culture...

Sure, Morrison killed Jean. Claremont to you know. The difference is that Morrison left a opened door to bring back Jean (the Phoenix egg on the moon) and Marvel just ignore it because THEY didn't want Jean back.
    I don't care if morrison left a open for her ressurrect, he still fridged a female chaarcter because he thought she was a bad wife;

sure toxic is toxic, people just don't want to deal that their ship is toxic

I don't care if morrison left a open for her ressurrect, he still fridged a female chaarcter because he thought she was a bad wife;

sure toxic is toxic, people just don't want to deal that their ship is toxic
    I thought interviews were not canon... How can I dance with you, when you chance the rules whenever it pleases you.
    You know what, toxic is subjective. Some people think that gay people are toxic. Some people think that black people are toxic. Some people think hat nostalgia is Toxic.
    Nostalgia is whatever you want it to be. There are many articles explaining the benefits and traps of nostalgia. Most studies proves that nostalgia brings more good than bad.

I thought interviews were not canon... How can I dance with you, when you chance the rules whenever it pleases you.
    You know what, toxic is subjective. Some people think that gay people are toxic. Some people think that black people are toxic. Some people think hat nostalgia is Toxic.
    Nostalgia is whatever you want it to be. There are many articles explaining the benefits and traps of nostalgia. Most studies proves that nostalgia brings more good than bad.
    It is on page. That is why peope talk that jean wasn't right for Scott, that she hold him back and deserve to be dead.
    people ddin't read the interview, they read the books and got that message. the interview just explain that

nostalgia is thinking because two chaarcters kissed on a distant past, that they should kiss now and everything is perfect

It is on page. That is why peope talk that jean wasn't right for Scott, that she hold him back and deserve to be dead.
    people ddin't read the interview, they read the books and got that message. the interview just explain that

nostalgia is thinking because two chaarcters kissed on a distant past, that they should kiss now and everything is perfect
    I was there. Most fans who said Jean was holding back Scott never liked Jean. Many were Emma Fans, Scemma fans, Scott fans. Not all. Not the majority. But many.
    But that was the only point of view. Many other fans treated Scott as the bad husband, cheating on his wife, kissing Emma on her grave. That's on paper too. And people saw it too : see, you're not proving a point. You're just comforting your own view with selective memory.

As I said, nostalgia is whatever you want it to be. Good. Bad. You hate Jean being with Logan. So let's call it nostalgia. Or Toxic. Whatever feeds you.
    Now you have two choices : move on or turn this thread in a opinion battlefield. Fact is people are sick of it. Sick of you. Sick of me. Stop your constant Hickman/Morrison and now Percy bashing. You have shared your opinion (and lies) many times. Let's talk about Jean.

A film from the 70's
    Damn Leila, she's such a sexual predator. I can't wait for the movie to have a warning! How can that harasser be the hero of the new Trilogy??!!
    You didn’t show the pleased look of Luke, afterwards…
    Consent is a delicate matter.
    If Leia is guilty, it is of giving him false hopes…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I was there. Most fans who said Jean was holding back Scott never liked Jean. Many were Emma Fans, Scemma fans, Scott fans. Not all. Not the majority. But many.
    But that was the only point of view. Many other fans treated Scott as the bad husband, cheating on his wife, kissing Emma on her grave. That's on paper too. And people saw it too : see, you're not proving a point. You're just comforting your own view with selective memory.

As I said, nostalgia is whatever you want it to be. Good. Bad. You hate Jean being with Logan. So let's call it nostalgia. Or Toxic. Whatever feeds you.
    Now you have two choices : move on or turn this thread in a opinion battlefield. Fact is people are sick of it. Sick of you. Sick of me. Stop your constant Hickman/Morrison and now Percy bashing. You have shared your opinion (and lies) many times. Let's talk about Jean.
    there wasn't fans of scemma before Morrison (unless they time traveled), so it was his writing that made people ship them and hate Jean.
    just corroborate with what I wrote

nostalgia is live on the past instead of going forward, for decades jean went forward and now she is backwards again

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Actually, I think all kids who saw that movie were never shocked by the kiss. But shocked by the revelation that Leila & Luke are sis & bro ^^
    They didn't know themselves at the time (and Lucas too I think)

Makes me wonder, in many romantic movies, a guy or a girl kiss the other without asking, without being sure. Are they all sexual abusers?

Damn it. I really want to focus on Jean again. So lets do it.

I really love Percy's writing for Jean. She's complex and not 1 dimensional. She's confidents yet have doubts. She's strong and powerful and yet still prefers to find better ways than killing.
    I love how Percy plays with her powers. It's original, and stands beyond the frames : her use of power to recreate a crime scene. The way she coupled her powers with others to make them all more efficient. Percy is really creative with her power display. It reminds me of Morrison, when she started to attack the U-Men. Moving their food up and down their bodies. Descontructing them suits and equipment... Percy os so far very good with Jean. I obviously don't want her to quit either the team or the book.

there wasn't fans of scemma before Morrison (unless they time traveled), so it was his writing that made people ship them and hate Jean.
    just corroborate with what I wrote

nostalgia is live on the past instead of going forward,
    for decades jean went forward and now she is backwards again
    NO. Or as you say : nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    i don't think there is nothing complicate about consent.

Claremont is the same age as my mother, of course they hold some disturbing views on relationships. These writers are all younger, claim to be modern but put the same old sexism on their comics
    But... how is Percy perpetuating sexism? If a new fan (or even one that started reading within the last 10 years) had this as their first exposure to Jean all they would see is a badass and competent women. Logan doesn’t harass Jean in this issue and she’s the one who pursues him. Also, she clearly still has her strong moral compass based on her interactions with Beast.

I noticed that my Kitty using the n-word example was ignored so I’ll use a romantic comparison instead. Superman used to mistreat Lois all the time in older comics, because that was viewed as socially acceptable. Now they have one of the few healthy and lasting marriages in comics. These characters aren’t only reflections of the people writing them, but of the time period that they were written in. If I go back and examine all the problematic stuff comic book characters did back in the day and scrutinized them for it, then I would probably have a very small reading list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    But... how is Percy perpetuating sexism? If a new fan (or even one that started reading within the last 10 years) had this as their first exposure to Jean all they would see is a badass and competent women. Logan doesn’t harass Jean in this issue and she’s the one who pursues him. Also, she clearly still has her strong moral compass based on her interactions with Beast.

I noticed that my Kitty using the n-word example was ignored so I’ll use a romantic comparison instead. Superman used to mistreat Lois all the time in older comics, because that was viewed as socially acceptable. Now they have one of the few healthy and lasting marriages in comics. These characters aren’t only reflections of the people writing them, but of the time period that they were written in. If I go back and examine all the problematic stuff comic book characters did back in the day and scrutinized them for it, then I would probably have a very small reading list.
    new fan can still google the images and that is wrong, I got in comics some years ago and easyly saw that Logan and jean was messed uo. Really what is the problem of people that can't let it go from a toxic relationship?
    It's on the past, writers need to move on with the modern times.
    oh a chaarcter being badass doesn't make it less abusive.

i'm big fan of Lois and Clark, but Superman was a a-hole on silver age to everyone: jimmy, his counsin.

it is no longer on continuity, there was at least 2 reboots after that. i don't see how this has any relationship with Logan and jean.

I think pym and janet is a better case.

BANNED

Actually, I think all kids who saw that movie were never shocked by the kiss. But shocked by the revelation that Leila & Luke are sis & bro ^^
    They didn't know themselves at the time (and Lucas too I think)

Makes me wonder, in many romantic movies, a guy or a girl kiss the other without asking, without being sure. Are they all sexual abusers?

Damn it. I really want to focus on Jean again. So lets do it.

I really love Percy's writing for Jean. She's complex and not 1 dimensional. She's confidents yet have doubts. She's strong and powerful and yet still prefers to find better ways than killing.
    I love how Percy plays with her powers. It's original, and stands beyond the frames : her use of power to recreate a crime scene. The way she coupled her powers with others to make them all more efficient. Percy is really creative with her power display. It reminds me of Morrison, when she started to attack the U-Men. Moving their food up and down their bodies. Descontructing them suits and equipment... Percy os so far very good with Jean. I obviously don't want her to quit either the team or the book.

NO. Or as you say : nah.
    I pretty much want Jean to go wherever Percy goes at this point.

X-Force? Sure.

When he inevitably gets the flagship when Hickman is done? Of course.

If he goes to write Avengers? Yep.

If he takes a run on Squirrel Girl? No doubt.

I knew whe he said Jean was gonna "**** **** up" that we were in capable hands.

i'm pretty much done with percy, never liked him on titans or green arrow book. Now I know why: he is pure nostalgia. He almost tricked me into thinking he could write jean well.
    more of the same writing her to cause drama for the male character she is dating and regressing the character for decades.

bring Taylor back
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-10-2020 at 11:12 AM.