Page 46 of 432 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I thought she was solid. A good supporting character in a book that builds on the roles she established in other books. I feel like some are reading too much into their interactions. She carried herself primarily as his close friend, which she has always been, even outside the old love triangle plots. I think that shows one of Jean's greatest strengths. She can be friends with pretty much anyone, including someone like Logan. That's what makes her so lovable.
    I agree. I saw the interaction as a deep friendship but I’m sure others will see more. I do think it is intentional that they are teasing the possibility of something more. I like that Jean has a lot of meaningful friendships.

Fantastic Member

I think Percy wrote Jean and Logan's emotional engagement very well.

These two are very tight and when written in-character, Jean Grey is one of the most important people in the world to Logan.

I really wish we could get a different costume or that Hickman would get on with whatever subplot he cooked up, that warranted pulling out the Mask and Mini Skirt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think Jean as Phoenix could work on Earth in stories---but that would take writers with some imagination. And we cannot have that!

I have always wanted Jean as Phoenix to have cosmic stories as well, exploring the cosmos and helping those in need with all of the power at Jean's disposal. It just seems like common sense.
    It could have worked perfectly in XMen Red: where Jean wasn’t about just using raw force. Look how powerful she was in Redmond. She just sought other ways than violence. She could have been Phoenix. Ditto Krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sadly at this point the phoenix is reduced to a power up that makes his host bad.
    Jean being Phoenix could work but it needs a big canvas, something epic and the X-men stuff is most of the time to bounded to earth for a cosmic force. Maybe the bigger Marvel universe would be a better place for that.
    Since Marvel retains when they want to, just have them forget crap like AvX. The Goblin Queen is coming back. No reason Jean cannot be on Ohorbix. Plus there are sorcerers and god to fight on Earth.

In the original Phoenix story and most of the Morrison Jean did not use the full Phoenix power. It was available on when certain save the universe things needed to be done. Otherwise she was powerful. But certainly not all powerful. The heights of her powers were when she was the universe from destruction and when she became white Phoenix of the crown to save the universe. Not even the Dark Phoenix was that powerful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I think Percy wrote Jean and Logan's emotional engagement very well.

These two are very tight and when written in-character, Jean Grey is one of the most important people in the world to Logan.

I really wish we could get a different costume or that Hickman would get on with whatever subplot he cooked up, that warranted pulling out the Mask and Mini Skirt.
    Hopefully it takes places this year and she moved into a better outfit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Since Marvel retains when they want to, just have them forget crap like AvX. The Goblin Queen is coming back. No reason Jean cannot be on Ohorbix. Plus there are sorcerers and god to fight on Earth.

In the original Phoenix story and most of the Morrison Jean did not use the full Phoenix power. It was available on when certain save the universe things needed to be done. Otherwise she was powerful. But certainly not all powerful. The heights of her powers were when she was the universe from destruction and when she became white Phoenix of the crown to save the universe. Not even the Dark Phoenix was that powerful.
    I think they should do what Alan Davis did during Excalibur and put a Limit on what she can use of the Phoenix. And if they use the Version of the Phoenix from Excalibur and not the one from the last years I would be very happy^^

Fantastic Member

my issue with the phoenix returning to Jean, is that the question of who did the feat? was it Jean or was it the phoenix, and downgrades Jean to a powerful mutant on her own.
    If they have to amp up Jean's power, then just pick up where Teen Jean left off and go from there and explore her Omega-ness. Also on Annual X-Men Red, she stated that she was holding back because of the Phoenix.
    So these 2 premises should be sufficient. Marvel has not really explored what a true Omega Mutant really meant in Hickman world, all speculation. They need to start showing the power gaps between an Omega vs non-Omega mutant.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There's a two page lettered prev of GSXM: Jean and Emma over at AiPT
    It looks stunning!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    There's a two page lettered prev of GSXM: Jean and Emma over at AiPT
    It looks stunning!!!
    Can u put in a link? I dont know what aipt is.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    my issue with the phoenix returning to Jean, is that the question of who did the feat? was it Jean or was it the phoenix, and downgrades Jean to a powerful mutant on her own.
    If they have to amp up Jean's power, then just pick up where Teen Jean left off and go from there and explore her Omega-ness. Also on Annual X-Men Red, she stated that she was holding back because of the Phoenix.
    So these 2 premises should be sufficient. Marvel has not really explored what a true Omega Mutant really meant in Hickman world, all speculation. They need to start showing the power gaps between an Omega vs non-Omega mutant.
    I can sort of see the argument, but I don't think the phoenix ever took anything away from Jean or Rachel. For example it is already accepted that they are extremely powerful characters in their own rights as mutant psionics. In Morrison's run we read about Jean Grey who was very powerful and her telekinetic powers were expanding. I never thought "Oh, it sucks she's powerful but it isn't her it is the phoenix". The great thing about Jean is that she's an omega level mutant in her own right. The Phoenix just adds something to her. It was something Claremont designed for her (and later Rachel). It is too bad that so many others writers have tainted it. I thought the Morrison version was definitive and the closest to matching Claremont's take. However, it wasn't to be and other writers preferred the Excalibur version - the cosmic trickster/manipulator or worse yet the cosmic std version that possesses everyone.

I do think that it will be a long time before we see the Phoenix again and they may keep it far from Jean. I've just always had a soft spot for Jean as the Phoenix. The Morrison version is my absolute favorite and throughout her history in comics, movies, cartoons, and video games Jean has an intimate connection to the Phoenix power.

I do wish the developments from teen Jean had lasted because it would have given Jean a replacement for the phoenix imagery in the form of the "pink power form". I like the idea of Jean being able to combine her tp and tk. It is something that JDW says the character still can do but prefers not to (as it was something she did as a kid - their way of saying we aren't using it anymore).

When it comes to feats Jean has plenty sans Phoenix (google the awesome respect thread on ComicVine). I'm not concerned about feats because the character already has great ones (both as Phoenix and without). Jean is now an omega level telepath, but I suppose the only times she's reached omega level tk is as the Phoenix (which I liked Morrison's version -Jean is an "A" grade telekinetic talent plugged into a cosmic power source which to me meant she was basically plugged into a battery).

Characters like DarkStar aren't looked down on because she can access the dark force. I don't think fans traditionally judged Rachel because she accessed the Phoenix force (and a lot of her big feats were as Phoenix). The latest FF/X-Men issue has Reed theorize that Franklin may access the 'godpower', does that take away from his mutant powers if he accesses an external force? Does it discredit Jean or Rachel that they were once the Phoenix?

Again, I love that Jean is powerful in her own right. That is something I am glad they did considering all the retcons and messiness of the Phoenix. I still love the flicker of fire in Jean's hair and eyes, though.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I was curious to see how she looked with other colors. I get why they chose the green, but the blue doesn't look bad.

Blue does look good. I do like the green and yellow but the green they chose is a bit off. It could be darker imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I was curious to see how she looked with other colors. I get why they chose the green, but the blue doesn't look bad.
    It's really looking more blue now

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The costume looks so much better on blue and yellow.
    But I still liked it more on red and blue

Dauterman's Jean is perfection.

My one edit would be to make the yellow parts black. Green, red (her hair), and black look great together. But I'm not complaining!