Page 78 of 432 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Sure, but Jean is dead and sidelined so much, it's so tired and I get fans being resentful for it
    There is this. Yeah Jean was dead for too long too be sidelined or bad written this way.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I always think it's sad when people care only about their fav, when X-Men was always about a team.
    I'm not judging those fans, but I think they're missing the biggest picture here.

For me, the stories are more important than an character spotlight or panel time. HoX/PoX was amazing, even if Jean was not a big part of it. Like many, many other X characters.

It seems now that many fans want things fast, now, and how they like. It's sad.
    And then there is this thing too: I would get benefit of doubt if I didn't knew writers love to benefit their own favorites.

the other thing is how the same characters always get the spotlight: Scott, Kitty, Emma...
    Only jean fans need to freaking wait the hell out
    ok storm fans also suffer...

Let's get it right X-men haven't been a team cast for some time.

I htink that people are tired for wait and get dissapointed
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-11-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Sure, but Jean is dead and sidelined so much, it's so tired and I get fans being resentful for it
    All of this, I could see an argument, "Jean fans always want Jean in spotlight", if she wasn't dead for fourteen years. Even after returning she was only featured in one book, before eventually rolling out into other books and events. But she's never been given anything of substance to do, I could care less about Jean being a star. What I've always advocated for is her being present, in relation to characters and interactions that are her own. Storm is in the exact same boat, they are never given the same consistent attention as their peers, we can discuss POX/HOX being great while having problems with how some characters are portrayed.

This is the Jean Grey Appreciation Thread the one place that her fans can discuss her character, but that aside this has always been an issue with the character. Imagine the idea of Jean forming actual relationships with her children and friends being an issue whereas apparently other characters can have these relationships and form new ones every month.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There is this. Yeah Jean was dead for too long too be sidelined or bad written this way.

And then there is this thing too: I would get benefit of doubt if I didn't knew writers love to benefit their own favorites.

the other thing is how the same characters always get the spotlight: Scott, Kitty, Emma...
    Only jean fans need to freaking wait the hell out
    ok storm fans also suffer...

Let's get it right X-men haven't been a team cast for some time.

I htink that people are tired for wait and get dissapointed
    Which bothers me so much about the assumption Jean fans only want her as the focus, literally the same handful of characters have been used on and off for over a decade. With a few of the younger generation, or new creation thrown in, everyone else are interchangeable in their interactions and contributions to stories.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-11-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

She was on X-men today, it was nothing super great but it was something

Jason Aaron is using the Phoenix again and it's making me REEEEEE in anger and rage. I'm just tired of him, can be stop touching the Xmythos, he's already ruined Thor

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I liked it. I'll give Hickman credit in that she actually appeared competent for a change and she got some nice combat in

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Which bothers me so much about the assumption Jean fans only want her as the focus, literally the same handful of characters have been used on and off for over a decade. With a few of the younger generation, or new creation thrown in, everyone else are interchangeable in their interactions and contributions to stories.
    That is why I find funny when people say that x-men is a team book, when it hasn't been true for many years.
    Same chaarcters constantly getting spotlight get in my nerves, then you Bring Jean and is like "what about that 11 issues of xmen Red?" That was 2 freaking years ago

Well ok if Jean isn't the star, if we got more diverse cast and true team books, but instead writers write like 2 or 3 characters well and the rest are backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It was much better than what he was doing, still more of a supporting

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I enjoyed Jean's role in X-Men today. It was supportive, but that doesn't mean it wasn't important. It has me excited for the next issue. She looked great too!

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Jason Aaron is using the Phoenix again and it's making me REEEEEE in anger and rage. I'm just tired of him, can be stop touching the Xmythos, he's already ruined Thor
    iDK if Aaron planned to use Jean and Hickman arrived and he had to change, she was name dropped on the first issues. This is like 3rd time he uses it without Jean. I even question if he had any intention of using Jean... or if she will ever show up on his avengers run.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I always think it's sad when people care only about their fav, when X-Men was always about a team.
    I'm not judging those fans, but I think they're missing the biggest picture here.

For me, the stories are more important than an character spotlight or panel time. HoX/PoX was amazing, even if Jean was not a big part of it. Like many, many other X characters.

It seems now that many fans want things fast, now, and how they like. It's sad.
    I completely understand what you’re saying and I do care about the X-men as a whole. The problem for me is I am not enjoying Hickman ‘s content at all. I won’t call it bad because clearly a ton of people enjoy it.

But in times of content that I don’t enjoy, my favorite character is the only tether I have to it.

Edit* X-men 8 today actually felt like a great issue, so I did purchase that and read it and enjoyed it.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Regarding issue 8 today (spoilers below)

Anytime multiple space species get involved in the story I can’t help but anticipate a fun role with jean,
    . Kree, shiar, brood... dark Phoenix saga anyone?

Not saying I think something will happen, it just invokes good memories.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Yeah... I really enjoyed Xmen today. The Summers family in space is one of my favorite things in the world.
    With Jean likely meeting Gladiator, I wonder if the trial of Jean grey will be brought up. And her PINK MODE!!! lol, doubt that. Heck I'd love of end of greys is referenced.

With the Phoenix in horizon and Phoenix blade on the teaser for X of swords, and them meeting the shiar, I hope Rachel and Jean have great roles in the stories

I really enjoyed today’s X-Men issue. Scott was great per usual and it’s always good to see Alex. Jean had a small but important role. I loved that she was useful. She used both of her powers. I love seeing Jean and Scott fighting together - or being on the field together.

30 telepaths huh? It must be the most common mutant power after all. I wish they could decrease that number.

Jean still looks wild in that outfit going on space missions.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 03-11-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    The Phoenix is no longer under the control of the X-Office. It has essentially been stolen by the Avengers Office. Once AvX happened the Phoenix as a concept and idea was corrupted and stolen to enhance future non-X stories for Marvel. Example: Avengers, Thanos, Thor, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The Phoenix is no longer under the control of the X-Office. It has essentially been stolen by the Avengers Office. Once AvX happened the Phoenix as a concept and idea was corrupted and stolen to enhance future non-X stories for Marvel. Example: Avengers, Thanos, Thor, etc.
    I was hoping JDW or Hickman could get it back, but they may not have any plans for it. I mean the Phoenix was briefly back during the Jean Grey solo and Phoenix Resurrection.

Aaron has plans and we will see where it leads. The Phoenix is already so messed up that a lot of fans , even Jean as Phoenix fans hate it or want a long break from it.

The different offices may share it , the Phoenix blade may be in play soon (or it was misdirection- the art with Rachel carrying it).

It's been 3 issues of X-Men I have been truly enjoying. It was good the see the broods (and poor acantis) and as a few Jean fans said, Hickman did good with the character today.