Page 171 of 432 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 6479

I would die! love her and her energy so much
    AnnaSophia Robb or Lulu Wilson as teen jean would be cool...Is Amy Adams "too old" for Jean ? She's probably way done with franchises though

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I would die! love her and her energy so much
    AnnaSophia Robb or Lulu Wilson as teen jean would be cool...Is Amy Adams "too old" for Jean ? She's probably way done with franchises though
    I hate to age shame but yes Amy Adams is too old for Jean. She was too old for Lois Lane (not talking about age per se but def. the appearance of age).

I like the idea of younger actors and actresses being cast so they can potentially do more movies before they age out. Sophie was good as Jean but i think we need a better actor to play her (no shade because I do like Turner and I was a big Game of Thrones fan).

Dakota Johnson, yikes and no.

I'm not sure who I would like to play Jean. We probably need a younger actress who is relatively new.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    LOL...I LOVE him!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

i'm starting to really like Jane Levy as like, a Jean that is still in her 20s or early 30s and figuring stuff out.

As for a teenage Jean, I'm honestly not super sure? There's like, Rachel Lillis or maybe Danielle Rose Russell with a dye job.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    i'm starting to really like Jane Levy as like, a Jean that is still in her 20s or early 30s and figuring stuff out.

As for a teenage Jean, I'm honestly not super sure? There's like, Rachel Lillis or maybe Danielle Rose Russell with a dye job.

These all seem to be good choices!

I most like Deborah Ann Wohl as a young 20's Jean!!

Deborah has Jean's build, is sexy as hell, and has the long red hair! She can act and I could see her as a Jean who has learned about her powers and who is skilled in their usage.

Abigail Cowen could be a good choice for an early 20s Jean

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

Dakota Johnson, yikes and no.
    loll she has chops but honestly I'd rather save her for kooky Lorna anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

I'd love love love Jane for Jean . She's so underrated

All I know is that whenever i see somebody as the top voted choice for a character on mycast.io I usually get set against them for the role.

Currently my old hard rules are 1) No GoT actors, and 2) No Stranger Things actors.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The best part was when Cassandra Nova couldn't affect Jean's mind, even when she put down her defenses. Nova tried to tear apart her mind but couldn't do anything, then Nova attacked when Jean's mind was over stretched and undefended but couldn't do anything and had to attack Rachel instead (despite talking about how she was going to use the opportunity to take out Jean directly).

Honestly after seen this Jean Grey, this new Marvel Girl as the writer pretends us to call her, is a downgrade.

On re-read I appreciate XM:R a lot more Jean was presented as Morrison Jean, post modern inflection, loved her compassion but it may have gotten away from Taylor at several points. He had a fundamental understanding of the character and that's all I can ask for. Yet everything afterwards has been an unintentional "downgrade." I do have hope Hickman has plans for Galactus and Phoenix!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    All I know is that whenever i see somebody as the top voted choice for a character on mycast.io I usually get set against them for the role.

Currently my old hard rules are 1) No GoT actors, and 2) No Stranger Things actors.
    I agree. I hate when movies cast actors based on their current relevancy because it makes it impossible to buy them as the character they’re supposed to be portraying. I know the MCU usually goes for people with some celebrity status, but I kind of wish they would find some young, unknown actress to play Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I most like Deborah Ann Wohl as a young 20's Jean!!

Deborah has Jean's build, is sexy as hell, and has the long red hair! She can act and I could see her as a Jean who has learned about her powers and who is skilled in their usage.
    Deborah Ann Wohl is great! She is 35 years old, so she would make a really good mature Jean as well.

I love Jane Levy, but she is quite short. (Sorry.)

If they had made the X-Men movie in the early 90s, Mädchen Amick would have been a really great Jean.

In her late 40s she has gotten blond and somehow transformed into Emma Frost however. (If Morrison hadn’t retconned her age and made her younger.)

So maybe this means that Emma and Jean are two sides of the same coin ...?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    1) No GoT actors, and 2) No Stranger Things actors.
    ugh I know right . at least when the mcu casts big names they usually aren't just notable for the fad du jour

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    If they had made the X-Men movie in the early 90s, Mädchen Amick would have been a really great Jean.

In her late 40s she has gotten blond and somehow transformed into Emma Frost however. (If Morrison hadn’t retconned her age and made her younger.)

So maybe this means that Emma and Jean are two sides of the same coin ...?

I love Madchen but idk if I'd ever be able to buy her as Jean . Maybe I just fried my brain from too many Peaks rewatches

I would looove her as Emma. I feel like there's too much of a push to cast Emma young/under thirty
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-30-2020 at 03:33 PM.

BANNED

Yeah...Abigail's got the look.

Jean, just about ready to let the dangerous side out:

Beautiful and terrifying, like our girl.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-30-2020 at 08:23 PM.

She's really pretty and looks the part enough but idk if she's a good actress.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She's really pretty and looks the part enough but idk if she's a good actress.
    That's also my concern.

She's going to be leading her own show soon, guess we'll know then.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey