Page 62 of 432 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Anyone know where this scene comes from? I only know she has a similar costume in uxm#262-263
    Last edited by RABUMALAL; 03-01-2020 at 04:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RABUMALAL View Post
    Anyone know where this scene comes from? I only know she has a similar costume in uxm#262-263
    What the hell is going on with her spine

BANNED

That looks like early 90s X-Factor costume.

I think it is Teressa. Fairly certain it is not Jean.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What the hell is going on with her spine
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    That looks like early 90s X-Factor costume.
    The 90's would explain everything in that picture.

BANNED

that siryn, the first pumpkn spice latte x-men enjoyin the leaves

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The 90's would explain everything in that picture.
    Yeah but there are gold and revolution costumes for Jean from 90's as well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think it is Teressa. Fairly certain it is not Jean.
    You are correct.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Whaaaaaaat I made such a big mistake, I never saw siryn once worn that costume, which issue is that anyway?

BANNED

Whaaaaaaat I made such a big mistake, I never saw siryn once worn that costume, which issue is that anyway?
    one of the x-force's, no idea wich tho

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, I know you're literally late on the books, but I meant more as in that the ship has sailed already on the whole theories of there being something wrong with Jean thing lol.
    This ship has even sunk.

It's from X-Force #19, the aftermath of The X-Cuitioner's Song and losing Cable

Other team members were in the X-training uniform as well

Attachment 93946

Attachment 93947

Attachment 93948

Yes, that's Siryn. It's an X-force issue. Right after X-Cutioner's Song when X-Force was being held at the mansion. I think it's issue 19 or so when they get the iconic 90s Greg Capullo costumes.

Attachment 93949
    Last edited by WhiteHotRoom; 03-01-2020 at 08:58 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I still think Jean fans are being overdramatic in their Hickman hate. He made/kept her an omega and put her on the Quiet council where she made one of the three laws. I know she panicked on the Orchis mission which I admit was a bit OOC but she was keeping telepathic contact so what she was feeling leading up to her death (ie feeling everyone else's deaths) was crucial to selling the "no more" moment. Compare that to most of the other X-men like Beast, Colossus, Rogue, etc.

X-Force is giving us some of Jean's righteous fury. She made the initiative to start X-Force and answered an important question there about selfishness/selflessness when death is meaningless. Yeah the dress sucks (I still love the mask though), but Dauterman's efforts in GSX might inspire more of that outfit. She's also on some covers.
    The problem with the Orchis mission being what leads Jean yo make that rule is the fact that if anything, she only does it because she heard about what happened. We know now that anyone on the Orchis mission was too far out of Cerebro's range to store and as a result they don't remember any of it. Whatever personal stakes you think Jean had in creating that rule, she unfortunately did not.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The problem with the Orchis mission being what leads Jean yo make that rule is the fact that if anything, she only does it because she heard about what happened. We know now that anyone on the Orchis mission was too far out of Cerebro's range to store and as a result they don't remember any of it. Whatever personal stakes you think Jean had in creating that rule, she unfortunately did not.
    While that is true, but Jean before departing for the mission was worried about the human members of the space station crew. Jean without remembering the specific mission still has the same views, etc. I don't see how it affects much. I do wish they had established it was Jean's role to not only make connection with the island but with Xavier who was using Cerebro. Jean should have been their backup to keep their memories/minds current. But alas, that didn't happen.

The best way to view the Orchis Jean fiasco is that she was injured, she was under psychic strain, and she was in contact with the X-men minds as they died and that is traumatic. That and the artist may have over exaggerated Jean's face during those panels which added to the idea that Jean was freaking out. Plus Jean is very powerful but she often doesn't know her own strength - so she may have been uneasy about maintaining the connection herself (which she does go on to do).