Page 367 of 432 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 6479
    BANNED

I think Jean is well past the "Marvel Girl" name for current use.

Jean should be "Phoenix" but without the Phoenix power, that seems hollow. I feel Jean needs a NEW, unique name. But just what that name should be, well, that is the difficult part! (Which is probably why Marvel never gave her a new one). Nothing too long or unwieldy. Something which denotes power,[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx9;5208167]

I’m pretty sure she’s not getting a new code name. She’s going to stay Marvel Girl until they decide to make her Phoenix. I think Hickman’s reconceptializing of the X-Men meant that she had to be Marcel Gjrl as Hickman essentially rewrote the past of the X-Men and has later plans for the Phoenix. I think Hickman’s stories are meant to be basis for MCU X-Men. Living on Krakoa, different society, resurrection. This is to differentiate them from the failed Fox X-Men.

Hickman took time to fully bring Otherworld, Arrako, Saturnyne, and other cosmic elements into the fold. He has moved further into combining mutants with magic. Apocalypse has become a sorcerer and now we see Selene who was always a mutant sorceress. Magik has become bigger too. Look at X of Swords. The Shi’ar are next.

Also I think she is brought back as Marvel Girl to reestablish her. X-Men Res had her as a leader. But Hickman, when he rebooted the X-Men temporarily focused on the visions of Xavier, Apocalypse, Moira, and Magneto and the younger X-Men were pushed to the side for awhile. We’re only now really seeing the younger ones truly get to do things. And yes the first t third teams of X-Men I am calling younger.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 10-28-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Ah, I like that idea! I am OK with Jean becoming Phoenix, rather than a new lame code name. After all, Jean is Phoenix! I just wish they would get to it!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-28-2020 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Put 'em all in one place.

Attachment 101802
    The fourth one would be my fave if not for the ponytail.

How do y'all feel about the name Marvel Woman? It's a little clunky but I also think it would show growth without Jean going back to being called Phoenix.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Put 'em all in one place.

Attachment 101802
    Really like the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    How do y'all feel about the name Marvel Woman? It's a little clunky but I also think it would show growth without Jean going back to being called Phoenix.
    I wouldn't mind it. Marvel Girl doesn't really bother me too much, and it's hardly ever used, but Marvel Woman would work much better for where Jean is now as a character.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The fourth one would be my fave if not for the ponytail.
    I made one without the pony too! I only included that one so that it was a different head than the others.

Captain Jean 3.png
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I made one without the pony too! I only included that one so that it was a different head than the others.

Captain Jean 3.png
    This is my favorite!!!! Very fitting for a Marvel Woman!!! Thanks for giving her a headdress and not a cowl! Free flowing hair forever!

Fan art...Sorry I couldn't find who did it
    Jean looks very beautiful..♡_♡
    Last edited by jorge17881; 10-28-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    This is my favorite!!!! Very fitting for a Marvel Woman!!! Thanks for giving her a headdress and not a cowl! Free flowing hair forever!
    Thank you!! Cowls are icky haha.

Looks like Jean is appearing in King in Black, and she looks great.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    She is perfectly fine as Jean Grey

Will there be any mention of the young jean?
    She already had her clash with the symbiotics

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She is perfectly fine as Jean Grey
    Gelato is very good but I like chocolate syrup on top of it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Captain Jean 3.png
    Perfect! I really think something similar to the Phoenix costume but with the 90's inspired headgear would be the best costume for her. I didn't use to like the headgear much but after the Red costume I feel like it should become her "thing", kinda like Magneto's helmet, Wanda/Polaris with their headpieces, etc.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Will there be any mention of the young jean?
    She already had her clash with the symbiotics
    I doubt it will even be hinted at, as with most things concerning Jeen, it will be forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Perfect! I really think something similar to the Phoenix costume but with the 90's inspired headgear would be the best costume for her. I didn't use to like the headgear much but after the Red costume I feel like it should become her "thing", kinda like Magneto's helmet, Wanda/Polaris with their headpieces, etc.
    I don't like the headpiece as a specific part of the costume but I think that the way that the Red costume had it as separate was a good call, so that's what I did here and what I would do if I actually gave her a new design. It should basically be like Lorna/Wanda/Ororo's tiaras.

I'd also be okay with her getting an ACTUAL tiara that gives her the same silhouette as the Marvel Girl mask with the pointed edges.

I did a design based on Jean as "Mutant Royalty" / a Quiet Councilor to replace the dress as is with the idea of giving her a sort of tiara too:

Queen Jean.png