Page 259 of 432 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

QTF

As for this ever "spiraling the drain" conversation on Jean and Logan, spirit is entitled to her fantasy world where Jean is real and so on. Can we change topic to where we think Jean goes next based on her "leaving" X-Force and where else she would be useful?
    That taylor gonna pick up jean and retcon this no-sense.

or that she gonna be on Avengers to stop namor using Phoenix.

Suer it is me that asy that a fictional character has agency as if sheral presone was a real person

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Eh, New 52 started 2 years before that. If I ignore 9th issue everything compared to what Hickman did is far better than Bendis. Bendis is only hyped because he was writing several comics and events like AOU.
    new 52 was one year before bendis and was still going strong. While rebirth was more than 3 years before Hickman and going very bad now.

Hickman got a lot more hype on x-men than Bendis and still can't beat bendis

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    Well, it was that they changed the approach for years so that Jean is the one who takes the initiative in that way, it stops being harassment or creepy and becomes attraction, consent or empowerment. As some have called it.

in fact there is a film critic who talks about how the media allowed this behavior by changing certain words or actions in the characters. It is very similar to the comments I have read in these hours.
    Well just because they write different now, it doesn't erase what happened before as it still on continuity. it even make it a lot more abusive, as she accept that behavior.
    It's a normalization of sexual harassment, zero empowerment.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-09-2020 at 02:38 PM.

X-force 10 was actually an amazing issue for Jean and her best showing in like 2 years. Its sad that 95% of the discussion has been abut who she is kissing as if she didnt have a great feat, exhibit the passionate fire that most have found lacking and showed so many aspects to her personality. Can we please focus on that and stop trying to go back and forth with Spirit about Logan, which frankly has gone nowhere

I cant wait till X-Force #11 but ugh, the wait will be tortuous. Hopefully she is resurrected in the next Wolverine issue bc that means Percy will get her again

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That taylor gonna pick up jean and retcon this no-sense.

or that she gonna be on Avengers to stop namor using Phoenix.

Suer it is me that asy that a fictional character has agency as if sheral presone was a real person

new 52 was one year before bendis and was still going strong. While rebirth was more than 3 years before Hickman and going very bad now.

Well just because they write different now, it doesn't erase what happened before as it still on continuity. it even make it a lot more abusive, as she accept that behavior.

completely agree. It is not okay to normalize what is not normal.
    Last edited by v_jeovanne; 07-09-2020 at 02:46 PM.

BANNED

What? Marvel Now happened 2 years after New 52. And top of that Bendis was PUSHED like Hell with AvX or AoU and STILL, AvX didn't even cross with PoX/HoX with all it together.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-09-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X-force 10 was actually an amazing issue for Jean and her best showing in like 2 years. Its sad that 95% of the discussion has been abut who she is kissing as if she didnt have a great feat, exhibit the passionate fire that most have found lacking and showed so many aspects to her personality. Can we please focus on that and stop trying to go back and forth with Spirit about Logan, which frankly has gone nowhere

I cant wait till X-Force #11 but ugh, the wait will be tortuous. Hopefully she is resurrected in the next Wolverine issue bc that means Percy will get her again
    Amen to that!

What? Marvel Now happened 2 years after New 52. And top of that Bendis was PUSHED like Hell with AvX or AoU and STILL it didn't cross PoX/HoX
    new 52 2011, marvel now 2012

HOXPOX was the event of summer last year, they presented it on sandiego comic con. It had a huge promotion
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-09-2020 at 02:50 PM.

BANNED

new 52 2011, marvel now 2012

HOXPOX was the event of summer last year, they presented it on sandiego comic con. It had a huge promotion
    Lmao If you are being such outlier Avengers film released that month or so. Still, Hickman>Bendis HoX/PoX sold better than AvX

Lmao If you are being such outlier Avengers film released that month or so. Still, Hickman>Bendis HoX/PoX sold better than AvX
    whata avengers movie have anything to do with a x-men book? this i sreaching. I think bendis was a lot better with characters.
    he wrote Jeen a lot better and was willing to do different things with her.

BANNED

whata avengers movie have anything to do with a x-men book? this i sreaching. I think bendis was a lot better with characters
    Because Bendis was overhyped with everything he had with Avengers, AvX, Marvel Now, and AoU. Avengers vs X-Men had Avengers written on it. STILL AvX sold less than PoX/HoX

haha really funny trying to compare me with these type of people
    Oh, you are unmistakably that type of person. LOL.

You might not have the same views as a COVID denier, or a religious dinosaur denier for that matter, but you are exactly the type of person that believes his own b.s. rather than facts. Sorry to break it to you. It’s okay, however. I’ve come to find you highly entertaining in your delusion and even hypocrisy, so please carry on...

BANNED

whata avengers movie have anything to do with a x-men book? this i sreaching. I think bendis was a lot better with characters.
    he wrote Jeen a lot better and was willing to do different things with her.
    Yeah right. Why don't you ask this CBR Community about how X-Men were written over the past decade

me delusional? suuuuure

i just have canons instead of head canons and i don't condone sexual assault
    The issue is that you pick and choose what’s “canon” versus what’s actually shown on the page (which is the definition of what’s canon) and you consider everything sexual assault (including scenes that clearly aren’t) or condoning sexual assault. Hell, me arguing with you right now is probably akin to my condoning sexual assault in your mind!

But that’s okay, you just keep doing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Good advice. Good advice. Have to keep reminding myself. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The issue is that you pick and choose what’s “canon” versus what’s actually shown on the page (which is the definition of what’s canon) and you consider everything sexual assault (including scenes that clearly aren’t) or condoning sexual assault. Hell, me arguing with you right now is probably akin to my condoning sexual assault in your mind!

But that’s okay, you just keep doing you.
    I don't do that. i'm very impartial different from what shippers do.

prople basically said that sexual harassment didn't happened because it was 1980 and that I should erase that.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-09-2020 at 03:48 PM.

BANNED

Now I seemed to realize the fact that X-Men was continually selling semi-monthly from February to March. Its kinda obvious that it would affect the sales.