Page 174 of 245 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3675
  1. #2596
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Well I was thinking along the lines similar to the rumors where we start with 05 but something happens where they have to recruit others and by the end you have a newly formed team. It could be like Giant Size 1 where it’s more about the new diverse team than the 05 (who spend most of the time captured).

    There are so many iterations of the team it will be interesting to see who they pick to start with. Who are the quintessential X-men and will they want to go with different characters than we’ve already seen in other X-men films? To me the must haves are Storm, Wolverine and Cyclops. I want to put Jean in the list too.
    thats pretty much it. Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine and Storm. You can add any combination of 1 or 2 characters to round them out but those are the core 4 to me

    This was one of my favorite lineup from the books



    I could see this with maybe like Nightcrawler in for Cannonball

  2. #2597
    Spectacular Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Well I was thinking along the lines similar to the rumors where we start with 05 but something happens where they have to recruit others and by the end you have a newly formed team. It could be like Giant Size 1 where it’s more about the new diverse team than the 05 (who spend most of the time captured).

    There are so many iterations of the team it will be interesting to see who they pick to start with. Who are the quintessential X-men and will they want to go with different characters than we’ve already seen in other X-men films? To me the must haves are Storm, Wolverine and Cyclops. I want to put Jean in the list too.
    For me the only two characters that I need to see done justice are Cyclops and Storm (mostly Storm). Like you said there are so many other X-Men that could fill the remaining roles.

  3. #2598
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats pretty much it. Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine and Storm. You can add any combination of 1 or 2 characters to round them out but those are the core 4 to me

    This was one of my favorite lineup from the books



    I could see this with maybe like Nightcrawler in for Cannonball
    what issue is that
    we can be heroes, just for one day

  4. #2599
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    what issue is that
    X-men 70. My first issue as a regular reader!


  5. #2600
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    590

    Default

    I loved this era as well even if I didn't care for Maggott.

  6. #2601
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt.

    spoilers:
    So from a scooper extraordinaire it looks like the MCU roster will be a Giant Size inspired team. Cyclops, Storm, Marvel Girl, Thunderbird, Nightrawler, Havok, Sunfire. One of the plots is they fight Omega Flight (alpha flight?) to rescue Weapon X and they also go on a mission to Krakoa. Yes Xavier has a school.
    end of spoilers
    I would not mind this although I would miss spoilers:
    Beast, Angel, Iceman, and Colossus
    end of spoilers.

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Who knows what will happen when we ever get another X-men film. There have been numerous rumors. .

    Personally I would love a movie starting with the original X-men (the actual 05 and not a variant of) but set up the all-new, all-different team by the end (having Scott and Jean stay with the new recruits). This way you include Beast, Iceman, and Angel but also include the more diverse All New, All different team who happens to have the X-men's biggest stars: Wolverine and Storm.

    Considering the direction of the current X-men comics it would be cool to have a Krakoa inspired story for the Marvel X-men films, but they could do a take on it even without Krakoa and have some other reason for the 05 to recruit new members.

    But I expect when we do get a movie the cast will probably be a mix of characters from throughout the comic book runs.
    By the time the X-Men films come out, Krakoa will hopefully not even be a thing anymore in the comics. But if we can get Ego the Living Planet in the MCU, I'd like to see Krakoa as well.

  7. #2602
    All-New Member BluePhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Carlos Pacheco's late 90s art was incredible and to me, quite unique and recognisable (I have his Heroes Return poster framed on my wall) but now... that style is gone . And I miss Jean's power display he perfected in those issues.
    Last edited by BluePhoenix; 06-03-2020 at 03:05 AM.

  8. #2603
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt.

    spoilers:
    So from a scooper extraordinaire it looks like the MCU roster will be a Giant Size inspired team. Cyclops, Storm, Marvel Girl, Thunderbird, Nightrawler, Havok, Sunfire. One of the plots is they fight Omega Flight (alpha flight?) to rescue Weapon X and they also go on a mission to Krakoa. Yes Xavier has a school.
    end of spoilers
    I would like it.

  9. #2604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt.

    spoilers:
    So from a scooper extraordinaire it looks like the MCU roster will be a Giant Size inspired team. Cyclops, Storm, Marvel Girl, Thunderbird, Nightrawler, Havok, Sunfire. One of the plots is they fight Omega Flight (alpha flight?) to rescue Weapon X and they also go on a mission to Krakoa. Yes Xavier has a school.
    end of spoilers
    I'd love to see this as the main team, but I think it's way too early for details like this to be finalized. There's probably a lot that will change between now and when we get some actual details on the X-Men in the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  10. #2605
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    636

    Default

    One thing i am missing from current books, i would like to see more interaction between Nightcrawler and Jean. Anyone else you ant to see Jean spend more time with?

  11. #2606
    Incredible Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    One thing i am missing from current books, i would like to see more interaction between Nightcrawler and Jean. Anyone else you ant to see Jean spend more time with?
    I love Kurt and Jean together, they strike me as good friends, but Id, really, really like Jean and Ororo to get more screen time.

  12. #2607
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,365

    Default

    The Spring branch of the QC have their own book. I motion that the Summer branch get their own as well

  13. #2608
    Incredible Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Spring branch of the QC have their own book. I motion that the Summer branch get their own as well
    I second that motion.

  14. #2609
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,365

    Default

    Who would make up the cast of such a book? I'd kill for it to be a sequel of X-men Red with the QC getting the focus that Jean got and Tom Taylor back

    Jean
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Trinary
    Gentle
    Angel
    Monet

    Not sure what premise I could see for it, but I'd be down

  15. #2610
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who would make up the cast of such a book? I'd kill for it to be a sequel of X-men Red with the QC getting the focus that Jean got and Tom Taylor back

    Jean
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Trinary
    Gentle
    Angel
    Monet

    Not sure what premise I could see for it, but I'd be down
    You have great ideas. I would love a team like this. Storm and Jean work so great together. I miss X-men Red more than I thought I would and I loved the hopeful feel to the book. As much as I like Jean in X-force with her having to deal with questionable situations I think Jean belongs in a hopeful and inspiring book ultimately (we don't know how long she will remain in the book or when the next status quo change will occur under the Hickman era).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •