Page 404 of 432 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Did the young jean face this Knull too? Are they the same symbiotics of this Black saga?
    When the event ends up with Jean entering in her pink form and absorbs all the psychic energy of these aliens yup

and then i woke up

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I prefer to say that Jean is the omega level mutant of psionic energy manipulation. It explains the pink form and gives her access to all forms of telekinesis and telepathy, and explains why the Phoenix Force has been said to be a natural part of her mutation.
    I love this, it should really be the official version.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

It would be nice to see the form of the psionic Jean, and put her in a team that can use her power to the fullest. Like, facing forces from outside the Earth

One thing I thought was cool about New X-Men was the cool dialogues that Jean and Prof X. In this saga, everything is so distant
    Last edited by andreikes; 12-04-2020 at 10:28 AM.

yeah, I wanted Jean to interact more with this new Xavier (even if he's weirder than ever)
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 12-04-2020 at 12:07 PM.

I wanted to see resolution to the AXM Annual with Jean learning that Xavier mindwiped her, but alas that was completely skipped and we'll never see that confrontation

BANNED

Hopefully that Annual is regarded as the type of canon we just dont refer to ever. "Xavier is an *******...again" was a tired story 20 years before Matt Rosenberg's tired work.

I do want to see Jean with Xavier and Magneto more too though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    When the event ends up with Jean entering in her pink form and absorbs all the psychic energy of these aliens yup

and then i woke up
    This is why is a mistake get jean as a teenager instead of a adult. It makes mostly of Bendis run be ignored including Jean new powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hopefully that Annual is regarded as the type of canon we just dont refer to ever. "Xavier is an *******...again" was a tired story 20 years before Matt Rosenberg's tired work.

I do want to see Jean with Xavier and Magneto more too though.
    It happened though and it should have been an important character beat for them, which ended up never being addressed. Jean was robbed of her agency and we never got to see her reclaim it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    This is why is a mistake get jean as a teenager instead of a adult. It makes mostly of Bendis run be ignored including Jean new powers.
    The powers are ignored for the same reason she can't be Phoenix: she can't be too capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It happened though and it should have been an important character beat for them, which ended up never being addressed. Jean was robbed of her agency and we never got to see her reclaim it
    I say ignore it just like we ignore him having a crush on her. Dragging the symbol of the X-Men through the mud has never done anything good for the franchise and doesn't add anything to the "the X-Men have outgrown Xavier" stories that faux hip writers trot out every other generation.

It is best to toss it out, along with the "we never really wanted to be X-Men" vibe Rosenberg was getting at overall. Completely yuck and nothing but damaging to the characters and the franchise. Part of the non-additive/destructive junk that Hickman alluded to in early marketing for his run in charge.

We didn't need the first bastard Xavier story, let alone the 10th one.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Clearly in this new era Jean is not holding onto any perceived slights and injustices perpetrated against her.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Clearly in this new era Jean is not holding onto any perceived slights and injustices perpetrated against her.
    She is mostly passive, so it fits the bad characterization

The powers are ignored for the same reason she can't be Phoenix: she can't be too capable.

I say ignore it just like we ignore him having a crush on her. Dragging the symbol of the X-Men through the mud has never done anything good for the franchise and doesn't add anything to the "the X-Men have outgrown Xavier" stories that faux hip writers trot out every other generation.

It is best to toss it out, along with the "we never really wanted to be X-Men" vibe Rosenberg was getting at overall. Completely yuck and nothing but damaging to the characters and the franchise. Part of the non-additive/destructive junk that Hickman alluded to in early marketing for his run in charge.

The crush wasnt ignored. Maybe initially but it was eventually addressed. I dont want to have to wait decades to address what Xavier did to Jean. Its best its done now when its relevant. I dont expect it to, but if it is brought up in some big confrontation between Jean and Xavier, I'll be here for it. You dont want another deceptive Xavier story but he's decieving everyone as he's lied about the basis for what Krakoa was built on. Thats going to have to come out and it would be the best time to reveal him manipulating Jean

BANNED

She can't be the star of the comic.

Things like this kinda of break the magic of the franchise. One thing is have a grey character, other is villified him so much that he becomes a villain.
    It really makes no sense eveybody is following hi on Krakoa

Here's a better look at the upcoming Marvel Legends figure of Jean for the House of X line.
    I wish they had given her a power effect instead of the Krakoan flower. (Cyclops and Prof. X's figures have power effects.)
    I'm still getting the entire House of X line though, haha.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MVSTHMD/

the gloves