Page 39 of 432 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The situation in X-Force very much reminded me of when Jean shut down the mind of MeMe. It wasn't an easy decision for her, but she did it regardless because there wasn't another option.

In regards to the Shadow King's possible appearance in Giant Size X-Men and if Jean ever went against him before...the time after X-tinction Agenda, she did not have her telepathy. In the Muir Island Saga, she had just got her telepathy back, and while still too "raw" to take SK on directly, especially with him amped up by the hate he was generating, and possessing Legion...she was still able to telepathically mask a team of X-Men's presence from his detection.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    In regards to the Shadow King's possible appearance in Giant Size X-Men and if Jean ever went against him before...the time after X-tinction Agenda, she did not have her telepathy. In the Muir Island Saga, she had just got her telepathy back, and while still too "raw" to take SK on directly, especially with him amped up by the hate he was generating, and possessing Legion...she was still able to telepathically mask a team of X-Men's presence from his detection.
    Thanks.

That is definitely a power-showing for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree that Jean shouldn't kill like the others do. I see Jean as someone who doesn't want to hurt anyone but she will do what is necessary to protect those she loves and also to protect innocents. She will use deadly force but she doesn't like to do it and will usually only do it as a last resort.

Re: X-force 6 at first I read it that she was tearing up the plant sentinel folks but Beast does mention having their bodies burned. So Jean probably did atomize/burn them. The art made her powers look fiery. At least Percy recognizes that Jean is also a powerful tk. I am interested in his story in X-force and anticipate Wolverine 1 coming out in a few weeks.

In case anyone cares, Jean sort of makes a cameo in Marauders. There is a quiet council scene and she is in the background. It is a blink and you will miss it.
    Exactly. Beast used to word "burn". And as I said a few days ago, if they were not pink, Jean's power manifestation were very fiery. Maybe there something to exploit here :
    We can make fire with a stick's friction, no? So Jean should be able to make fire with her TK in the same way. It also reminds me the early issue of New X-Men, when Scott asked Jean to think about the molecules around Cassandra Nova, to make them move faster and faster. Jean was kind of vaporizing Nova's armor IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks.

That is definitely a power-showing for Jean.
    No prob...here's a scan

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Ive onky just read latest X Force, so am sure u have missed the conversation / comments / aeguments, but what did people think of Jean killing those people, and how did she do it?

I am nit happy with it but pleased Hean was clearly not happy about being forced into that situation.
    It's good to see that Jean would be upset with killing people. Killing wantonly would go against her nature. Even in the modern status quo, she's the one who came up with the "kill no human" law after all.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Here Comes Tomorrow isn't this Jean. She was a alternate version, and she had that decision to save the world not because she was a scemma shipper.

nice surprise.
    Really nice surprise, love when Jean is used by other writers and in stories she's usually overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Ive onky just read latest X Force, so am sure u have missed the conversation / comments / aeguments, but what did people think of Jean killing those people, and how did she do it?

I am nit happy with it but pleased Hean was clearly not happy about being forced into that situation.
    I thought Percy handled the situation as well as could be expected given circumstances in comic, out of comic death and killing is not something which is unfamiliar to Jean. However as others mentioned, I don't think it should be something she does at the drop of a hat, this was decision that bothered her but more importantly Percy gave her agency. This decision no matter how hard was one Jean chose, and I'm of the mind that the more opportunities we have to see Jean's inner motivations as well as how she processes harder choices.

Honestly, I want more of this, Jean having inner turmoil about certain impossible decisions, what I don't want is Jean to become "edgy" for the sake of being edgy. There's more than enough history for writers to play with wherein Jean has straggled the line without crossing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    No prob...here's a scan

Thanks again!

I like seeing Jean use her power in this way as a "mask". To do that to Shadow King proves how powerful and skilled Jean is with her TP.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks again!

I like seeing Jean use her power in this way as a "mask". To do that to Shadow King proves how powerful and skilled Jean is with her TP.

And the implications that if she were at full strength she could have battled Farouk mind to mind.

nice surprise.
    Love how they did Jean’s power.
    First X-Lady

Jean's Giant size uniform by VinnySAart. The pink phoenixy effect is great

BANNED

Vinnysart is literally getting better before our eyes.

This latest piece is a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Vinnysart is literally getting better before our eyes.

This latest piece is a new level.
    Ha, I actually knew him back when he was starting. He had a Jean facebook page(it's still there, though idk if he's still the one posting) and I was an editor on it. Though he kicked me out because I basically just posted previews and made headers lol. I got bitter and didn't like his art for a while lol.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Jean's Giant size uniform by VinnySAart. The pink phoenixy effect is great

it looks pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    How long does she wear the X uniform? I don’t remember seeing her in it very much.