Page 164 of 432 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 6479

To make it simple : Grant Morrison wrote a great Jean. She was not perfect, she had flaws, she had a temper, she had compassion, and she was embracing her powers.
    So far, Hickman hasn't shown much knowledge or understanding of the character. His Jean is not horrible. But she's not great either.

Now, I am not in his head. So I really can't tell if he's trolling, making fun, or hating the character (and the fanbase). And honestly, I shouldn't care as long as he remains professional and talented in the books. The franchise so far is very good. At least better than it was for more than a decade. So yes, I have decided to trust his intelligence, and I have decided to believe that he (and B.Percy) has great plans for Jean. Again, it is a decision I have made to be faithful. Then, only time will tell.
    Last edited by franckd; 05-22-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hix is a Cyclops poster i.e. Jean should be somewhere cowering, not competing with Thor lol

Is it though? You mean dialogue at the resurrection ceremony?
    In X-men 1 and 5 he used Storm. Her voice seemed ok. Storm was confident and strong.

I am also hopeful about Hickman with regards to Jean overall but I remain cautious. I def want to see him use her more. I am happy though that Percy writes Jean for now.

BANNED

I think Percy has written all the mutants he's touched well.

One thing to say for Hix and his weak opinion of Jean, at he least he credited her with the Dark Phoenix story. The thing that ended the D'Bari being a separate force from Jean makes the whole thing a non-story.

In regard to the Jean vs Thor fight, can mjolnir be lifted using telekinesis?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Magneto's magnetically manipulated it so I don't see why Jean can't telekinetically lift it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Scott & Jean by Lukas Werneck.

Quote Originally Posted by pandesal View Post
    Scott & Jean by Lukas Werneck.

Great. Now I'm having unpure thought about Cyke's chest and blow area. lol
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-23-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    omg lol. love me some Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    this is a good question...I don't know enough Thor lore (lol) to answer it sadly
    do't you have to be like pure of intention or something to lift it?? wonder if Jean's worthy..

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm sure that Jean could telekinetically lift it - but also the twitter comment that Tom Taylor posted about Jean sort of made me realize that he's right, she should be worthy. She should be able to lift it all her own, especially if Dazzler can.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I said once before on this forum (right after House of X 4 came out) that I think Hickman writes male and female characters very differently. Needless to say it didn't go over well, but I think he writes male voices as very strong and with bravado and a certain type of swagger and his female characters for the most part feel very different than the male characters.
    It is sad when a writer is not able to let female characters become characters in their own right. Back in the day, DECADES ago, Claremont meant so much for how women are portrayed in comics.

It is 2020, and the standard must be higher than this. Yes, Hickman can create an amazing world, he is an intelligent, fun, creative storyteller. But he doesn’t focus on the female characters, and when he is confronted with this he becomes dismissive. I am not sure I am okay with that.

Hickman can write women . His Destiny and Emma have been fantastic, Monet, Storm, Mystique, Moira all good...even his Jean hasn't been terrible imo though I get the frustration. I'm just dont think he prioritizes her - which is fine because Percy's writing her really well over in X-Force

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    It is sad when a writer is not able to let female characters become characters in their own right. Back in the day, DECADES ago, Claremont meant so much for how women are portrayed in comics.

It is 2020, and the standard must be higher than this. Yes, Hickman can create an amazing world, he is an intelligent, fun, creative storyteller. But he doesn’t focus on the female characters, and when he is confronted with this he becomes dismissive. I am not sure I am okay with that.
    HiX-Man is not Claremont. He's not obligated to write like Claremont...ie "focusing on female characters".
    How he should write his stories and characters is not up to you (or anyone else for that matter) to decide, regardless of how you may feel about it.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-23-2020 at 04:53 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    HiX-Man is not Claremont. He's not obligated to write like Claremont...ie "focusing on female characters".
    How he should write his stories and characters is not up to you to decide, regardless of how you fee about it.
    He's not obligated to give female characters more spotlight than a writer in the 80s?

BANNED

Moira, emma, dystiny, storm, the new mutant women, monet arent women for you?