Page 176 of 432 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 6479
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As I was browsing in the XoS thread...I would LOVE for HiX-Man or Percy to adult Jean up to Marvel Woman and leave the "Girl" behind.
    That simple change could be a consequential moment for the character (quite similar to when she crashed into Jamaica bay as MG and emerged as Phoenix.)

Edit: Count me as one who also likes the XFF stylised X-uniforms (minus the straps around her hips and thigh). I would love to see an updated version of it in X-Force.)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-06-2020 at 06:10 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post

Phoenix by Thony Silas
    Very nice indeed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As I was browsing in the XoS thread...I would LOVE for HiX-Man or Percy to adult Jean up to Marvel Woman and leave the "Girl" behind.
    That simple change could be a consequential moment for the character (quite similar to when she crashed into Jamaica bay as MG and emerged as Phoenix.)

Edit: Count me as one who also likes the XFF stylised X-uniforms (minus the straps around her hips and thigh). I would love to see an updated version of it in X-Force.)
    No one thinks of Jean as a mere "girl", though...except for the head writer. Of course, his is the only opinion that matters ,but she really has already done the job of growing out of Marvel Girl. Well...she had before the character regression.

They should just call her Phoenix, or Jean Grey, both names canonically feared and hated across the universe.

Guys, I really, really, did not appreciate what Bendis did with Teen Jean well enough at the time the issues were coming out. She was so fierce and willful! Now that formidability is mostly gone and we're talking about Jean Grey 'finally becoming a woman' one day.

I did not give Bendis enough respect.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-06-2020 at 07:17 PM.

I just dont like the name marvel woman aesthetically lol. Im kinda fine w/ "Jean Grey" as a moniker

Marvel Woman doesn't sound right. And marvel Girl is stupid for a woman. Mavel is not a good name on its own.
    So yes, Jean should go back to Phoenix, even if she doesn't have the space bird. She was called Phoenix for years, even when she didn't have any phoenix suit and/or powers.

Phoenix as a codename even without the force was fine back on the '90s but it wouldn't make any sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Phoenix as a codename even without the force was fine back on the '90s but it wouldn't make any sense now.
    "Marvel Girl" doesn't either, but who is it stopping, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why wouldn't it? The Phoenix just resurrected her again a few years ago and she's forever linked to it anyway.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

I knew I kept this picture for a reason. Maybe A can help her with a new codename.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Agreed. Scott and Emma have done nothing for her, particularly the latter. I want Jean to stay far away as possible from them.

Especially since Jean actually has a lot of connections to non-X Marvel characters which are rarely ever highlighted. I know the First Class comics aren't really considered canon but I liked how Sue Storm mentored her or how she and Wanda would hang out back then. Considering how Wanda is basically the Jean of the Avengers, it's a real shame they haven't had more meaningful interaction especially since both characters were put in limbo for years because of misogynistic writing. Then there's also the fact that Jean teamed up with Black Widow back then and Black Widow said her classic leather costume was inspired by Jean.

Then there's Jean's interactions with Reed, Sue, Captain America, and Hercules in her "resurrection" in Fantastic Four 286. Cap really admired her heroism and spirit and I've always wanted to see them interact more. Jean was supposed to battle and defeat Thor when she first became Phoenix but editorial nixed that for Firelord so I want a Jean/Thor battle all these decades later. Especially since Jean narrowly lost to him in the recent Marvel.com contest. Namor's archenemy Attuma has clashed with Jean twice and Namor himself was responsible for finding her psychic cocoon in Jamaica Bay, so that, alongside his being part of X-Men Red makes me hope for more Namor/Jean interactions. Bendis had Jean appear to Jessica Jones in her times of need in Alias so I'd love to see more of that. Or if not Jessica Jones, then Jessica Drew since she was originally supposed to be that character. Not to mention, Claremont helped write Jessica Drew and called her the Black Angel, the same name he would refer to Jean as Dark Phoenix as. Another non X-Claremont character is Carol Danvers who has A LOT in common with Jean, right down to the fact that the Dark Phoenix Saga plotline seemed to have been originally planned for Ms. Marvel at one point.
    I always thought it'd be cool to see Jean team up with Wanda and Lorna, too bad this never happened in the main MU:

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    "Marvel Girl" doesn't either, but who is it stopping, right?
    It's not the same thing. If Jean calls herself Marvel Girl, well... You might think it's questionable because of her age, but there's nothing that actually makes it weird. But Phoenix, when she directly rejected the Phoenix saying she wants nothing to do with it? Then that's something that would actually make no sense.

There's also a more... Complicated side to it, which is that at that time, the Phoenix was basically a Jean thing. Even Rachel having it was justified by her being Jean's daughter, like it was a legacy thing. Jean taking the name was just her reclaiming a thing that meant something to her in the past. But now the Phoenix is always going around possessing 102918902 people or even doing stuff by itself, and Jean associating herself to it randomically when she has nothing to do with that would be messy and confusing.

You've got a point there, Wiccan.

Was it ever explained why Jean is back at wearing this thing? I remember Hickman hinting on something, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    I knew I kept this picture for a reason. Maybe A can help her with a new codename.

the Apocalypse Manifesto write-ups are SO. good. I love this song

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean should be Ms Marvel while Kamala Khan is Marvel Girl. There, I said it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jean is too iconic and too much of a veteran to get a hand me down codename mantle from a character she has nothing to do with. Our girl deserves better than that