Page 165 of 432 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 6479
    BANNED

To be fair, Hix has spotlighted Moira and given Emma high importance. So it's probably not that he's a total woman-hater. Just doesn't think much of Jean besides preferring her as the leader's love interest.

Ive heard he didn't write the best sue storm when he wrote FF, granted I haven't read it myself. Jean just fills an archetype he struggles with - not that I personally see her solely as "the gf" but you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    To be fair, Hix has spotlighted Moira and given Emma high importance. So it's probably not that he's a total woman-hater. Just doesn't think much of Jean besides preferring her as the leader's love interest.
    and he isnt even writing her well in that regard bc the Scott/Jean romance has been pretty underwhelming

Jonathan Hickman is such trash. I can’tAttachment 96961 stand him.

Marvel needs to bring back Tom Taylor. Attachment 96962

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Moira, emma, dystiny, storm, the new mutant women, monet arent women for you?
    Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Jonathan Hickman is such trash. I can’tAttachment 96961 stand him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Marvel needs to bring back Tom Taylor. Attachment 96962
    you are familar with twiter banter/trolling? because this is a random and unimportant twitter pool that already caused silly outrage over every other x-men losing, hence its a fun thing to poke the bear that is x-men stans.
    Its a joke on a harmless voting and reactions like taylor's are the ones that look silly because you are taking it seriously.

I think Taylor's just playing along. Having said that... I don't see any real reason why a writer would want to (even in obvious jest) bash the characters that are paying his salary. If it's just to troll fans, that's even more ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If you can't be silly on twitter where 90% of its content should never ever be taken seriously then...this entire galaxy doesn't deserve to exist.

An' tuh besides...he's not the first writer to be a bit deprecating towards the characters he's writing.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-23-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Hickman's nods (or whatever they are) to Jean on social media would actually be appreciable if she didn't totally suck when she's in his books because making fun of things when they are on top is part of them being on top.

Anyway, I hope Tom is using her in whatever story he's got that's gonna feature the X-Men. The more positive representation she can get, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and he isnt even writing her well in that regard bc the Scott/Jean romance has been pretty underwhelming
    Seems pretty par for the course to me, tbh. One has yelled the other's name like 3 or 4 times in as many issues. That's a pretty decent rate. Certainly nothing to sneeze at.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-23-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I think Taylor's just playing along. Having said that... I don't see any real reason why a writer would want to (even in obvious jest) bash the characters that are paying his salary. If it's just to troll fans, that's even more ridiculous.
    EXACTLY! Thank you.

I can only speak for myself and I have never said or implied that Hickman is a woman hater but I maintain my thesis that he writes men's voices better and that he gives them a quality that he does not give the women. Compare the voices of Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Sunspot, and Cyclops to Moira, Emma, M, or Jean. While I concede it is subjective there is a very different feel to how the guys communicate and how the women communicate. In Hickman's FF run he gave a lot of attention to Reed and Franklin. Sue had some good moments for sure and some good power stunts but it is hard to compare his Sue to the outstanding work he did with Reed.

Hickman made Moira important but we haven't seen a lot of her outside House of X. Emma has been ok but again the catty talk with her and Jean over shoes was extremely cringey and stereotypical. It came across as how straight men think women talk to each other. Yikes.

I also say that it is too early to tell on his characterization for Jean and we'll see how he handles all the characters in time, but so far he excels with the voices of Xavier, Scott, Magneto, and Sunspot imo.

I think Hickman's real Bechdel test will be how he handles the true stars of his era: Moira and Destiny. I think they're the most important characters... and one's dead! Moira's just come across as an emotionless schemer BUT Hickman's Destiny was such a powerful character, so in control and so poised yet still so loving to Mystique and so ruthless to anyone in their way. I can't wait to see more of Destiny. I can only hope that he plans to majorly amp up Jean's role, too, and get rid of the miniskirt in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If you can't be silly on twitter where 90% of its content should never ever be taken seriously then...this entire galaxy doesn't deserve to exist.

An' tuh besides...he's not the first writer to be a bit deprecating towards the characters he's writing.
    loll exactly. or to his fanbase. lord knows we gotta savour every ounce of fun we can get lately

i mean honestly - at the end of the day we're talking about comics . we're intimately familiar w/ the absurd and often ridiculous lol

Yeah, in regards to Hickman's Jean, my expectations are very low. I think he acknowledges her power and status in the franchise, but just doesn't really like her as a character. And that is fine, really. Kinda sucks for us that want to see Jean having a voice in meaningful content ( she is guaranteed to make cameo appearances in lots of books, but that is not what I mean), but hey, at least we have X-Force. I really like how she's being used there, and I never thought of Jean as an X-Force character.

I do believe he will write about the Phoenix at some point in his run, and Jean and Rachel should get some focus in that storyline. Or at least a mention, I guess... ouch. This is the part where my inner stan is bitter, but I keep thinking it sucks that we went from X-Men Red Jean to ''Try harder , Marvel Girl'' Jean so quickly . There wasn't even a middle ground =/ ( she was fine in UXM and AOX) .