Page 384 of 432 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 6479
  1. #5746
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Saturnyne as Omniversal Majestrix has destroyed dimensions to protect the Integrity of the Omniverse. No mutant telepath is doing anything against all that. Jean would heed to be Phoenix to get anywhere with that. This current Marvel Girl got killed by lame sentinels at the beginning of Hickmanís run. No way can she deal with a being like Saturnyne.
    I mean you're right about this and the fact that something similar happened to her long time ago ugh



    People say this current jean and the x-men red one are the same but i can't see that Jean dying because of some ass sentinels, she could just blow up them with tk and then fly away

  2. #5747
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Outside of X-Force, Jean is literally just Cyclops' telephone.

    When she's done in X-Force it's gonna be a bad time for the more Jean-focused fans. We best hold on to memories of the good times lol
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  3. #5748
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Almost all comic authors are men and stillÖ there are strong women depicted in the comics. This thing has changed a lot along the years.

    For me, Hickmanís writing is reactionary.
    Hickman writes for the plot, sometimes he get lucky that plots and personality allign. I think his best work was FF because personality had a lot to do with plot.
    On X-men lots of inconsistencies all around the line, not all his faut but is inder his nose as Head of X

  4. #5749
    Spectacular Member andreikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I mean you're right about this and the fact that something similar happened to her long time ago ugh



    People say this current jean and the x-men red one are the same but i can't see that Jean dying because of some ass sentinels, she could just blow up them with tk and then fly away
    Sentinels always undergo modifications. At least in this comics she fought, and in the previous comic she says that these sentinels are different. In Hickman's, she's just scared and does nothing.
    Honestly, she doesn't stand a chance against Saturyne. With a snap she does everything. But I would think it was cool to get the telepaths together to try to take her down and Jean was the main one.

  5. #5750
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Sentinels always undergo modifications. At least in this comics she fought, and in the previous comic she says that these sentinels are different. In Hickman's, she's just scared and does nothing.
    Honestly, she doesn't stand a chance against Saturyne. With a snap she does everything. But I would think it was cool to get the telepaths together to try to take her down and Jean was the main one.
    It was mentioend earlier that she was assembling a team of telepaths to breach Otherworld. I hope there is payoff to that tomorrow

  6. #5751
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    875

    Default

    I wish Jean, Xavier, Emma and Rachel could teamup, they're my top tier telepaths the rest a fodder

  7. #5752
    Spectacular Member andreikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    225

    Default

    The Stepford Cuckoos or Rachel? humm

  8. #5753
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was mentioend earlier that she was assembling a team of telepaths to breach Otherworld. I hope there is payoff to that tomorrow
    Saturnyne could snap her fingers and kill them or banish them to another dimension. You donít win major battles against cosmic brings or mystical forces with telepathy. You just donít.

    Jean is not going to be the hero of X of Swords. Nor will Xavier or Emma or the Cuckoos

  9. #5754
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Lower your expectations for Jean for the foreseeable future. What's done with her character will be primarily about Cyclops and probably Cable too pretty often and not so much about anything she herself is doing, going forward. Enjoy the rest of her time in X-Force.
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  10. #5755
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,779

    Default

    ...I read spoilers.

    Let's just say... Hickman must enjoy getting flak from us at this point, if he's not coming up with something........

  11. #5756
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...I read spoilers.

    Let's just say... Hickman must enjoy getting flak from us at this point, if he's not coming up with something........


    what can we expect?

  12. #5757
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...I read spoilers.

    Let's just say... Hickman must enjoy getting flak from us at this point, if he's not coming up with something........
    Let me guess

    *She appeared in the background on a panel.

    *She was killed

    *She was defeated by someone very easily

    *She was there doing nothing like we expected


  13. #5758
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Let me guess

    *She appeared in the background on a panel.

    *She was killed

    *She was defeated by someone very easily

    *She was there doing nothing like we expected

    None of those, though I guess the latter one might be true?

    Like I said I only read spoilers. So I can't say anything about her overall portrayal. But if it's true and they're not missing anything, something that's gonna upset people happened.

  14. #5759
    Spectacular Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...I read spoilers.

    Let's just say... Hickman must enjoy getting flak from us at this point, if he's not coming up with something........
    that's what I mean. Hickman can't handle legitimate criticism. Because he is sooooo progressive! How dare anybody criticize his character portrayal?! Now Jean will suffer as a character because "the internet" dared to criticize this writer (with the big inflated cis-masculine ego). Really not suprised here!

    Don't expect anything going forward for Jean in Hickman's book. Maybe there was a different plan for her but a hurt ego will result in the character vanishing into the background.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-25-2020 at 12:47 AM.

  15. #5760
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    that's what I mean. Hickman can't handle legitimate criticism. Because he is sooooo progressive! How dare anybody criticize his character portrayal?! Now Jean will suffer as a character because "the internet" dared to criticize this writer (with the big inflated cis-masculine ego). Really not suprised here!

    Don't expect anything going forward for Jean in Hickman's book. Maybe there was a different plan for her but a hurt ego will result in the character vanishing into the background.
    I think this is unfair and a bit premature, I read the spoilers and we still don't know where this is going in the long run, I see potential for some interesting stuff.
    Last edited by Daedra; 11-25-2020 at 03:38 AM.
    "I'm looking forward to the court appearances without spray tan, hair dye and a professional comb-over."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •