Page 385 of 432 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 6479
  1. #5761
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,208

    Default

    Imagine calling someone else "fragile" after thinking it was a bunch of tweets that motivated a creative decision in the books. Sometimes writers just have plans, guys. And sometimes things don't have anything to do with other things.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  2. #5762
    Smart & Swift & Violent Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Lke I was saying guys. Just enjoy what we have in X-Force, while she's there. After that, she's probably gonna be a non-entity for a good while. Get ready for your X-Men Red re-reads lololol

    Bright side is, she ain't dead, so another writer that likes her can use her later.

    And we still have at least a few issues of her under Ben Percy, if cover art is to be believed.
    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  3. #5763
    Spectacular Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lke I was saying guys. Just enjoy what we have in X-Force, while she's there. After that, she's probably gonna be a non-entity for a good while. Get ready for your X-Men Red re-reads lololol

    Bright side is, she ain't dead, so another writer that likes her can use her later.

    And we still have at least a few issues of her under Ben Percy, if cover art is to be believed.
    I literally just bought "X-Men: Red" last week to read it in print. lol ;-)

  4. #5764
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Great Jean issues. Her Scott and their determination were wonderful. Jean takin no crap from the QC. Loved it.

  5. #5765
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,451

    Default

    Damn time travelers showing off with their early releases again.
    "Cable was right!"

  6. #5766
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    736

    Default

    It was better, but she still needs a ok from a man to do it

  7. #5767
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,724

    Default

    Y'all.

    Is JEAN the yet-to-be-revealed Telepath joining S.W.O.R.D??

  8. #5768
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,645

    Default

    It is past 9am so I hope we can discuss spoilers

    spoilers:
    I haven't read the books but I've read spoilers and a lot of scans (screen-shots) and it looks good to me thus far. I love Jean and Scott standing up to the QC. Jean leaving the council is interesting. I loved that she got to be part of the original version but it can be limiting. I can see Jean going back to X-force or perhaps being part of a new book and/or team. Scott and Jean leading the X-men I would love. As long as Storm is also there and a leader. I loved seeing Jean's "To me..my X-men" scene. Scott and Jean are both heroic characters. They can't just sit by the sidelines. They are going to help save their people and save their son.

    I get some not liking the mother aspect to Jean because I've been there. But so far it has been handled well and family is important. Again I haven't read the entire issues but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. I hope to get the books later today.
    end of spoilers

  9. #5769
    Spectacular Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Y'all.

    Is JEAN the yet-to-be-revealed Telepath joining S.W.O.R.D??
    S.W.O.R.D. could definitely use another a-lister.

  10. #5770
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It is past 9am so I hope we can discuss spoilers

    spoilers:
    I haven't read the books but I've read spoilers and a lot of scans (screen-shots) and it looks good to me thus far. I love Jean and Scott standing up to the QC. Jean leaving the council is interesting. I loved that she got to be part of the original version but it can be limiting. I can see Jean going back to X-force or perhaps being part of a new book and/or team. Scott and Jean leading the X-men I would love. As long as Storm is also there and a leader. I loved seeing Jean's "To me..my X-men" scene. Scott and Jean are both heroic characters. They can't just sit by the sidelines. They are going to help save their people and save their son.

    I get some not liking the mother aspect to Jean because I've been there. But so far it has been handled well and family is important. Again I haven't read the entire issues but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. I hope to get the books later today.
    end of spoilers
    "To Me my Xmen!" YASSS Jean
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  11. #5771
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    871

    Default

    she had some cute panels, that's about it

    I don't know if this was discussed yet, but
    How does everyone feel that Jean has to be the mother of people she did not give birth to (because she did not get pregnant in this timeline that I know of) but we know they are her children from another future / time?
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 11-25-2020 at 09:18 AM.

  12. #5772
    Spectacular Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    she had some cute panels, that's about it

    I don't know if this was discussed yet, but
    How does everyone feel that Jean has to be the mother of people she did not give birth to (because she did not get pregnant in this timeline that I know of) but we know they are her children from another future / time?
    I still don't get the whole teenage Cable plot. Is this supposed to be the Cable Jean and Scott raised together in the future? Then her new found mother stick makes sense. If it is another young Cable from another future (like Rachel), the entire family dynamic does not make sense to me at all.

    Jean—as an X-Men—has a queer family for many years with people like Nightcrawler, Storm, etc. I do not understand why suddenly the Summers have to be a biological family unit.

  13. #5773
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,048

    Default

    Jean was AWESOME! She was able to breach Otherworld and lead the charge as she propelled the X-men into battle

    I'll post the link to my favorite page


    https://imgur.com/UM5r5fy

    I LOVED how Scott sat back and let her lead. They truly worked in unison here

  14. #5774
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I still don't get the whole teenage Cable plot. Is this supposed to be the Cable Jean and Scott raised together in the future? Then her new found mother stick makes sense. If it is another young Cable from another future (like Rachel), the entire family dynamic does not make sense to me at all.

    Jean—as an X-Men—has a queer family for many years with people like Nightcrawler, Storm, etc. I do not understand why suddenly the Summers have to be a biological family unit.
    Nothing against the kids, but I feel like it takes a bit of life out of the character as everything about her character turns out to be about her family or whatever, that's how I see it.

    I don't want to see Jean raising people from another timeline, I want to see her kicking butt with her teammates or leading a team.

  15. #5775
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Cable isnt Jean's child from another time. Rachel and Nate are. But I dont know why many are so confused of Jean's and Cables relationship when adoption and step parents exists in the real world. Jean raised Cable in a post apocalyptic world for 12 years and she even has Maddies memories. Jean being motherly to Cable isnt something I find weird, its natural given the history between the two. To the contrary, I find it weird that Jean seems somewhat nonchalant when Cable died when she used to have flashbacks of her raising Nathan when she sees Cable in a near death situation lol

    Rachel is a bit more complicated because she's from another timeline and both of them were adults when they first met. Their relationship was rocky at first, understandably so, but I think their issues has been resolved so while I dont think Rachel has the same bond to Jean like Cable does, I think it make sense that Jean will have maternal feelings towards her. Same with Nate

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •