Page 168 of 432 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 6479
    BANNED

I don't mind her losing to Thor that much, tbh. He's a likable and powerful guy. A worthy opponent for her, of which there are few.

Matter of fact, JeanxThor ship, anyone? They'd be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Hey folks... it’s that time. The final battle Jean versus Thor. You can vote over at Marvel’s Facebook page AND Story Feed. Marvel’s Instagram Story Feed AND Marvel’s Twitter. All votes count so it’s important to take the time to go to each of the listed polls. Please take a moment to vote for our girl Jean Grey. Thanx. VOTE VOTEAttachment 97027 VOTE
    I hope everyone is still voting in those polls that were listed. She’s trailing behind but not by much, except over at Instagram, she she beats him over in at twitter and Facebook she can win. Vote vote vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't mind her losing to Thor that much, tbh. He's a likable and powerful guy. A worthy opponent for her, of which there are few.

Matter of fact, JeanxThor ship, anyone? They'd be hot.
    Ororo as queen of Wakanda and Jean as queen of Asgard? Yes please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    I hope everyone is still voting in those polls that were listed. She’s trailing behind but not by much, except over at Instagram, she she beats him over in at twitter and Facebook she can win. Vote vote vote.
    Correct! She is only 2% behind on Twitter.

Get your votes in!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Ororo as queen of Wakanda and Jean as queen of Asgard? Yes please.
    The X-Women can take over everything, as they should!

The X-Women can take over everything, as they should!
    Too bad some people can't stand two powerful women leading at the same time and have the need to bring one of them down.

There's someone on Twitter - that is also a member of this forum - trying to belittle Jean since her battle againt Ironman. You'd understand someone being mad their fave didn't last, but actively demeaning a friend of your said fave is the epitome of jealousy.

Having said that, I think Jean losing to Thor is an honor and shows how important and respected she is even when she's not part of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post
    Too bad some people can't stand two powerful women leading at the same time and have the need to bring one of them down.

There's someone on Twitter - that is also a member of this forum - trying to belittle Jean since her battle againt Ironman. You'd understand someone being mad their fave didn't last, but actively demeaning a friend of your said fave is the epitome of jealousy.
    You saw that too? Yikes
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-26-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Just saw the Twitter polls and they're really close, impressive since Thor is loved by the locals and MCU fans apart from the comicbook Thor fans who are a lot as well.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-26-2020 at 08:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post

Having said that, I think Jean losing to Thor is an honor and shows how important and respected she is even when she's not part of the MCU.
    Lol you have to forgive that person. It doesn't quite make sense, considering Jean is either dead in the ground or chained to Cyclops' hip 99% of the time, but that person believes Jean Grey prevents Storm from getting her due somehow. Just ignore it.

I'm more concerned with the massively important writer that doesn't like her. Regular fellow fans are going to so what they do, but don't really matter.

As for Jean losing to Thor, I'd prefer that she wins, but a loss to Thor is not a bad loss overall. I don't think these polls mean anything, but maybe someone will see it and think about Jean next time they want to tell a big story with notable/popular characters.

When you're banned in other sites for being biased and hate a character to the core you know you went to far lol.

I wasn't shook when i saw that user lowballing Jean under the Twitter polls with out of context scans.

BANNED

Out of all polls that I have seen in Marvel twitter. This poll actually gave me a smile for some reason lol
    I voted Jean but I guess it's not that bad to lose to some popular MCU character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    You saw that too? Yikes
    Yes, I was checking some comments and then I saw this person being a little too excited to belittle Jean. Not surprising though, I've noticed this behavior a loooooooong time ago.

Lol you have to forgive that person. It doesn't quite make sense, considering Jean is either dead in the ground or chained to Cyclops' hip 99% of the time, but that person believes Jean Grey prevents Storm from getting her due somehow. Just ignore it.

I'm more concerned with the massively important writer that doesn't like her. Regular fellow fans are going to so what they do, but don't really matter.

As for Jean losing to Thor, I'd prefer that she wins, but a loss to Thor is not a bad loss overall. I don't think these polls mean anything, but maybe someone will see it and think about Jean next time they want to tell a big story with notable/popular characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    When you're banned in other sites for being biased and hate a character to the core you know you went to far lol.

I wasn't shook when i saw that user lowballing Jean under the Twitter polls with out of context scans.

I mean, I'm not upset or anything, their effort to belittle Jean is so immense that you gotta ask: the fact that your fave character is "the one true and only goddess of the X-men as intended" should be enough for you to be happy. I would totally agree she needs to be written and used better than she is right now and don't get me wrong, I really like Ororo, but some of her fans are eager to see Jean go down so she can have THE spot as THE X-woman, as if she needed it. She is already there, guys, just chill.

It was funny when I learned she was friends with that banned user rut**, the one who was always trying to "prove" Jean couldn't lift a paperclip without Phoenix's aid in EVERY versus topic you can google. Surprise surprise. lol

But let's talk about good things: Jean is alive, X-force is really doing a good job when it comes to showing off her feats and personality. X-men Red kinda boosted my expectations about her powers, but somehow I think she lacks consistency. It's like they make her that strong sometimes and out of sudden she's weak again. I understand plot requires some things that don't make sense, yet I'm tired of her power levels changing every single time. Don't even get me started with her losing the pink form...

BANNED

I don't even think she was shown to be necessarily outstandingly powerful in X-Men Red. I just liked how Tom wrote her. He never did quite give me a big feat though, tbh.

In regards to the pink form...stripped from her to make her lesser is basically the end result and intention of that. It's not that I was married to the form, but I liked Bendis' willingness to show Jean cutting loose. Some writers are just super put off by strong girls. Unless their strength is primarily in their sexuality. Comic writers love that angle.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-26-2020 at 09:11 PM.

I don't even think she was shown to be necessarily outstandingly powerful in X-Men Red. I just liked how Tom wrote her. He never did quite give me a big feat though, tbh.

In regards to the pink form...stripped from her to make her lesser is basically the end result and intention of that. It's not that I was married to the form, but I liked Bendis' willingness to show Jean cutting loose. Some writers are just super put off by strong girls. Unless their strength is primarily in their sexuality. Comic writers love that angle.
    She wasn't overpowered, she was consistent with what you think of Jean Grey. She was back, no more Phoenix Force and it was nice to see her being represented in a proper way power and personality-wise.

I lol'd when I read they didn't take it away from her but it was "something she used to do and now she doesn't". Really, writers? You can do better. She learned how to overwrite the twins' control over the newly-made hounds when the knowledge acquired by Teen Jean went instantly to her adult self, but somehow she feels like siphoning psychic energy from everybody around to enhance her abilities and stats is something she wouldn't do because...?

BANNED

I liked Teen Jean and the use of her powers(and if Jean takes some inspiration from her teen costumes I would not complain^^).

And it did not seem overpowered to me just a powerful psi using her abilities(and coming from Bendis it was a surprise, because he had some problems with more powerful characters before). That sadly does not happen too often.
    Rachel in X-Men Gold is just the most recent example of doing it wrong.

And yes removing it just like that is something that makes no sense. If not for no other reason than moving her away from the Phoenix and showing that she is powerful on her own.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 05-27-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Jean had a few good feats in X-men Red. Her tk feats were holding the falling tower in Atlantis and the other one was her moving the sentinite out of Storm's brain. These feats displayed that she has both heavy lifting tk and the molecular level tk (in case there were any questions re: fans who think she can only do impressive things as Phoenix).

Her tp feats were merging the minds of the soldiers in the one issue and of course the battles with Nova. I agree that she wasn't over powered but was confident and powerful (which is more interesting than a character who is overpowered and can do anything and everything).

I do miss the "pink form" and wish it had remained a part of her character. I do think the current writers and editors are concerned with power creep and in some ways have limited most mutants (the re-definition of an omega mutant essentially put limits on the "most powerful" mutants). I do think power creep can be a problem but I think it is safe for some characters to be routinely powerful (characters like Jean, Storm, Iceman, Magneto..).

I think Jean's power feats are impressive as is and they don't need to be on some crazy level like some characters (see Nate Grey, Cable, Exodus, whomever).