Page 343 of 432 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Absolutely agree. This is beyond ridiculous. The Avengers have enough of their own cannon to work with, why do they have to steal something that has been unique to the X-Men for decades? Just stupid, especially considering AvX was stupid enough. I won’t buy anything else Avengers related.
    Not only is it silly in light of what happened in AVX, it also comes across as a lazy way to try and get some of the folks that are buying X-Men books to buy Avengers. Not gonna work with this X-Men fan. I read 'The Final Host' and I'm not going back to the Avengers until Aaron is off the book. It is a shame because I enjoyed his Thor run.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Okay I just have to pop in and say this cause I didn't know where else to put it, but the fact the Avengers are literally stealing the Phoenix Mythos and even crowning a new one in their book come December is really pathetic they are struggling for content!!

If Jean is to appear at this Avengers event, let it be at the end to end him
    ''no more avengers, please''

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    If Jean is to appear at this Avengers event, let it be at the end to end him
    ''no more avengers, please''
    Lol, that would be awesome. Although I would love it if she turned up at the end and said "NO MORE JASON AARON!"

(Like, no more Jason Aaron on the Avengers, I'm not asking fro her to wish him outta existence, he's probably a good bloke, he just writes shitty Avengers comics)
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Fantastic Member

I am furious with this new everyone is Phoenix storyline.... This is beyond ridiculous at this point. Can not wait for Hickman to fix the Force. The Avengers being Phoenixes is beyond bad and neither the cave Phoenix makes sense.

Would like Jean to show up and take the Force in the end. To reclaim it. The Phoenix also would let any possible host for Jean anyway since Jean is her primary host, house and self.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont know how it could be done, but I really want a writer to retcon everything Aaron has done with the PF away. Just throw it away in the trash
    Ugh, about everything he's done with Phoenix!

Gross, I genuinely don't care about this event or Aaron, what sucks as a Jean fan is nothing about her other than superficial add ons stick. I will never understand how Marvel is ADAMANT Jean Grey can't control the PF in any capacity. Yet countless other characters are attached to it in the most contrived ways, and that would be one thing if she isn't then used in the background as the girl who went crazy and died.

Even certain interactions she have with characters outside of her normal grouping is forgotten, ignored, or Marvel goes out of it's way to detach her from them. It's tough being a Jean fan when all of her peers even with obscure interactions or even power upgrades are elaborated on by multiple writers.

Even when Logan, Steve, Bruce, Thor, or any host of other characters lose their mantle they are still heavily involved and I genuinely don't get why Marvel will not allow Jean as Phoenix to function in any longterm capacity!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Anyway, in actual Jean-related news, here she is on the cover of X-Force #15

Oh this is cool!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Okay I just have to pop in and say this cause I didn't know where else to put it, but the fact the Avengers are literally stealing the Phoenix Mythos and even crowning a new one in their book come December is really pathetic they are struggling for content!!
    the gag is hickman Is going to pretend that didn't exist and aaron will just have to watch lol, just as the rest of his run is completly and absolutly Ignored.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yeah, that's disappointing. We might still see a small bit of Jean, but it doesn't look like it'll be anything major until 15.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i hate jean around beast, thats because i hate him so much, lol. please lets move on so i dont see him anymore, and she is with other characters
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Jean with Beast is great. They are just a brother and sister going through a rough patch and it's good for character drama. They'll be alright in the end.

Lord knows Jean needs more conflict besides Scott Pilgrim's Evil Exes or whatever, especially since they won't let her have her job as Phoenix and the inherent difficulties and duties that come along with that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Ugh, about everything he's done with Phoenix!

Gross, I genuinely don't care about this event or Aaron, what sucks as a Jean fan is nothing about her other than superficial add ons stick. I will never understand how Marvel is ADAMANT Jean Grey can't control the PF in any capacity. Yet countless other characters are attached to it in the most contrived ways, and that would be one thing if she isn't then used in the background as the girl who went crazy and died.

Even certain interactions she have with characters outside of her normal grouping is forgotten, ignored, or Marvel goes out of it's way to detach her from them. It's tough being a Jean fan when all of her peers even with obscure interactions or even power upgrades are elaborated on by multiple writers.

Even when Logan, Steve, Bruce, Thor, or any host of other characters lose their mantle they are still heavily involved and I genuinely don't get why Marvel will not allow Jean as Phoenix to function in any longterm capacity!
    At this point it reeks of sexism. Arron did a fantastic story arc with Jane Foster becoming Thor and simultaneously Odinson regaining his worthiness, but I am prepared for him to drop the ball on this story due to Marvel editors miss-handling of the PF mythos. Jean most likely won’t even be featured in this story. Hopefully this will all be put to a stop soon and Hickman can salvage the PF.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jean with Beast is great. They are just a brother and sister going through a rough patch and it's good for character drama. They'll be alright in the end.

Lord knows Jean needs more conflict besides Scott Pilgrim's Evil Exes or whatever, especially since they won't let her have her job as Phoenix and the inherent difficulties and duties that come along with that role.
    I freaking love their X-Force interactions lol Jean and Beast have always been close as friends and colleagues. I love the fact that Jean isn't taking any **** from Hank and considering the teen versions of them dated for a hot sec it makes it all the more hilarious.

Although I do wonder why Jean doesn't use her connections as a quiet council member to have Beast removed as head of X-Force. What with the whole genocide and hiring merc business.

I mean I can understand if these methods actually worked but more often than not they've blown up in Hank's face lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    At this point it reeks of sexism. Arron did a fantastic story arc with Jane Foster becoming Thor and simultaneously Odinson regaining his worthiness, but I am prepared for him to drop the ball on this story due to Marvel editors miss-handling of the PF mythos. Jean most likely won’t even be featured in this story. Hopefully this will all be put to a stop soon and Hickman can salvage the PF.
    I think Jean isn’t appearing in this PF story. I do think afterwards Hickman and the X-office will get it, meaning Jean becomes Phoenix.

I do think Aaron is sexist, and probably that’s why Cavelady was editorially mandated(she’s red haired, perhaps the Phoenix’s avatar is always meant to be red haired and perhaps she is an ancestor or previous incarnation of Jean).

BANNED

Hickman does well with cosmic avatars strugling with their humanity, im excited for his take when it comes tbh

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Rian Gonzales working on a Jean piece!
    838E33A0-609C-46F3-92EE-00651E79B9DD.jpg