Page 390 of 432 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 6479
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been addressed. Did Hickman ever reveal why Jean went back to the minidress and Marvelgirl code name? If not, when exactly was the last time she wore it where it meant something significant about her? Technically speaking, it was at the end of Phoenix Redurrection, but is that what Hickman was referring to?
    He just likes the costume. It's also meant as a sort of "back to basics" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Considering how perfect they've been written together in this arc, he really does feel like an unnecesary complication
    It made sense for this to be only about the two as the reason they had to do it was to protect their son. The fact that Logan wasn't shoehorned in if anything shows that he's not a complication.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    He just likes the costume. It's also meant as a sort of "back to basics" thing.
    I can see the back to basics, but there is a story reason. Unless that is another joke move

Something is wrong when you do a 70s homage and she is using the same dress

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I understand being wary of romantic relationships, but you have to look at what's presented. Jean was the one making her own choices here. Scott didn't tell her to leave, she chose to because her family and friends lives were at stake. People have to stop taking away Jean's agency just because she orbits another character she's in love with.
    She wasn't having any problems with quiet council, then Scott talks with her and suddenly she has a problem. She took the right decision. But it felt more of a accessory to Scott, it really was his moment and not her.
    Hickman trying to make Scott/Jean the Reed/Sue of x-men without putting any work into it, twisting personalities and Hickman's Sue was really awful

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It made sense for this to be only about the two as the reason they had to do it was to protect their son. The fact that Logan wasn't shoehorned in if anything shows that he's not a complication.
    IDA. Scott and Jean seemed so committed to each other and worked as a pair here better than almost anytime in the past. They were a solid unit and the love was felt. Its hard to buy this Jean as even being involved with anyone else while currently with Scott, so yeah Logan does feel like an unnecessary complication.

BANNED

IDA. Scott and Jean seemed so committed to each other and worked as a pair here better than almost anytime in the past. They were a solid unit and the love was felt. Its hard to buy this Jean as even being involved with anyone else while currently with Scott, so yeah Logan does feel like an unnecessary complication.
    For me it is all crap writing, the haracters just have to work that way because the writer want. It all feel so shallow and a joke for Jean's character

Be careful what you wish for lol
    I think it will be fine, because he will write her in relation to Scott just like he did with Sue

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

It's clear something is still going on with Cyclops/Emma, so Jean needs to keep her thing with Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    She wasn't having any problems with quiet council, then Scott talks with her and suddenly she has a problem. She took the right decision. But it felt more of a accessory to Scott, it really was his moment and not her.
    Hickman trying to make Scott/Jean the Reed/Sue of x-men without putting any work into it, twisting personalities and Hickman's Sue was really awful
    Shaw created the problem, not Cyclops. It was him that decided Jean couldn't retain her seat if she left.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    It's clear something is still going on with Cyclops/Emma, so Jean needs to keep her thing with Wolverine.

Shaw created the problem, not Cyclops. It was him that decided Jean couldn't retain her seat if she left.
    Cyclops ddidn't defended her too. Of course he didn't creatd the problem as Jean would do it any way.

Hickman never really develops any couple that he hints and Jean could do better than Wolverine

BANNED

I think it will be fine, because he will write her in relation to Scott just like he did with Sue
    Yeah, she'll be fine. I mean, she won't die for good or anything. She'll probably continue to take Ls though.

Guess there's always back-issues.

Of course they're committed to each other. Them being with other people doesn't have to mean they love each other any less. Logan wasn't on it but I'd say you could see the love between Scott and Emma during that scene in the council too.

Cyclops ddidn't defended her too. Of course he didn't creatd the problem as Jean would do it any way.

Hickman never really develops any couple that he hints and Jean could do better than Wolverine
    Scott doesn't have power over the council. The majority voted against her(I'm particularly mad at Xavier). I understand people being upset with Scott on a meta sense but in-story he did nothing wrong.

BANNED

Yeah, she'll be fine. I mean, she won't die for good or anything. She'll probably continue to take Ls though.

Guess there's always back-issues.
    For now she won't die, who knows about the end of the run just o let a mark like Morrison and Claremont almost did.
    Some writers you can't just trust

Of course they're committed to each other. Them being with other people doesn't have to mean they love each other any less. Logan wasn't on it but I'd say you could see the love between Scott and Emma during that scene in the council too.
    I think it means. People mad in love with each other doesn't look at the sides. Love is about compromise

Also nothing on it makes any sense and completely **** on Jean

Scott doesn't have power over the council. The majority voted against her(I'm particularly mad at Xavier). I understand people being upset with Scott on a meta sense but in-story he did nothing wrong.
    yeah nobody said anything and he didn't had power, but for some reason Cyclops continue to be captain commander? that is very convenient. he could had a least tried to say that he wouldn't be captain commander anymore if Jean had to get out of the council.
    Last edited by baxer; 11-25-2020 at 03:03 PM.

I think it means. People mad in love with each other doesn't look at the sides. Love is about compromise
    1) Jean and Scott aren't "madly in love", they're a married couple who have been with each other for about two decades(12 years with Cable in the future + their time together from the 60's to now in the sliding timeline). They have that sort of stable relationship where they know they'll always love each other and don't need to prove anything anymore.

2) There's compromise in allowing each other to act on the feelings they have towards others instead of continuing to stick with monogamy simply because it's the norm.

yeah nobody said anything and he didn't had power, but for some reason Cyclops continue to be captain commander? that is very convenient. he could had a least tried to say that he wouldn't be captain commander anymore if Jean had to get out of the council.
    Yeah I don't like that Jean was the only one with something to lose, if Scott had his position taken as well things would feel more fair. Or, more equally unfair at least. I don't blame him for not making the situation worse than it already was though.

BANNED

1) Jean and Scott aren't "madly in love", they're a married couple who have been with each other for about two decades(12 years with Cable in the future + their time together from the 60's to now in the sliding timeline). They have that sort of stable relationship where they know they'll always love each other and don't need to prove anything anymore.

2) There's compromise in allowing each other to act on the feelings they have towards others instead of continuing to stick with monogamy simply because it's the norm.
    Married people can still be madly in love. Let's not pretend all passion ends and every married couple is boring as hickman presents Scott/Jean and Reed/Sue

it's not compromise, it is the opposite of making ompromise. Specially seeing how much these people hurt her, specially Emma and Scott. This is terrible, hope she won't become a joke because of this crap writing

Yeah I don't like that Jean was the only one with something to lose, if Scott had his position taken as well things would feel more fair. Or, more equally unfair at least. I don't blame him for not making the situation worse than it already was though.
    Well Scott should defend her, he isn't her husband? Simply not fair tht Jean keep losing alone. He relly doesn't deserve her

You may feel entitled. You are not.

She is the one that will call people telepathically when Cyclops has a plan.
    You are a broken record. You should stop.

Married people can still be madly in love. Let's not pretend all passion ends and every married couple is boring as hickman presents Scott/Jean and Reed/Sue

it's not compromise, it is the opposite of making ompromise. Specially seeing how much these people hurt her, specially Emma and Scott. This is terrible, hope she won't become a joke because of this crap writing

Well Scott should defend her, he isn't her husband? Simply not fair tht Jean keep losing alone. He relly doesn't deserve her
    you act like Scott has any power to override or even influence the council. We've seen him try to express his opinion in the past and they shut him down, including Jean

The scene played out with them pretty much telling him to shut up before dismissing him. They wouldnt listen to him about his brother, so why would they listen to him about his wife?