Page 26 of 432 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That is a nice explanation.

I just find it weird when TKs like Jean or Betsy seem to have green lantern powers.
    In movie/animation form, invisible telekinesis makes sense , since it's usually a power wielded by some of sort of select group and regular people shouldn't be able to see a "mind feat" like this. In comic book form, the Green Lantern vibe is more pleasing aesthetically due to the static imagery. Somehow I feel it makes it easier to actually feel like the telekinesis is acting on page. Don't know if it makes sense, but I like it better this way in comic book form.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Thoughts on the first couple pages of the X-Force #6 preview.
    * On the first page, it looks like Jean (and Quentin) are using their powers to create orbs of light to illuminate the area. (I like how Jean's orbs are bigger, lol.) Is this the first time Jean has used her powers in this way? I think I recall Psylocke once using her psychic knife to light up an area.
    * I like Beast's description of Jean. Her versatility allows her to serve both on the frontlines and as support.

Nice. Thanks.

Sage coat needs to be red. She has too much Jubilee vibes like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Nice. Thanks.

Sage coat needs to be red. She has too much Jubilee vibes like that.
    Eh I've got no problem with the yellow trench coat because besides that that's pretty much where the similarities end. I'm just hoping we see Sage get a piece of the action too instead of just playing the background.

Eh, even if it's not realistic, I like visible tk more

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post

Oh yes! Definitely!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh yes! Definitely!!
    Yeah. I hope they go for a glow outline like this if the mcu decides to make her tk visible

Yeah. I hope they go for a glow outline like this if the mcu decides to make her tk visible

Ya tease me ' with that clip, 'cause I REALLY like this Jean animated portrayal!!

Jean is shown as very powerful here TK-wise.

I like the idea that concentrations of psionic energy can create a plasmatic effect, exciting the air molecules into a visible light, something like how the solar wind can excite the atmosphere into aurora effects. In that regard, it's reasonably 'realistic'.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh I've got no problem with the yellow trench coat because besides that that's pretty much where the similarities end. I'm just hoping we see Sage get a piece of the action too instead of just playing the background.
    Nice that you don't have a problem with it. I have no problem with it too. The problem is Sage's lol I mean, a few fans on Reddit asked a few times if the character was Jubilee when they see some X-Force pages. I have seen on this forum too some fans joking about Sage was cosplaying Jubilee. Nothing harsh and nothing that important anyway.

Anyway, I really don't want to derail this topic about Jean (my bad) so maybe we can talk about in the X-Force topic if you want.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Give me visible tk/to, I've been waiting for years for Marvel to regain the X-men properly so that I might get fantastical visuals. Besides no one will ever know how much I've obsessed over having a live action Psylocke with her telepathic butterfly and psychic katana....thanks Kwannon we were so close.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    In movie/animation form, invisible telekinesis makes sense , since it's usually a power wielded by some of sort of select group and regular people shouldn't be able to see a "mind feat" like this. In comic book form, the Green Lantern vibe is more pleasing aesthetically due to the static imagery. Somehow I feel it makes it easier to actually feel like the telekinesis is acting on page. Don't know if it makes sense, but I like it better this way in comic book form.
    Comic books have their code, their language: some signs have made their way through comic history.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Nice that you don't have a problem with it. I have no problem with it too. The problem is Sage's lol I mean, a few fans on Reddit asked a few times if the character was Jubilee when they see some X-Force pages. I have seen on this forum too some fans joking about Sage was cosplaying Jubilee. Nothing harsh and nothing that important anyway.

Anyway, I really don't want to derail this topic about Jean (my bad) so maybe we can talk about in the X-Force topic if you want.
    Naw don't care enough to.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

AiPT seems to gearing up for a X-Men Monday centered around Jean and Emma for February. I'm excited.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

bet its gonna be another fluff piece

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    AiPT seems to gearing up for a X-Men Monday centered around Jean and Emma for February. I'm excited.
    So am I.

Jean and Emma have been at each other's throats for years. With House of X/Powers of X, things seem to be evolving. We just don't know what they're evolving into, but based on what we've seen thus far, it looks amazing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.