Page 13 of 432 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    i mean he looks like 3 guys I saw last night at the gay club, one was even wearing the sunglasses
    Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Looks like her X-Men Evolution costume is gonna get the Earth-616 treatment. Interesting.
    Very interesting. I'd like to see it colored but at this point, any costume that isn't the miniskirt and go-go boots works for me lol

I also loved the X-factor era. Jean was very useful in those days. Almost every issue she was doing something big with her telekinetics. She had a starring role and wasn't the' two bit supporting actress' (I'm referencing Mojo's line to Jean in X-men TAS episode Mojovision). There was a lot of drama with Scott but there was also a lot of heart in the series. The O5 felt like a family and the characters work so well together.

I like to re-read the X-factor years every so often. It is one of my favorite versions of Jean (after Morrison and Claremont). Jean was sort of background in a lot of respects in the early 90's though i do love the original Gold Team. Jean did have some moments there but her personality lacked the fiery temper that she had previously. Jean was shown to be more mature. I felt like they aged her and Scott during that era.

I'm excited to see Jean's evo inspired costume colored. Should the green parts stay green or should they be another color like purple or gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Lucas is the man! This the most gorgeous design I have seen for Jean Grey in a LONG time! Did you see his design for Scott? Just Wow!
    He looks great

I think Jean looks better in green and black than she does in green and gold. The black makes her red hair pop. The Evo costume is pretty perfect.

Have we talked about Jean at the end of X-Force #5? I have complicated feelings toward it. I want Jean to be taken in new and interesting directions and I like it when writers play up her righteous fury because she isn't saint Jean all the time. But I am so averse to interrogation, torture, and coerced confessions/information. I know these people assassinated Xavier and I know there are people on Krakoa who would do that job... but to see Jean do it has particularly affected me. I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, but I do hope those kinds of actions and the morality behind it are addressed in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I also loved the X-factor era. Jean was very useful in those days. Almost every issue she was doing something big with her telekinetics. She had a starring role and wasn't the' two bit supporting actress' (I'm referencing Mojo's line to Jean in X-men TAS episode Mojovision). There was a lot of drama with Scott but there was also a lot of heart in the series. The O5 felt like a family and the characters work so well together.

I like to re-read the X-factor years every so often. It is one of my favorite versions of Jean (after Morrison and Claremont). Jean was sort of background in a lot of respects in the early 90's though i do love the original Gold Team. Jean did have some moments there but her personality lacked the fiery temper that she had previously. Jean was shown to be more mature. I felt like they aged her and Scott during that era.
    X-Factor with Jean was published in 1986-1991. It makes me sad that in 2020, 30 years later, we have a version who has a weaker personality and weaker powers. Not very progressive.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I think Jean looks better in green and black than she does in green and gold. The black makes her red hair pop. The Evo costume is pretty perfect.

Have we talked about Jean at the end of X-Force #5? I have complicated feelings toward it. I want Jean to be taken in new and interesting directions and I like it when writers play up her righteous fury because she isn't saint Jean all the time. But I am so averse to interrogation, torture, and coerced confessions/information. I know these people assassinated Xavier and I know there are people on Krakoa who would do that job... but to see Jean do it has particularly affected me. I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, but I do hope those kinds of actions and the morality behind it are addressed in the book.
    I was wondering why Jean would be so nasty to the captured mercenary myself. Currently, I'm thinking that maybe she's upset that he was killing all those humans in Greenspace. Jean has shown to be sensitive to civilian casualties before and beat up Sabretooth partially because of it back in the 90s. She also made some kids feel the pain they've inflicted on helpless animals and did the same to Juggernaut when he was insensitive over the issue in a 2000s issue. With the new status quo though I'm hoping what she's done will be addressed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    wait, is jean getting this as a costume in the books?

It's f.... amazing. Great design for bight plain Jean and Phoenix Jean. This is exactly the kind of green, black and gold suit I would love Jean to have in X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    wait, is jean getting this as a costume in the books?
    No, seems like a artist personal art piece

I got irrationally triggered by this gem in a “who would win” thread

Attachment 91498
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I got irrationally triggered by this gem in a “who would win” thread

Attachment 91498
    Wanda's a telepath? People need to get over TAS Jean. She can definitely use her powers under pressure. Alsi this made me think how would Jean do against a magic user like Wanda, Zatanna or Dr Strange.

I was mostly amused by “jean can only read minds”, lols
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I was wondering why Jean would be so nasty to the captured mercenary myself. Currently, I'm thinking that maybe she's upset that he was killing all those humans in Greenspace. Jean has shown to be sensitive to civilian casualties before and beat up Sabretooth partially because of it back in the 90s. She also made some kids feel the pain they've inflicted on helpless animals and did the same to Juggernaut when he was insensitive over the issue in a 2000s issue. With the new status quo though I'm hoping what she's done will be addressed myself.
    I'm pretty sure this will all be discussed later. X-force will push boundaries
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-10-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I was mostly amused by “jean can only read minds”, lols
    So weird. I thought her tk was more iconic