Page 55 of 432 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I agree. The Black and red costume is definitely one of my favorite Phoenix costumes. I really wish we got more mileage out of it. It's sleek, simple, and the color scheme justs WORKS.
    Even though obviously the intention was for her not to be Phoenix anymore, I think the Phoenix costume was redesigned for whenever they do decide to do a Phoenix storyline. I think Jean will be Phoenix again soon, which is why Hickman reset her to the Marvel Girl costume.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Wonder what a springtime green + gold Phoenix 5 lewks could be. Who would be the "good" Phoenix 5? No one's ever shown me a Phoenix Nightcrawler. Phoenix Iceman. rawr
    Buggeration. Now I have to draw one. Thanks a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Buggeration. Now I have to draw one. Thanks a bunch.
    Blue green & gold! I can’t say I know a hero with that particular combo outside of Muir Islander Polaris. Have fun!

I had no idea Christopher Yost is a big Jean fan. Really bad that when he was writing x-books Jean was dead

For me the red and black doesn't really work for Jean...would have prefer a combo of black and gold
    Attachment 93650
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    These colors just do not seem to go together for me. It is definitely the red. But I’m glad Jean got another Phoenix costume. She’s been through all the stages from green, red, white, and black. I wish each stage of the Phoenix would have been better explained. What does each color mean/represent?
    Last edited by perdid06; 02-25-2020 at 02:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    For me the red and black doesn't really work for Jean...would have prefer a combo of black and gold
    Attachment 93650
    Naw she just looks like a bumble bee

With Jean set to play a role in Giant Size and X-Men #7, tomorrow can't come soon enough.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    With Jean set to play a role in Giant Size and X-Men #7, tomorrow can't come soon enough.
    Yes. I'm kind of disappointed that the artist didn't pick the New X-Men uniform for Jean. Was he afraid the hommage to the silent issue would be to heavy? Anyway, I'm excited to read it tomorrow. I really want Hickman to surprise me, in a good way.

EDIT : and guess who graces the cover of Wolverine #1 reprint?

Attachment 93658
    Last edited by franckd; 02-25-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Amazing Member

Has anyone found Jean Gray here? Many famous here are easy to recognize. But Jean Gray and Rogue can't seem to findAttachment 93661

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    Has anyone found Jean Gray here? Many famous here are easy to recognize. But Jean Gray and Rogue can't seem to findAttachment 93661
    Jean is beside Cyclops and she’s in the X-men Red uniform.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Blue green & gold! I can’t say I know a hero with that particular combo outside of Muir Islander Polaris. Have fun!
    Done the B&W.
    As to colours, my artistic instinct says that flames can be blue too; my urge is to do it in just blue and gold.

The reviews about giant size are mostly good, but all say tha tit is more art oriented than story oriented

SPOILER ALERT don't click if you don't want a spoiler
    https://www.newsarama.com/49188-best...mma-frost.html

This really hit the nail how much Hickman era lacks chaarcterization and definition of relationships

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The issue does seem a bit dissapointing but I guess some will keep claiming it is the best thing since sliced bread.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-25-2020 at 05:10 PM.

I'm not surprised, Hickman seems to struggle with Jean's characterization. The issue will look amazing though.

I admit to being a bit disappointed that this is a new silent issue, because it will be hard to top the original. Dauterman is a good artist but he's no Frank Quitely. When I think of Jean Grey I tend to think of the New X-men version and specifically the Quitely art from New X-men 121.

However, the more I think about it at least it is a Jean (and Emma) issue. We get to see Jean and Emma in their element (the mind). I can't wait to see more with their adventure in Storm's mind. I know the creators wanted to do an homage but you have to be careful not to come across as a rip off. There was something really special about the original silent psychic rescue.

I wonder if Jean will be in X-men 7?